Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Ray Lindsey just wrote this, about Peter recording on Brown Eyes.
------------
Ray Lindsey - I was in the studio with Mick and Christine the night Peter recorded this. He had randomly appeared to hang out and listen to some new music. LB was not there and Mick told me to get a guitar out for Mr. Green. I selected a 59 Les Paul and ran it through an old tweed Bassman. I knew this was a winning combination and got Peter to start playing. While Mick, Peter and lucky me jammed, Christine had the boys put her track up. Twenty minutes later Chris coaxed Greenie into the control room. We dialed in some God worthy reverb and Peter played for half an hour to “Brown Eyes” blasting through the control room monitors. Every note was recorded but only the tag at the end made to the final mix.
Rest well Pete. It was a hard road but damn you were good.

That's such a great story!
Old 07-25-2020, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The man who started it all. Thank you Peter. You will be missed, but you earned your rest. Rest In Peace.
Old 07-26-2020, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
------------
Ray Lindsey - I was in the studio with Mick and Christine the night Peter recorded this. He had randomly appeared to hang out and listen to some new music. LB was not there and Mick told me to get a guitar out for Mr. Green. I selected a 59 Les Paul and ran it through an old tweed Bassman. I knew this was a winning combination and got Peter to start playing. While Mick, Peter and lucky me jammed, Christine had the boys put her track up. Twenty minutes later Chris coaxed Greenie into the control room. We dialed in some God worthy reverb and Peter played for half an hour to “Brown Eyes” blasting through the control room monitors. Every note was recorded but only the tag at the end made to the final mix.
Well played, Ray. Well played.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-26-2020, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
------------
thank you for sharing this. love having Ray in Real Savage Like, and his tidbits are always so interesting.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-26-2020, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
------------
Every note was recorded. I hope all 30 minutes were saved and exist somewhere today.

74? I did not know his age.
Old 07-26-2020, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Every note was recorded. I hope all 30 minutes were saved and exist somewhere today..
I always hoped that Peter might one day have made made another contribution to another Mac song after Brown Eyes although admittedly it's hard to think of one quite as bluesy that it might have worked on. Those couple of dozen notes that did make the final album cut had an ethereal, magical quality that resolved the song in a perfect moment. Having the fuller version in the last Tusk re-issue was a real pleasure...

I was at Peter's London gig in 1996. There was still a spark there and some guitar licks that touched the soul. A memory to treasure.
Old 07-26-2020, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

terribly sad news. I got to know his music and guitar playing when I became a fan in 1976. Listening and collecting Fleetwood Mac memoriblia you got to listen to the old Mac sound. He was a genius. His music and guitar playing and his voice was so beautiful. It is so sad what his life became. I hope he was happy and productive. It's a shame the world didn't become aware of his greatness. He was so humble. We can all hope to go in our sleep like he did. RIP Green God.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 07-26-2020, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://bigozine2.com/roio/?p=2849
Old 07-28-2020, 05:15 PM
Ledgie

Default Peter Green

So very sad.....listened today to 'The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac '2002 and- not for the first time- was struck by the almost mystical guitar 'thread' that resonates through the collection, even though they are from very different incarnations and styles of music.
The last time I saw Peter in concert was that same year, 2002 on the double bill with John Mayall. I still have mixed feelings about the whole Splinter Group/ Nigel Watson thing: while it was great to see Peter on stage, he was actually playing very little and subsequent reports/events have certainly called into question Watson's motives.
I happened to be staying in the same hotel as both bands, and we all checked out together the next morning.It was some time before they were leaving and my abiding memory as we left ,was seeing the solitary figure of Peter strolling up the street in front of us:thankfully, nobody bothered him - I'm sure he was not even recognized- as he strolled and took in the sights around him. He was almost like a child, with no worries or pressures. Yes, there was something sad about it as well.....but the main thing was that he appeared to be content,and, by all accounts , his final years brought him some of the peace of mind that he so richly deserved.
Old 08-01-2020, 04:22 PM
Ledgie

Just to check: does anyone know if: E. Clapton, Page, Mick Taylor, Keith Richards, have officially declared something, or nothing at all?
Old 08-10-2020, 04:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I assume the funeral took place. I cant find any information about it or who attended. Anyone have any news on this?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 08-11-2020, 08:18 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Eh, I did that. He didn’t appreciate it.
Sorry you had that experience. Giving people praise can be a slippery slope.