The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 11-28-2021, 08:04 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,815
Default

I was looking for something else and saw this comment from Christine from 1982. She makes it sound like it was John who wanted the divorce. I can't imagine that he ever did.

"We knew it was salvageable and the thing that just came through at the end of it all was there had to have been a hell of a lot of respect for each other and ourselves. It was just simply a question of saying this is too good to drop it, just because my old man wants to divorce me? I mean no problem you know."
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-29-2021, 09:37 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,609
Default

She often speaks like that. As if to take the other point of view...(even though it's not how it happened).
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-29-2021, 11:11 AM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,793
Default

I’ve read the quote three times and still can’t understand what she’s saying.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-29-2021, 01:36 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I’ve read the quote three times and still can’t understand what she’s saying.
It's Christine speak for, "There might have been some love left, but we knew we had to divorce even though we didn't want it.... Meaning, I just couldn't do it anymore, but I still respect him more than Stevie and Lindsey."
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-29-2021, 01:43 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's Christine speak for, "There might have been some love left, but we knew we had to divorce even though we didn't want it.... Meaning, I just couldn't do it anymore, but I still respect him more than Stevie and Lindsey."
It's got to be tough seeing someone completely obliterated for years on end.

And I also hear that John had a drinking problem.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-29-2021, 04:25 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's got to be tough seeing someone completely obliterated for years on end.

And I also hear that John had a drinking problem.
When you think about all that poor woman had to deal with. John, Mick and Jenny, Bob on herion then, the two loons come along, one on coke and the other getting high all day with a bottle of scotch.

She decides to retire to England, comes back after 15 1/2 years AND THE SAME BULLS**** is happening!!!

Only get this Homer: IT'S WORSE THAN BEFORE!!!
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-29-2021, 07:44 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's Christine speak for, "There might have been some love left, but we knew we had to divorce even though we didn't want it.... Meaning, I just couldn't do it anymore, but I still respect him more than Stevie and Lindsey."
Well, sorry. I didn’t give you the full context. She was talking about Rumours (as always) and then she just threw in the part about her husband wanting to divorce her at the end.

With the band she was just saying that even though they were all breaking up they still had a lot of respect for each other and no one wanted to walk away. But I was just focused on the part about divorce. We know that Stevie switched places in Dreams as if Lindsey was the one who wanted to leave her for his freedom, but I really have not known Christine to talk about her break up with John as if he was the one leaving her.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-29-2021, 07:56 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, sorry. I didn’t give you the full context. She was talking about Rumours (as always) and then she just threw in the part about her husband wanting to divorce her at the end.

With the band she was just saying that even though they were all breaking up they still had a lot of respect for each other and no one wanted to walk away. But I was just focused on the part about divorce. We know that Stevie switched places in Dreams as if Lindsey was the one who wanted to leave her for his freedom, but I really have not known Christine to talk about her break up with John as if he was the one leaving her.
yes, she's talking about the BAND being salvageable, and the respect still there musically, and so why throw that all away just because me and my husband are splitting up (or, by extension, S&L were breaking up)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-29-2021, 11:35 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, sorry. I didn’t give you the full context. She was talking about Rumours (as always) and then she just threw in the part about her husband wanting to divorce her at the end.

With the band she was just saying that even though they were all breaking up they still had a lot of respect for each other and no one wanted to walk away. But I was just focused on the part about divorce. We know that Stevie switched places in Dreams as if Lindsey was the one who wanted to leave her for his freedom, but I really have not known Christine to talk about her break up with John as if he was the one leaving her.
Okay. There was an important context/reference that wasn’t quoted. Got it. Christine is usually clear and direct, so I was flabbergasted by how incoherent the language seemed. I thought she was trying to sound like Mick!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-29-2021, 11:51 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Okay. There was an important context/reference that wasn’t quoted. Got it. Christine is usually clear and direct, so I was flabbergasted by how incoherent the language seemed. I thought she was trying to sound like Mick!
Inexplicably, she always seems to have Mick's back. Apparently her second language is also Doublespeak. Taught by her tutor of 50+ years. She should have more balls than that.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-30-2021, 07:48 AM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Inexplicably, she always seems to have Mick's back. Apparently her second language is also Doublespeak. Taught by her tutor of 50+ years. She should have more balls than that.
Fluent in Doublespeak—very true! She’s also often the good soldier touting the party line.

But she never talked about pacts or cycles.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-30-2021, 02:07 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Fluent in Doublespeak—very true! She’s also often the good soldier touting the party line.

But she never talked about pacts or cycles.
She doesn't move in cycles, North, South, East or West only.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-30-2021, 10:25 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She doesn't move in cycles, North, South, East or West only.
Girl’s got some serious freedom in her mouth.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-01-2021, 12:31 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Girl’s got some serious freedom in her mouth.
That's the worst lyric ever. It's right up there with $tevie's Preparation H line, "my walls are flaming".
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-01-2021, 08:19 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That's the worst lyric ever. It's right up there with $tevie's Preparation H line, "my walls are flaming".
wattttsmatta baby!!!!BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


CHRISTINE McVIE LP self titled  1984 Warner Brothers Fleetwood Mac  vinyl picture

CHRISTINE McVIE LP self titled 1984 Warner Brothers Fleetwood Mac vinyl

$8.99



Christine McVie Self Titled Vinyl Record LP picture

Christine McVie Self Titled Vinyl Record LP

$6.76



CHRISTINE McVIE The Legendary Christine Perfect Album LP Records 1976 Sire VG+ picture

CHRISTINE McVIE The Legendary Christine Perfect Album LP Records 1976 Sire VG+

$7.99



Lindsey Buckingham / Christine McVie • 12

Lindsey Buckingham / Christine McVie • 12" VINYL RECORD LP 2017 Warner •• NEW ••

$22.98



CHRISTINE MCVIE - (SELF-TITLED) - 1984 WARNER BROTHERS VINYL RECORD - (VG+/VG+) picture

CHRISTINE MCVIE - (SELF-TITLED) - 1984 WARNER BROTHERS VINYL RECORD - (VG+/VG+)

$9.40




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved