User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-09-2021, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The glaring omissions you mention, Mick probably felt they weren’t his stories to tell, since they didn’t involve him specifically. As for the band not missing Lindsey during the Tango tour, that doesn’t sound hard to believe at all. They were ticked because Lindsey didn’t tour and probably worried about the future of the band. From all accounts, the tour did well and it sounded like a lot of fun for them, personally. It’s completely possible that if Lindsey had toured with them, it would have gone very well too, but we’ll never know. Billy Burnette wrote in his book about how all of them would continue to play music together after a show in their hotel room, just jamming, which is something I’m quite certain had never happened before. I think that was a reflection more on Billy and Rick, and their genuine excitement about being in FM, than on Lindsey. Billy and Rick brought fun back for them at that time.
They certainly were not his stories to tell, but neither was Christine’s affair with Curry Grant and he told that. So where is the line drawn? If Christine’s having an affair with the band’s erstwhile engineer (Birch), that’s pretty darn significant to the band. I’m betting Christine said he could tell one story but not the other. But who knows? Maybe it was selective memory. The interesting thing is that, with time, most of the stories have come out anyway, either through personal confession or from someone else spilling the beans.
Old 11-10-2021, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
They certainly were not his stories to tell, but neither was Christine’s affair with Curry Grant and he told that. So where is the line drawn? If Christine’s having an affair with the band’s erstwhile engineer (Birch), that’s pretty darn significant to the band. I’m betting Christine said he could tell one story but not the other. But who knows? Maybe it was selective memory. The interesting thing is that, with time, most of the stories have come out anyway, either through personal confession or from someone else spilling the beans.
Have you read Billy Burnette’s book? It’s so much more interesting than Mick’s book. Not because he gives more dirt, because he doesn’t, but because he gives more interesting stories about the band, such as gigs they played, behind the scenes tour info, etc. I think you would like it. But as to your post, I would say it was selective memory as to why Mick mentioned certain things but not others- Billy said in his book that the day Mick’s autobiography was released, John, Christine, and Stevie were irritated and the tour became awkward. That’s why I don’t think it was something like Christine telling Mick he could write about one affair but not the other, for example. Maybe Mick wrote only about one because that particular affair lasted longer, or upset John more, or was more awkward for the band, etc.