Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Yes, she's left handed!

I just found a video of our beloved Chris that shows without any doubt that she is left handed (minute 8:20, while she signs an autograph to a japanese guy) and since I read that some of you wondered about this peculiarity, I decided to open this thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRmo2pZ6uk8
Well, it seems that she's able to use both hands perfectly for playing instruments (such as the guitar), could she be ambidextrous?
I know this incredible woman has so many skills (like Xena, the warrior princess!), so I won't be surprised if she was!

PS: I remember that when I was a child I was left handed too, but then my family "forced" me to use the right hand...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chris_lefthanded.jpg (76.0 KB, 14 views)
Old 05-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Lover View Post
PS: I remember that when I was a child I was left handed too, but then my family "forced" me to use the right hand...
I find that fascinating. A) Why would they force you to do such a thing? B) Are you actually "right-handed" now or do you still strongly favor your left hand but resist the urge to use it for some reason? C) Are you traumatized by this?
Old 05-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Lover View Post
Well, it seems that she's able to use both hands perfectly for playing instruments (such as the guitar), could she be ambidextrous?
I doubt that she's ambidextrous. I mean, guitar, piano, whatever.....requires both hands, and most players aren't ambidextrous. If you watch or listen to Get Like You Used To Be, you can hear how strong her left hand playing is.
I play both(I'm right handed), and my left hand is absolutely retarded. It works fine for playing guitar, but I have left handed issues with keys(compared to my right). I can barely hold a pencil with my left hand, let alone try to write something with it!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:57 PM
Ledgie

I never noticed that about her. When she plays guitar, does she play left or right? I've only ever seen her play it in a Tusk tour bootleg vid and I can't remember at all.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi everyone, I have to repost my answer because it seems that yesterday there was a problem and the page went blank. Thanks Homer for your explanation, now I will listen to GLYUTB carefully

@ Jessica: well, they wanted me to use my right hand because everytime I wrote with the left, I always stuck myself and the paper with ink (and that is true) But I must say that I grow up without any problems, since I'm not even stuttering, so I consider myself lucky! Maybe it was because they didn't really "forced me" as it may seem, but it was annoying since everytime they repeated I had to try to using the right hand.. and they repeated it so many times that I started using this hand on my own. Today I totally forgot how to write with the left and even if I try, it's almost impossible for me!

As for Chris, I made a collage of pics where she plays different instruments, such as the guitar, but also smoking (she always use her left hand, except on particular occasions, but me too I use mainly my left hand when I smoke for no particular reason). Since I still don't play, it's hard for me to tell if she's using left or right when she must use both hands for playing a guitar, a piano or an accordion http://s7.imagestime.com/out.php/i71...islefthand.jpg

Last edited by Chris_Lover; 05-17-2012 at 12:45 PM..
Old 05-17-2012, 08:54 AM

There is one of her playing a chair on here as well.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh yes, I remember it! My, she really has many skills...
Old 05-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Ledgie

Interesting that she appears to play guitar right-handed.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Interesting that she appears to play guitar right-handed.
Ok, so it means that the hand who stroke the cords is the leading hand...I just learned it Yes, if it's so, it's really interesting, as you said!