Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine McVie biography!!!

Let's hope it's true!!!!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Perfect-Int...w43DAAhK-sIXHI
Attached Images
File Type: jpg christine.jpg (62.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-06-2023, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Let’s hope it isn’t half-assed with loads of quotes from Stevie about pacts and the like. It better be balanced and accurate. Wonder if the Martin Birch affair will be mentioned.
Old 12-06-2023, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's probably just another pieced together bunch of sh*t that we already know.
Old 12-06-2023, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The author is a british journalist and broadcaster who spent more than 20 years as a national newspaper journalist. I read she has toured with several stars, but it would be good if any (british) ledgie who know her comment how serious or reliable are her works.

More than the usual info about the Rumours sessions, the 70s tours, it would be could to know about her solo works, the 80s and 90s, etc.

Last edited by Villavic; 12-06-2023 at 05:47 PM..
Old 12-06-2023, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
The author is a british journalist and broadcaster who spent more than 20 years as a national newspaper journalist. I read she has toured with several stars, but it would be good if any (british) ledgie who know her comment how serious or reliable are her works.

More than the usual info about the Rumours sessions, the 70s tours, it would be could to know about her solo works, the 80s and 90s, etc.
I think after chris passed away this woman wrote a brief article about her relationship with her...they were friends but i don't know how close.

--Lis
Old 12-06-2023, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Definitely going to check it out. Here’s an interview from just after Christine passed.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...sley-ann-jones

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-07-2023, 02:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Christine dumped her bassist husband John McVie for a short-lived relationship with the band’s lighting director Curry Grant before falling for Dennis. Of the 10 tracks on the timeless Rumours, one of the best-selling in music history, Christine wrote and sang four of them in her bluesy, soulful voice, including Songbird – the tune Mick Fleetwood wants played at his funeral – Say You Love Me and You Make Loving Fun.
I imagine it would be an entertaining read, but not sure what to expect in terms of accuracy when she's reporting here that one of Chris' tracks on Rumours was Say You Love Me.
Old 12-07-2023, 02:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I imagine it would be an entertaining read, but not sure what to expect in terms of accuracy when she's reporting here that one of Chris' tracks on Rumours was Say You Love Me.
Exactly. There's so much junk "journalism" out there. I was initially "so excited", but it's probably just more crap, strewn together.
Old 12-07-2023, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Ugh—I hate that. Simple fact checking is just that: simple fact checking. Geesh.
Old 12-07-2023, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So, I’ve read a few of the journalist’s pieces. She tends to position herself prominently in the work and there is a kind “I’m friends with rock stars” vibe. Still, the point of view she offers, from a social/on-the-scene participant perspective, is interesting. It’s just not likely to be a definitive biography.
Old 12-07-2023, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, irrespective of how accurate and revealing it will be….the fact that it’s coming out is a brilliant thing. Can’t wait…..yippee…..summer reading 😊

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 12-08-2023, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Ugh—I hate that. Simple fact checking is just that: simple fact checking. Geesh.
It was pretty glaring.
Old 12-08-2023, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It was pretty glaring.
I get what folks are saying, but here’s my thought- do I want to read a book about Christine by someone who’d never even met her, but knows the order of all of songs on her solo and FM albums, or by someone who knew her, and may have access to other folks who knew her?

I know which albums her songs are on, so I don’t need a book to tell me that. Hopefully this writer will be able to tell us things we haven’t heard a million times before.
Old 12-08-2023, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I get what folks are saying, but here’s my thought- do I want to read a book about Christine by someone who’d never even met her, but knows the order of all of songs on her solo and FM albums, or by someone who knew her, and may have access to other folks who knew her?
I would choose someone who knew her, or have access to other folks who knew her. But on second thoughts I have read interesting bios about Napoleon, Oscar Wilde or Beethoven. So it may be worth it though the margin of error exists. I know that there are historians who strongly disagree with the image we have of Nero. Ergo in any case we can only doubt about some facts in the book.

Quote:
I know which albums her songs are on, so I don’t need a book to tell me that. Hopefully this writer will be able to tell us things we haven’t heard a million times before.
That would be my interest too. Anyway I will wait for comments about the book when ledgies who read it share it with us.
Old 12-11-2023, 01:42 PM

Quote:

I would want someone that proofread their work. Especially, if they didn't know her or have access to her.