The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-28-2022, 06:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

It appears that most if not all of Roy Cooper's percussion parts on "The Challenge" and "Ask Anybody" have been replaced. "The Challenge" lacks the cowbell on the choruses and features different tambourines while "Ask Anybody" has an entirely different percussion arrangement with new drums. I prefer Mick Fleetwood's drumming on the original "Ask Anybody", but I appreciate that at least some work was put into remixing a few songs.

Last edited by WalkAThinLine.; 06-28-2022 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: Clarification
Old 06-28-2022, 07:41 AM

I too get mad about that echo!! It's always in my brain NO MATTER WHAT!! HAHA
Old 06-28-2022, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I too get mad about that echo!! It's always in my brain NO MATTER WHAT!! HAHA
I also love the echo on the live version of The Smile I Live For. I have the Jackson NJ show on CD and its one of my prized possessions. Simple but profound use of basic technology. One of the reasons Chris's 1984 album holds up is because its not using the trendy 80s schtick. No. No. No. There's no Sister Honey here.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-28-2022 at 07:55 AM..
Old 06-28-2022, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I also love the echo on the live version of The Smile I Live For. I have the Jackson NJ show on CD and its one of my prized possessions. Simple but profound use of basic technology. One of the reasons Chris's 1984 album holds up is because its not using the trendy 80s schtick. No. No. No. There's no Sister Honey here.
Have I heard the Jackson show? Or, is this your private collection?
Old 06-28-2022, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Have I heard the Jackson show? Or, is this your private collection?
Its a (semi) professionally recorded concert that made it to bootleg. It was frequently sold on Ebay in the 2000's but have not seen it lately. Its a CD. Very similar how you can buy the Bob Welch and friends concert on CD. It was not sold that way but someone made it into a CD. One of the best Songbird dedications ever. Its also shows Christine's sense of humor because she is playing Great Adventure amusement park and she teases them she knows that is not the name of the town because she's "really smart."
She dedicates Songbird to the families and town of the horrific dark ride fire that killed 8 teenagers just days before she played there.

Here is a link to the tragedy she dedicates Songbird to at the park

https://www.qchron.com/editions/quee...0c44f604f.html

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-28-2022 at 09:51 AM..
Old 06-28-2022, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Its a (semi) professionally recorded concert that made it to bootleg. It was frequently sold on Ebay in the 2000's but have not seen it lately. Its a CD. Very similar how you can buy the Bob Welch and friends concert on CD. It was not sold that way but someone made it into a CD. One of the best Songbird dedications ever. Its also shows Christine's sense of humor because she is playing Great Adventure amusement park and she teases them she knows that is not the name of the town because she's "really smart."
She dedicates Songbird to the families and town of the horrific dark ride fire that killed 8 teenagers just days before she played there.

Here is a link to the tragedy she dedicates Songbird to at the park

https://www.qchron.com/editions/quee...0c44f604f.html
I remember you telling that story. I most likely have heard the show. I know I've had the Chicago show at one point.
Old 06-28-2022, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I remember you telling that story. I most likely have heard the show. I know I've had the Chicago show at one point.
I’ve heard that show. Christine and her band sound terrific there. Her voice was in top form that night.

Re: SONGBIRD (the collection, not the song) I suppose I’m glad to have the two “new songs” and that’s more than I expected, if not hoped for.

But, ugh, the way Johns sucks the reverb out of the vocal part for “Giving It Back”—yuckage
Old 06-29-2022, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I’ve heard that show. Christine and her band sound terrific there. Her voice was in top form that night.

Re: SONGBIRD (the collection, not the song) I suppose I’m glad to have the two “new songs” and that’s more than I expected, if not hoped for.

But, ugh, the way Johns sucks the reverb out of the vocal part for “Giving It Back”—yuckage
I'll go back and have a better judgy ear. I've just been so happy to see her release new stuff. I'm biased.
Old 06-29-2022, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'll go back and have a better judgy ear. I've just been so happy to see her release new stuff. I'm biased.
I get it. It’s like she wore an odd dress to a party—but at least she was at the party.
Old 06-29-2022, 09:14 AM

Quote:
I get it. It’s like she wore an odd dress to a party—but at least she was at the party.
It's like wearing a shawl that's black, pleated, wrinkled and makes you look homeless, while the other lady in the band looks slim, neat, and elegant. Plus, the other lady isn't wearing carpel tunnel gloves.
And.. .and... and... the one lady with the shawl tells the thin lady she needs to work out. And.. and... and... That lady tells the whole world that she told the other lady that she needs to work out.
Old 06-29-2022, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's like wearing a shawl that's black, pleated, wrinkled and makes you look homeless, while the other lady in the band looks slim, neat, and elegant. Plus, the other lady isn't wearing carpel tunnel gloves.
And.. .and... and... the one lady with the shawl tells the thin lady she needs to work out. And.. and... and... That lady tells the whole world that she told the other lady that she needs to work out.
And the two women had a pact…
Old 06-29-2022, 10:43 AM

Quote:
And the two women had a pact…
A pact that only one of said ladies can confirm.
Old 06-29-2022, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A pact that only one of said ladies can confirm.
A pact much like a crystal vision
Old 06-29-2022, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A pact much like a crystal vision
Those were beer goggles.
Old 06-30-2022, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Those were beer goggles.
Coke goggles.