Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2021, 04:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Something going on ??

I’ve just read an article where Lindsey says…” I don’t think Stevie ever got over me”
What.!!!???
Why is he coming out with this….there is something going on behind the scenes to get the Famous Five back together.
I know he is promoting his new work, but good grief.
His comment made me gasp with surprise..
Old 09-26-2021, 05:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t think it indicates any plan’s afoot. Just out-of-control behavior from him to get headlines.

It made Stevie seem crazy to lather on like this for decades and now he’s doing what she always did, not realizing it’s an even less attractive look coming from him. He does not realize he can’t get away with what she did. It only backfires on him
Old 09-26-2021, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don’t think it indicates any plan’s afoot. Just out-of-control behavior from him to get headlines.

It made Stevie seem crazy to lather on like this for decades and now he’s doing what she always did, not realizing it’s an even less attractive look coming from him. He does not realize he can’t get away with what she did. It only backfires on him
You are right, it is out of control behaviour…which is so weird, coming from him.
Old 09-26-2021, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
You are right, it is out of control behaviour…which is so weird, coming from him.
I don't think he's out of control, but he's no longer being muzzled by FM's management, so he's free to speak his opinions. Whether you agree with what he's saying or not, it's kind of refreshing. Christine and Mick tried it recently, and they had to retract/refine their comments.

I've always thought neither Lindsey nor Stevie got over each other. I think their behavior over the years and most recently have proven that out. I don't think it's right to throw it back in Stevie's face that he met the love of his life in his later years, or to throw the choices she's made back at her, but let's not forget, the Queen of Contradiction has also said if she wasn't hooked on klonopin all those years, she could have gotten married/had kids.
Old 09-26-2021, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I’ve just read an article where Lindsey says…” I don’t think Stevie ever got over me”
What.!!!???
Why is he coming out with this….there is something going on behind the scenes to get the Famous Five back together.
I know he is promoting his new work, but good grief.
His comment made me gasp with surprise..
I DO think it bugs the sh*t out of her having to witness him with a loving family. $he's lonely and miserable, and hates it that he found the happiness that $he couldn't.

$he'll never get over THAT.
Old 09-26-2021, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Rihanna never spoke about the infamous Chris Brown incident until a couple of years later when she went on Oprah to promote her newest album at that time.This is what creative people always do. They wait until they have something new to promote and then air their past dirty laundry. Lindsey's main goal is to let the Fleetwood Mac fan base know he is finally releasing new music. Personally I don't see how this will help him with sales but I certainly am enjoying the soap opera effect.
Old 09-26-2021, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I dont think its out of control behavior. I think he's just being honest. Yes some of these statements make headlines but you really have a hard time wrapping your head around Stevie's behavior lately.
I thought his statement about her being jealous of his movement on stage, being able to still jump around was more inflammatory than the still in love line. Stevie herself codes this from time to time. Still writing songs about him i.e. Blue Denim into the 1990s.
Old 09-26-2021, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I dont think its out of control behavior. I think he's just being honest. Yes some of these statements make headlines but you really have a hard time wrapping your head around Stevie's behavior lately.
I thought his statement about her being jealous of his movement on stage, being able to still jump around was more inflammatory than the still in love line. Stevie herself codes this from time to time. Still writing songs about him i.e. Blue Denim into the 1990s.
or 2000s. Thrown Down. she claims he is in love with her again and wants her back in Thrown Down. he was a newly married man with 2 babies at the time. yet she got only awwwws for that, not how inappropriate that is for her to claim he's still / again in love with her.

i don't know her solo songs, and maybe there she is different, but from FM songs, other than in Silver Springs, she comes across as very guarded - she usually claims in her songs how she's the object of his love and affection, not that she loves him. as that article points out, she successfully over decades built the picture of herself being object of everyone's longing, love and desire.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-26-2021, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
or 2000s. Thrown Down. she claims he is in love with her again and wants her back in Thrown Down. he was a newly married man with 2 babies at the time. yet she got only awwwws for that, not how inappropriate that is for her to claim he's still / again in love with her.
But Lindsey’s solo album was full of songs suggesting he was in love with her too and that his son’s conception changed things. So I’m not sure why anyone would criticize Stevie for the content of her songs then, when he was casting away dreams.

