Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-03-2021, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I would love a tribute concert for Bob Welch, but I don’t think Christine would participate, which would be really unfortunate since she was such an important part of that lineup. Hearing Neil sing Hypnotized and Sentimental Lady would be great!

When I saw FM for their last tour, I was blown away. It really was a fantastic show. Christine really surprised me with her stage presence and rapport with Mike and Stevie. It made for a different kind of FM experience, that’s for sure. Black Magic Woman was pretty impressive for me, maybe seeing Stevie sing it live was different than watching it on YouTube? I mean, I recognized that Gypsy sounded awful, but BMW was great. Maybe because I was subconsciously comparing the Gypsy version from that tour with earlier versions, when she had a great voice. Whereas with BMW, there was nothing to compare it with because it was new hearing Stevie sing it.
I think you were hypnotized by the black magic woman
Old 11-03-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I would love a tribute concert for Bob Welch, but I don’t think Christine would participate, which would be really unfortunate since she was such an important part of that lineup. Hearing Neil sing Hypnotized and Sentimental Lady would be great!

When I saw FM for their last tour, I was blown away. It really was a fantastic show. Christine really surprised me with her stage presence and rapport with Mike and Stevie. It made for a different kind of FM experience, that’s for sure. Black Magic Woman was pretty impressive for me, maybe seeing Stevie sing it live was different than watching it on YouTube? I mean, I recognized that Gypsy sounded awful, but BMW was great. Maybe because I was subconsciously comparing the Gypsy version from that tour with earlier versions, when she had a great voice. Whereas with BMW, there was nothing to compare it with because it was new hearing Stevie sing it.
I saw BMW live and on YOUTUBE and thought both were atrocious. Gypsy was really really bad, too.

I too would love a Welch tribute. I think Christine would participate. She's become quite the yes lady since recent events

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 11-03-2021 at 01:16 PM..
Old 11-03-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I think you were hypnotized by the black magic woman
I think you were Sugared by a Black Magic Daddy.
Old 11-03-2021, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think you were Sugared by a Black Magic Daddy.
If I get a little hungry, he can give me all I can eat
Old 11-03-2021, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
If I get a little hungry, he can give me all I can eat
I do like my whiskey served neat... God! Christine is hilarious and genius sometimes.
Old 11-09-2021, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I too would love a Welch tribute. I think Christine would participate. She's become quite the yes lady since recent events
I guess you forgot how Christine barred Mick from inviting Bob Welch to the FM induction into the R&R Hall of Fame.
Old 11-10-2021, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I guess you forgot how Christine barred Mick from inviting Bob Welch to the FM induction into the R&R Hall of Fame.
Which was the beginning of me pulling her application I'd submitted for her, nominating her for "The Greatest Woman That Ever Lived".

Then not standing up for Lindsey, when the goat got him fired...She's either spineless, or heartless. Or just doesn't GAF.
Old 11-10-2021, 06:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Which was the beginning of me pulling her application I'd submitted for her, nominating her for "The Greatest Woman That Ever Lived".

Then not standing up for Lindsey, when the goat got him fired...She's either spineless, or heartless. Or just doesn't GAF.
She has and will always yield to Oh Mack Daddy. Even when he was going bankrupt she paid his bills for a month.
Old 11-10-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

Blame it on my... blame it on my.... blame it on my wild goat...
Old 11-10-2021, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Blame it on my... blame it on my.... blame it on my wild goat...
An oldie but a goatee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGBqB_k84Ms

WHO can listen to that and not smile?