User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-02-2021, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
And the new song she did write was atrocious. The lyrics were embarrassing on so many levels. And in my opinion, it's a peek at just how much of a loon she is. But hey, I'm glad MLK wanted her to perform for her. That really struck my muse like no other. Was it 1960 or 1963?
Or that her performing "a song would set them free"
What in the actual eff?!

I dont recall Chris harmonizing in Find Your Way Home. I think she had her own part singing "Find Your Way", no?
Stevie and Neal harmonized
Old 11-02-2021, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
people used to think it's because she has a problem with Lindsey. well it's been over 3 years now with no Lindsey "hurdle" and the band still has no new music to offer.
Except for the one song that has everyone but Mick and John, which means she’s more open to recording with Neil.

Quote:
where the problem with no new FM music is coming from should be finally clear now to anyone who was still wondering.
I didn’t think there was a doubt. There was the whole LBCM album as well as Campbell’s comments in the press.

However, I’m no longer convinced it’s just Stevie at this point. I think John has a part in it, now, too. There was an interview with Mick where it was implied that John didn’t do the Pete tribute because it didn’t pay enough for him. Maybe that’s also why he didn’t do the LBCM tour or Neil’s song. Maybe he’s just done and wants to be on his sailboat. I don’t know, but it’s just the vibe I’ve gotten recently.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-02-2021, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

I dont recall Chris harmonizing in Find Your Way Home. I think she had her own part singing "Find Your Way", no?
Stevie and Neal harmonized
She's in there. I listened with head phones. She's doing the ohhhhhh's and ahhhhh'ssss and echoing the lead vocal at times. The packaging also says featuring Christine McVie.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 11-02-2021 at 11:53 AM..
Old 11-02-2021, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She's in there. I listened with head phones. She's doing the ohhhhhh's and ahhhhh'ssss and echoing the lead vocal at times. The packaging also says featuring Christine McVie.
Thank you! I know Neil had another bg vocalist on there too according to the credits. I love Chris' "Find Your Way"s. So eerie but sweet.

Stevie actually sent her vocals to Neil. Neil said it took a while for her to respond.
Old 11-02-2021, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think John has a part in it, now, too. There was an interview with Mick where it was implied that John didn’t do the Pete tribute because it didn’t pay enough for him. Maybe that’s also why he didn’t do the LBCM tour or Neil’s song. Maybe he’s just done and wants to be on his sailboat. I don’t know, but it’s just the vibe I’ve gotten recently.
I think he's just old and tired. I don't blame him. I'd take my truckload of money, spend the rest of my days on my boat, and tell them all to kiss it.
Old 11-02-2021, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think he's just old and tired. I don't blame him. I'd take my truckload of money, spend the rest of my days on my boat, and tell them all to kiss it.
Has he ever really wanted to record? It's a pop song, here's my bass, now leave me alone. He's not a writer, so I see his point.
Old 11-02-2021, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
However, I’m no longer convinced it’s just Stevie at this point. I think John has a part in it, now, too. There was an interview with Mick where it was implied that John didn’t do the Pete tribute because it didn’t pay enough for him. Maybe that’s also why he didn’t do the LBCM tour or Neil’s song. Maybe he’s just done and wants to be on his sailboat. I don’t know, but it’s just the vibe I’ve gotten recently.
I would say John and Michael didn’t tour with Lindsey and Christine for their album because they weren’t invited. Less money to split up, because the tour was on such a smaller scale than a FM tour.

I remember Mick’s comment about why John didn’t participate in the Peter Green tribute concert, and I suspect maybe it wasn’t money so much as maybe John didn’t have any interest. Like he had no… I don’t want to say loyalty, because that sounds harsh, but whereas Mick has always been generous about Peter’s legacy in FM, I’ve never had the impression John felt the same way. I was shocked when I saw John wasn’t participating in the concert, because I figured he and Peter must have been friends, but that’s not necessarily true. Very classy of Christine and Rick to be there, and Rick did an incredible job!
Old 11-02-2021, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I would say John and Michael didn’t tour with Lindsey and Christine for their album because they weren’t invited. Less money to split up, because the tour was on such a smaller scale than a FM tour.
I think it was so to separate it from Fleetwood Mac and out of respect to Stevie.
Old 11-02-2021, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it was so to separate it from Fleetwood Mac and out of respect to Stevie.
I don't think they respect her. AT ALL. They tolerate her, because $he's the A$$ who puts the A$$E$ in the $eats.
Old 11-02-2021, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I don't think they respect her. AT ALL. They tolerate her, because $he's the A$$ who puts the A$$E$ in the $eats.
The fact that Stevie wasn't at Peter Green tribute given she sang his song every night from 2018-2019 might make your statement ring true.

