The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-28-2021, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was looking for something else and saw this comment from Christine from 1982. She makes it sound like it was John who wanted the divorce. I can't imagine that he ever did.

"We knew it was salvageable and the thing that just came through at the end of it all was there had to have been a hell of a lot of respect for each other and ourselves. It was just simply a question of saying this is too good to drop it, just because my old man wants to divorce me? I mean no problem you know."
Old 11-29-2021, 09:37 AM

She often speaks like that. As if to take the other point of view...(even though it's not how it happened).
Old 11-29-2021, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I’ve read the quote three times and still can’t understand what she’s saying.
Old 11-29-2021, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I’ve read the quote three times and still can’t understand what she’s saying.
It's Christine speak for, "There might have been some love left, but we knew we had to divorce even though we didn't want it.... Meaning, I just couldn't do it anymore, but I still respect him more than Stevie and Lindsey."
Old 11-29-2021, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's Christine speak for, "There might have been some love left, but we knew we had to divorce even though we didn't want it.... Meaning, I just couldn't do it anymore, but I still respect him more than Stevie and Lindsey."
It's got to be tough seeing someone completely obliterated for years on end.

And I also hear that John had a drinking problem.
Old 11-29-2021, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's got to be tough seeing someone completely obliterated for years on end.

And I also hear that John had a drinking problem.
When you think about all that poor woman had to deal with. John, Mick and Jenny, Bob on herion then, the two loons come along, one on coke and the other getting high all day with a bottle of scotch.

She decides to retire to England, comes back after 15 1/2 years AND THE SAME BULLS**** is happening!!!

Only get this Homer: IT'S WORSE THAN BEFORE!!!
Old 11-29-2021, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, sorry. I didn’t give you the full context. She was talking about Rumours (as always) and then she just threw in the part about her husband wanting to divorce her at the end.

With the band she was just saying that even though they were all breaking up they still had a lot of respect for each other and no one wanted to walk away. But I was just focused on the part about divorce. We know that Stevie switched places in Dreams as if Lindsey was the one who wanted to leave her for his freedom, but I really have not known Christine to talk about her break up with John as if he was the one leaving her.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, sorry. I didn’t give you the full context. She was talking about Rumours (as always) and then she just threw in the part about her husband wanting to divorce her at the end.

With the band she was just saying that even though they were all breaking up they still had a lot of respect for each other and no one wanted to walk away. But I was just focused on the part about divorce. We know that Stevie switched places in Dreams as if Lindsey was the one who wanted to leave her for his freedom, but I really have not known Christine to talk about her break up with John as if he was the one leaving her.
yes, she's talking about the BAND being salvageable, and the respect still there musically, and so why throw that all away just because me and my husband are splitting up (or, by extension, S&L were breaking up)
Old 11-29-2021, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Okay. There was an important context/reference that wasn’t quoted. Got it. Christine is usually clear and direct, so I was flabbergasted by how incoherent the language seemed. I thought she was trying to sound like Mick!
Old 11-29-2021, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Okay. There was an important context/reference that wasn’t quoted. Got it. Christine is usually clear and direct, so I was flabbergasted by how incoherent the language seemed. I thought she was trying to sound like Mick!
Inexplicably, she always seems to have Mick's back. Apparently her second language is also Doublespeak. Taught by her tutor of 50+ years. She should have more balls than that.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Inexplicably, she always seems to have Mick's back. Apparently her second language is also Doublespeak. Taught by her tutor of 50+ years. She should have more balls than that.
Fluent in Doublespeak—very true! She’s also often the good soldier touting the party line.

But she never talked about pacts or cycles.
Old 11-30-2021, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Fluent in Doublespeak—very true! She’s also often the good soldier touting the party line.

But she never talked about pacts or cycles.
She doesn't move in cycles, North, South, East or West only.
Old 11-30-2021, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She doesn't move in cycles, North, South, East or West only.
Girl’s got some serious freedom in her mouth.
Old 12-01-2021, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Girl’s got some serious freedom in her mouth.
That's the worst lyric ever. It's right up there with $tevie's Preparation H line, "my walls are flaming".
Old 12-01-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
That's the worst lyric ever. It's right up there with $tevie's Preparation H line, "my walls are flaming".
wattttsmatta baby!!!!BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY