User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-08-2022, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think you’re exactly right about Lindsey not using the Dance to resurrect his solo career. It doesn’t seem like he’s ever been so focused on being popular. Money, definitely, but also I know he’s spoken about the importance of FM’s legacy in the past, and that may have been a big factor in his decision, too. If I recall, FM had been nominated for the RRHOF twice before, but it wasn’t until the Dance came out that they made it in. That was not a coincidence. I think up until the Dance aired on MTV, it could have gone either way- the special could have been not well received and been their last gig, or it could have been well received and led to a resurgence. Fortunately, it was the latter.

I’m curious which video you’re referring to from the BTM era. I believe Stevie wanted to work with him, I just don’t recall a video or interview where she said that. I know people have said she’s always wanted him out of the band, but the evidence doesn’t support that idea at all. By all accounts, she begged him not to leave in 1987; Billy Burnette said Stevie was the one who asked Lindsey to play at the inauguration (and for Billy to step back); and she’d complained for years that she would call him for advice about a song and he wouldn’t respond, at least until Twisted. That doesn’t sound like someone who wanted him out of the band.
Lindsey showed up at the end of two of the final BTM concerts. I believe it was during her introduction to Landslide on one of the nights that Lindsey was there that Stevie said she hoped that he would find it in his heart to work with her again.
Old 01-08-2022, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, I just looked at my tape and what she actually said was that she hoped that someday “he’ll find it in his heart to spend some time with me and maybe make some music.”

But in 1990 that was not the only time she said she wanted to work with him. She told an interviewer that she called him on the phone and asked him to work on a couple of songs with her and he would not take the call. She said that in June. I always theorized that when Lindsey’s brother died in November, 1990 that the band probably reached out to him and that’s why they were on friendly enough terms for him to show up at the last BTM concerts later that year.

By the way, I read a Greg Buckingham interview and he was so modest and made it seem like winning a medal was just a fluke. Our guy is not that modest.
Old 01-09-2022, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh, I just looked at my tape and what she actually said was that she hoped that someday “he’ll find it in his heart to spend some time with me and maybe make some music.”

But in 1990 that was not the only time she said she wanted to work with him. She told an interviewer that she called him on the phone and asked him to work on a couple of songs with her and he would not take the call. She said that in June.
In other words, he gave her radio silence. My, how the tables have turned.
Old 01-09-2022, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
In other words, he gave her radio silence. My, how the tables have turned.
But I think that if she had suffered a heart attack, he would have taken the call. Actually, he would have made a call. And he did attend Mick’s wedding. Even then, he did not treat them, as he has been treated.
Old 01-09-2022, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But I think that if she had suffered a heart attack, he would have taken the call. Actually, he would have made a call. And he did attend Mick’s wedding. Even then, he did not treat them, as he has been treated.
Do you think her note to him after the heart attack said "Love, Stevie"?

It sounds like it was a Get Well card from the band.
Old 01-09-2022, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, this is true. He walked away from the people he truly cared about because he could not stand to watch them depreciate their lives any longer with drug abuse. And with Stevie since admitting she was still addicted in 1994 it's no surprise he didn't want to take her call until he learned that she had truly gotten help for her issues.
My other comment was off base really and I'm sorry for saying that. I just don't like reading multiple comments from members continuing to pound on Stevie, whether they feel she deserves ultimate punishment for her sins or not.
Old 01-09-2022, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Do you think her note to him after the heart attack said "Love, Stevie"?

It sounds like it was a Get Well card from the band.
You know she said that being an ex she said more in her card. Maybe she ended it with TTYL.
Old 01-12-2022, 10:10 AM

Quote:
You know she said that being an ex she said more in her card. Maybe she ended it with TTYL.
Or, Thrown Down with the tense changes still in there.
Old 01-12-2022, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Or, Thrown Down with the tense changes still in there.
Would you say that to Blob Dylan?
Old 01-15-2022, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi! Happy New Year for everyone!!
A good deluxe version of The Dance would be really good, but I don't think it would include other songs like The Farmer's Daughter or Oh Daddy...I think it would have the "entire" concert (that released in 1997), both on CD and DVD/BlueRay, not with other songs, but maybe with a multicamera or something like that!
BTW, it's sad to know that probably the entire show, or a big part of it was recorded before and then performed...it's disappointing! But everytime I hear some of the songs, I remember good times learning to play them. My favs are The Chain, Everywhere, I'm So Afraid -one of the best guitar solos ever-, Gypsy, Over My Head, Tusk, Silver Springs and Sweet Girl.

On the other hand, maybe we deserve a good Mirage Tour concert, but I go with a good Tusk Tour one. Except for the documentary, I need a truly concert, a full one with those wonderful songs they performed between 1979 and 1980. Please! I still don't understand why the last deluxe edition didn't include it!!!
Old 01-16-2022, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
but I go with a good Tusk Tour one. Except for the documentary, I need a truly concert, a full one with those wonderful songs they performed between 1979 and 1980. Please! I still don't understand why the last deluxe edition didn't include it!!!:
(
This is total thread hijak but I have no use whatsoever for a Dance Deluxe. I never even bought the original. At that point I was already fed up with the same ole same ole from this band. But I am in full agreement on wanting some great Tusk Tour shows. Somebody out there has access to those tapes and I need to hear them. And I mean all of them on that entire tour. My whole FM existence begins and ends with the Live Rhiannon's and her best ones ever came on the latter half of the Tusk Tour, preferably in May & June of 1980. Of the three that I have from that time period, they are amongst my all time faves. Rotterdam, London and Chicago. I know there has got to be more. The one they released from Tuscon recorded in late August 1980 is right up there with these three I mentioned.
Old 01-16-2022, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
This is total thread hijak but I have no use whatsoever for a Dance Deluxe. I never even bought the original. At that point I was already fed up with the same ole same ole from this band. But I am in full agreement on wanting some great Tusk Tour shows. Somebody out there has access to those tapes and I need to hear them. And I mean all of them on that entire tour. My whole FM existence begins and ends with the Live Rhiannon's and her best ones ever came on the latter half of the Tusk Tour, preferably in May & June of 1980. Of the three that I have from that time period, they are amongst my all time faves. Rotterdam, London and Chicago. I know there has got to be more. The one they released from Tuscon recorded in late August 1980 is right up there with these three I mentioned.
I know how you feel. I did buy the Dance and camped out for tickets. But I felt odd not being more excited. I found their performance stale since I saw it on MTV so many times. It was the same exact show with the same words to the audience. The Dance was exciting because Lindsey was back. Stevie was back and they were performing live again. Silver Springs finally got the attention that it deserved. I swear I almost felt how Chris looked. A bit bored
I too would not really have interest in the Dance extended. I actually felt guilty leaving the Dance concert. I waited my entire life to see Lindsey and the band together live and I remember thinking the Farewell concert in 1990 was a better production. Strange.
Old 01-16-2022, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I know how you feel. I did buy the Dance and camped out for tickets. But I felt odd not being more excited. I found their performance stale since I saw it on MTV so many times. It was the same exact show with the same words to the audience. The Dance was exciting because Lindsey was back. Stevie was back and they were performing live again. Silver Springs finally got the attention that it deserved. I swear I almost felt how Chris looked. A bit bored
I too would not really have interest in the Dance extended. I actually felt guilty leaving the Dance concert. I waited my entire life to see Lindsey and the band together live and I remember thinking the Farewell concert in 1990 was a better production. Strange.
The BTM show in Cleveland blew the socks off The Dance Cleveland. Christine and Rick carried that show and it blew me away.
Old 01-20-2022, 12:58 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I don't like that version of The Chain.
... it's my favorite version

I agree with you about Silver Springs and Songbird. Really love So Afraid, Everywhere and GYOW too.
Old 01-20-2022, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
... it's my favorite version

I agree with you about Silver Springs and Songbird. Really love So Afraid, Everywhere and GYOW too.
My favorite is Mirage 1982 Forum. Love both nights, actually.