User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-16-2021, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
They performed for two nights in Cleveland. As I mentioned in another thread I was so excited for a perfect digital copy of my perfect soundboard bootleg. It was the version from 20/20 that I was hoping to have but they used the Angel recorded on the other show than the version we saw on tv. I didn't care for it on first listen because I was so let down that it wasn't what I had hoped for but now after two more listens I really like it a lot. But it still does not compare to my soundboard from the other night from Cleveland. So if the labeling is right, this version of Angel was recorded on May 20,1980 and the version I wanted(from 20/20) was recorded on May 21, 1980.
Thank you for those extra details, vivfox. So can you share the 20/20 Angel from May 21? I dont think I have a super-clear audience recording of that night in Cleveland. Its been so long ago. The only super-clear recordings of the tour I had were the soundboards: Rehearsals, St. Louis, Yokohama, Melbourne, Sydney, Atlanta, and Mobile and now the pieces from the deluxe sets.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-16-2021, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In my opinion this is the BEST Live vocal of Landslide Stevie has ever done and this should hopefully be released on some future live record by the band.
This LA 1977 recording is a great performance. Also good were Las Vegas and Osaka, two of my first bootlegs.

My favorite renditions have always been from the mirage tour, especially Irvine Meadows, Oakland, LA, Denver, and Detroit.

I also have a strange affection for the 1990 Burbank Studio rehearsal from ROCK STEADY.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-17-2021, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In my opinion this is the BEST Live vocal of Landslide Stevie has ever done and this should hopefully be released on some future live record by the band.

Good GRIEF, that is gorgeous! Thank you so much! I've never heard this one. Wow.
Old 04-18-2021, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
Good GRIEF, that is gorgeous! Thank you so much! I've never heard this one. Wow.
I'm glad you love it as much as I do. This is the only Live FM song I am "forcing" my non FM fans (family& friends) to listen to. LOL

Correct date for this show is: 8/29/77

Last edited by vivfox; 04-18-2021 at 12:55 PM..
Old 05-02-2021, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only thing I was completely wowed by was the live version of Brown Eyes, which is fantastic.