Steven Tyler was there and he sang so it's not like it was musicians only.

And when Peter passed, Stevie wrote how she always tried to perform on stage with him.
Old 11-02-2021, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And when Peter passed, Stevie wrote how she always tried to perform on stage with him.
That's because $he's a liar. $he spews her crap, and expects her lesions of fans to suck it up and believe it.
Old 11-02-2021, 07:15 PM

John doesn't care enough to rehearse, travel and perform to be part of another production that takes more of his energy.

Goat has no business singing any Peter Green song ever. Her version of BMW was like a hissing cat.

Christine had an opportunity to guest and have an activity to something which she was part of and came from. In her 70's, she's done 2 Major tours, a BuckVie album and tour, and Mick's Tribute to Peter. Good on her. Hopefully, she's worked on something for herself. Here's hoping.

Mick put together, in my opinion, an excellent set of musicians. The performances I saw where really good. I wish he'd pay that much respect to Welch. "Ain't gonna happen."
Old 11-02-2021, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
John doesn't care enough to rehearse, travel and perform to be part of another production that takes more of his energy.
Plus, I think Pete kind of smarted off to him in later years, which, in addition to what you said, probably made it even less desirable for him.

Quote:
Goat has no business singing any Peter Green song ever. Her version of BMW was like a hissing cat.
Still better than Clapton. Especially with Christine and Mike playing off each other. It felt like a Bare Trees era live bootleg.

Quote:
Christine had an opportunity to guest and have an activity to something which she was part of and came from. In her 70's, she's done 2 Major tours, a BuckVie album and tour, and Mick's Tribute to Peter. Good on her. Hopefully, she's worked on something for herself. Here's hoping.
It made me wish she would have been doing that since she came back. Not just reclaiming her spot in the Rumours band, but also reminding everyone she was part of the original band in some way, too.

Quote:
Mick put together, in my opinion, an excellent set of musicians. The performances I saw where really good. I wish he'd pay that much respect to Welch. "Ain't gonna happen."
Well, the there’d only be few hundred of us at the Roxy and the only people who’d do it outside of Fleetwood Mac or his solo band are Ann Wilson and Sammy Hagar.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-03-2021, 08:33 AM

Maybe we have slightly different taste, (I know we like a lot of the same things.) But, Clapton wasn't nasal, didn't sound forced, had some nifty ac. guitar work, fantastic keys, and a cool outro!

I will give the FM band an excellent review in 2018/2019. They band jammed it. Mike did a fantastic job and inspired Christine. But IMO goat ruined that song with her ehhhhhhhhhhh nasal tone quality.

As for Bob Welch, I supposed you're right. But with good marketing, and the right guest stars, a one off could make that a cool novelty. It's all about packaging these days. Plus, we could finally meet.
Old 11-03-2021, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe we have slightly different taste, (I know we like a lot of the same things.) But, Clapton wasn't nasal, didn't sound forced, had some nifty ac. guitar work, fantastic keys, and a cool outro!

I will give the FM band an excellent review in 2018/2019. They band jammed it. Mike did a fantastic job and inspired Christine. But IMO goat ruined that song with her ehhhhhhhhhhh nasal tone quality.

As for Bob Welch, I supposed you're right. But with good marketing, and the right guest stars, a one off could make that a cool novelty. It's all about packaging these days. Plus, we could finally meet.
I would love a tribute concert for Bob Welch, but I don’t think Christine would participate, which would be really unfortunate since she was such an important part of that lineup. Hearing Neil sing Hypnotized and Sentimental Lady would be great!

When I saw FM for their last tour, I was blown away. It really was a fantastic show. Christine really surprised me with her stage presence and rapport with Mike and Stevie. It made for a different kind of FM experience, that’s for sure. Black Magic Woman was pretty impressive for me, maybe seeing Stevie sing it live was different than watching it on YouTube? I mean, I recognized that Gypsy sounded awful, but BMW was great. Maybe because I was subconsciously comparing the Gypsy version from that tour with earlier versions, when she had a great voice. Whereas with BMW, there was nothing to compare it with because it was new hearing Stevie sing it.