I don’t think that things he is saying are necessarily untrue. But when she said them it made her sound conceited, delusional and desperate. Now it is making him sound like that, to me. Even if he is being truthful (or thinks he is) I wish he would stop. I have a double standard. I admit it. Take plastic surgery. Yes I think it looks bad on women, but I think it looks even worse on men. I judge Wayne Newton’s face more harshly then I judge Cher’s. That’s how I feel about Lindsey claiming Stevie never got over him. Looks worse when he does it. Frankly, I wish he would tell me why Ken Caillat hates his guts so much. I wouldn’t mind an interview about why KEN is so jealous of him.

I used to cringe when Stevie would say things like Don Henley bought her flowers and LB got so jealous about it.

Do I believe Stevie got mad about his movements on stage? Yes I do. I have thought it since my first SYW show. He doesn’t need to say it though. We can talk about it among ourselves.

I feel the main thing is that Lindsey thought he had as much say in the band as she did. He thought he could argue back and force compromise when she didn’t agree. It doesn’t matter whether it was a tour schedule, a double album, a track list, an EP . . . She got tired of arguing with him about it. She got tired of the negotiations. She felt that if she wanted something her way, it should happen her way, without further discussion.

When you feel that way, you should be a solo artist. However she felt that because she is the main draw in Fleetwood Mac, she should make the decisions with her manager and the band should agree. And Lindsey would not stop resisting.

Also, let’s keep in mind that Lindsey also has a bunch of things to say about Mrs. Buckingham, if you give him a chance. He’s a fruitcake.I mean, don’t get me wrong. I love fruit cake, but most people don’t.

Last edited by michelej1; 09-26-2021 at 04:42 PM..
Old 09-26-2021, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I feel the main thing is that Lindsey thought he had as much say in the band as she did. He thought he could argue back and force compromise when she didn’t agree. It doesn’t matter whether it was a tour schedule, a double album, a track list, an EP . . . She got tired of arguing with him about it. She got tired of the negotiations. She felt that if she wanted something her way, it should happen her way, without further discussion.

When you feel that way, you should be a solo artist. However she felt that because she is the main draw in Fleetwood Mac, she should make the decisions with her manager and the band should agree. And Lindsey would not stop resisting.

Also, let’s keep in mind that Lindsey also has a bunch of things to say about Mrs. Buckingham, if you give him a chance. He’s a fruitcake.I mean, don’t get me wrong. I love fruit cake, but most people don’t.
And I'll bet my left *** that her conniving old goat mind began clicking, the SECOND Christine came back. When it was just her and Lindsey, she HAD to have him in the band. Christine back, singing 7 or 8 of her hits, suddenly Lindsey was dispensable. "I can finally have MY way....F*CK HIM! I'll show him!" Thus ruining the band's legacy....

Is Lindsey a bit out there. Oh yeah.
Was he always pushing her buttons? Oh yeah.
Did he love pushing her buttons? Oh yeah.
Does he think she's a loon? Oh yeah.
Do I love him for all of the above? Oh yeah.

She's SO F*CKING ANNOYING. I LOVE him for feeling(I presume) about her, exactly the same way I do!
Old 09-26-2021, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But Lindsey’s solo album was full of songs suggesting he was in love with her too and that his son’s conception changed things. So I’m not sure why anyone would criticize Stevie for the content of her songs then, when he was casting away dreams.
see i was thinking about this when i was writing about the content of that song. but - Stevie point blank said that those lines were about him. did Lindsey ever say that Cast Away Dreams was about SN? i know 90% of fans / shippers think that, and there are several discussions here on TL where i was analyzing it completely differently from most others - and it is entirely possible that i'm oblivious to what everyone else is seeing. i'm sure we can find these analyses and discussions, and most were disagreeing with me. Cast away dreams i always understood as casting away his dreams of a solo commercial success. he was dreaming about it with Cradle, and then with original GOS. and sitting on new music hoping for some good promotion or something. by the time UTS came around he decided pushing out new music was more important than trying to make it commercially successful. you all always told me - no he was dreaming of a renewed relationship with Stevie. last time he said anything about possible renewed relationship with her was during the dance interviews, right? Cast Away Drams was written when he was married, and he talked about writing it one night and singing it over the phone to his wife, telling her she was right about something they argued about. that's not point blank saying what the song is about. like with Thrown Down "the song is about YOU!". of course the interpretation is that thrown down is about the time of the Dance, before he was married. my whole point was that she is saying HE fell for HER again, not that they both fell for each other or that SHE fell again.

