The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-05-2021, 08:14 AM

If FM wanted to do a stadium date, I believe the Rumours 5 would sell NY LA and CHI in a flash. Health permitting.
Old 08-05-2021, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
Yes, I could see something like this. And with just three cities, I think they COULD sell out stadiums.

Or maybe a TV special a la The Dance? That would allow for Covid protocols to be followed more easily, give Lindsey the control he likes (overdubs and pre-records) and limit Stevie's need to be on stage with him.

Overdubs and pre- records is now a must!
Old 08-05-2021, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
"to further his recovery from an unspecified medical procedure". Hopefully it's just this tour, but at 80, how many more tours do you have in you?
Sounds like he is recovering from whatever it was well enough but not enough to be cleared to tour. And at 80, with Covid out there, that makes sense. Just really glad to hear he is in good spirits and seemingly on the mend!

As for their tour, it almost sounds like he might even be able to join them at some point toward the end. I would be shocked if they don’t do something next year - 2022 will align with their 60th anniversary and Mick and Keith are going to want to recognize that somehow and make some coin off of it.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm positive FM would have to be the opener for the Eagles. Would they eat that humble pie?

HOW can Mick be so stupid? I mean, his pic must be in the dictionary under 'idiot'. The concept of "living within your means" doesn't exist in Mick's world.
I agree. Even if it wasn’t portrayed as an opening act — they’d play first and it would technically come off that way. And that would be embarrassing. And I mean would they do something together? Some horrible mix of The Chain and Hotel California? I love both bands but just kill me if this nightmare ever even came close to truth.

Stevie having at least four of her men on stage at once. Good lord..
Old 08-05-2021, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I agree. Even if it wasn’t portrayed as an opening act — they’d play first and it would technically come off that way. And that would be embarrassing. And I mean would they do something together? Some horrible mix of The Chain and Hotel California? I love both bands but just kill me if this nightmare ever even came close to truth.

Stevie having at least four of her men on stage at once. Good lord..
Exactly. You don't go out "on top" as an opening act.

Maybe Henley could come out and duet on Sara. You know, for their baby $he......ended.
Old 08-05-2021, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I don’t want them to tour, again..they are too old and don’t need to.
But 3 mega concerts, in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles could help Micks purse and give artistic closure for the others.

It would be filmed and make more money, and hopefully shut Mick up.
For good.
yes, if they were to do it, the only really functional way for them is a few big shows or just one mega show like Glastonbury. But if I recall they wanted ridiculously large money for that in the past and the festival said nah, thanks.
Old 08-05-2021, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know that Nicks has a long history of talking out of both sides of her mouth and endless contradictions ...but this time I believe her when she says that she will not share a stage with Lindsey again. There will no future tours with the Rumours five.

Old 08-05-2021, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I know that Nicks has a long history of talking out of both sides of her mouth and endless contradictions ...but this time I believe her when she says that she will not share a stage with Lindsey again. There will no future tours with the Rumours five.
I pray that this is true. $he ruined the ending of the band. I hope $he's happy.

Old 08-05-2021, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post

I don’t see it happening due to their Ages and covid. If all this went down 10 years earlier she would be back on stage with him.
Old 08-05-2021, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
Yes, I could see something like this. And with just three cities, I think they COULD sell out stadiums.

Or maybe a TV special a la The Dance? That would allow for Covid protocols to be followed more easily, give Lindsey the control he likes (overdubs and pre-records) and limit Stevie's need to be on stage with him.
They can sell out a stadium with the current lineup. They did stadiums in London and Dublin.

So you think he'd be welcomed back as the musical director then?
Old 08-05-2021, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac Live in Zoom

"Is there even a small possibility?"

Does Stormy Stevie have a tendency to talk too much?
Does Manalishi Mick have a permanent hole in his wallet?
Does Lawsuit Lindsey have a yearning to salvage the band's narrative?
Are "Over Our Hill" John and Christine in their element on stage right regardless of the other members' antics?
Are "absolutely permanent members" Neil Finn and Mike Campbell dreaming it's over?

Yes, there is a small possibility of a final public reunion of some description.

But should there be one?
Old 08-05-2021, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
They can sell out a stadium with the current lineup. They did stadiums in London and Dublin.

So you think he'd be welcomed back as the musical director then?
You and Mitzo should become best friends.
Old 08-06-2021, 08:22 AM

Homer, do you not think the Rumours 5 could sell out stadiums?

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-06-2021 at 08:29 AM..
Old 08-06-2021, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

About health conditions, they could do show a la "The Dance", or "One Night Only", or a short tour in specific cities, it would be low risk for them.

But it's too late. The magic is not there any more, the bag is full of rocks again, and the voices are gone. I wouldn't pay an expensive ticket to watch them, I think I wouldn't go even if I win a free ticket. I don't want to hear those embarrasing voices, and if there are again those "silver springs" looks between S&L, that would be ridiculous and more embarrasing.
Old 08-06-2021, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Homer, do you not think the Rumours 5 could sell out stadiums?
Like you? said, probably the MAJOR cities, but that's it. There's a huge difference in selling out an arena, and selling out a stadium.