i always took less romantic and more practical way to interpret their bs. soap opera is nice to sell to fans, but underneath all that is a toxic rivalry and a naked wish for fame and success. much more cynical and less pretty than romantic doomed love that somehow can never be even though they were free and around each other for decades, no?

Quote:

yes! that's what it was. he was still thinking he has a say in Mac, that it's still a democracy. that's why everyone else folded like a house of cards once she and Azoff managed to oust him. they knew what Azoff does. and she had him on her side. Stevie/Azoff joint recent statements made it completely clear, to anyone who was still confused - the 2 of them ousted Lindsey. and it's very possible that Stevie and Azoff would have Fleetwood Mac with just Stevie and bunch of other people if Mick or Christine or John tried to say no. but they should have said no anyway, instead of just "shut up and take the money." Steve here used to tell us over and over that Azoff will never get over that statement. and he was probably right.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 09-26-2021 at 08:38 PM..
Old 09-26-2021, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t know if he has explicitly said anything other than that UTS, the song, was about her. But it all sounds like it is about her anyway. That’s fine for the song.It doesn’t really matter.

He should just stop talking about her feelings in interviews. No one wants to hear a man talking about how some lonely woman is pining for him.

Do I think she was pining sometimes? Yes, I do, but he should just look at her like, “I know you want me” (as he does in the Dance dvd when she is staring at him while singing) and he doesn’t need to say anything. If he is feeling chatty, he can tell us about John McVie’s marriage. I don’t know much about John’s life and I’d appreciate the tea.
Old 09-26-2021, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default The New Misadventures of Old Christine

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Stevie/Azoff joint recent statements made it completely clear, to anyone who was still confused - the 2 of them ousted Lindsey. and it's very possible that Stevie and Azoff would have Fleetwood Mac with just Stevie and bunch of other people if Mick or Christine or John tried to say no. but they should have said no anyway, instead of just "shut up and take the money." Steve here used to tell us over and over that Azoff will never get over that statement. and he was probably right.
And for what it's worth, Lindsey was content to hold his tongue during that interview, but Christine egged him on to shy away from euphemisms; the same Christine who went on to waltz during Stevie's MusiCares acceptance oration while Lindsey merely stood on watching with presumably a wry but constrained grin.

By all rights Christine should have been fired by Azoff instead of or as well as Lindsey, the only difference being that Stevie can mother and control the relatively dependent Old Christine but can't get her way with Lindsey.
Old 09-26-2021, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He should just stop talking about her feelings in interviews. No one wants to hear a man talking about how some lonely woman is pining for him.
oh i completely agree, don't get me wrong.

just couldn't resist to put in my 0.02 on CAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
And for what it's worth, Lindsey was content to hold his tongue during that interview, but Christine egged him on to shy away from euphemisms; the same Christine who went on to waltz during Stevie's MusiCares acceptance oration while Lindsey merely stood on watching with presumably a wry but constrained grin.

By all rights Christine should have been fired by Azoff instead of or as well as Lindsey, the only difference being that Stevie can mother and control the relatively dependent Old Christine but can't get her way with Lindsey.
right??

Old 09-26-2021, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post

THIS.
Lindsey would never(until apparently, the ~now~ future) allow her control. That's why she had him fired. It's goat's way or da highway!
"I'm not the boss". Yeah bitch, you are...