User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-15-2021, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Vanessa Carlton at it again bashing Lindsey on Twitter

She posted a link to the stupid NY times article and then the following

To all the publications who wrote about LB last week I hope you take the time to read this. You have Carol Ann Harris on record as well. What more do you need? https://nypost.com/2021/09/11/ny-tim...its-hypocrisy/

Then one of the commentators mentioned Bob Welch confirmed on this board all of Carol's claims of abuse. This is the first I have heard of that

Thank you! His abusive past is always overlooked. Lindsey’s fans are unable/unwilling to accept his brutality as claimed by Carol Ann Harris. She went into great detail and was backed up at the time by Bob Welch (on The Ledge) who witnessed firsthand many of the facts in her book.

She's a piece of work.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Vanessa Carlton is a real piece of work. Weren't her 15 minutes over a long time ago?
Old 09-15-2021, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How hilariously ironic after he played on one of her records.

Old 09-15-2021, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

AND, as she is not a first hand witness to anything (or she would have said so "I saw it myself!") She is either a)perpetuating gossip or b) accepting unquestioningly her friend Stevie and/or something written by someone else (Carol) who may or may not have their own agenda when writing their book.

Look, I don't think LB is an angel and it may make me unpopular but I think it is likely he has behaved unacceptably in the past.

If Stevie wants to talk about that, what direct interactions she experienced with him in the past, that's her prerogative, as it was Carol's, and people can either believe or don't believe it.

But third parties who weren't even born when some of this occurred need to be careful about sticking their noses in and testifying to events. They may be testifying to what they heard or were told, but that is not the same as being a witness to an event.

If someone who was directly involved in any alleged incidents wants to come forward, they should. They should not hide behind third parties and third parties need to not take it upon themselves. Stevie has had 50 years to speak out in concrete detail about LB stuff if she wanted. She could talk about it now if she wanted. She and only she should either say something or keep shtum. Planting stories through third parties is bullsh***. Either have the balls to say it or don't.

This whole thing is so ugly and crazy and once the lid is blown off, it will be very very unseemly. It feels to me like both SN and LB are dancing very close to a dangerous edge here... she's either going to cross that edge and say something concrete about his behavior or he's going to cross that edge and go from saying she's alone because she doesn't have kids to saying she doesn't have kids because she terminated pregnancies. I really feel like each of them is a powder keg potentially ready to go full-throttle about stuff that is decades old. It's gross.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-15-2021 at 05:25 PM..
Old 09-15-2021, 06:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

Agree 100% It's a shame that they are both going after each other to this extent. But I think it's less likely for LB to go after SN for any choices she made re: abortion than it is for her to double down on the abuse allegations. But it's hard to say. He's not holding back all that much anymore.

I mean what could possibly make this worth it? Is it worth it to him to be back in the band that much to continue to badmouth her? Are Stevie and her allies so upset about the backlash on firing LB that they're going to go there?

And, seriously, Vanessa Carlton needs to find something better to do than insert herself in the unresolvable fights between LB and SN.
Old 09-15-2021, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
And, seriously, Vanessa Carlton needs to find something better to do than insert herself in the unresolvable fights between LB and SN.
Vanessa's only way to keep her name out there besides a White Chicks sequel is to try to cancel people and get press for being a keyboard activist. She tried to cancel Taylor Swift for her connection to Harvey Weinstein. She tried to cancel Chris Brown recently for his mutilation of Rihanna in the 2000s.

Go work for a domestic violence shelter if you want to do something, Vanessa. But no, she's on social media all the time.
Old 09-15-2021, 07:09 PM
bombaysaffires
This message has been deleted by bombaysaffires.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WHO TF is Vanessa Carlton?
Old 09-15-2021, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
AND, as she is not a first hand witness to anything (or she would have said so "I saw it myself!") She is either a)perpetuating gossip or b) accepting unquestioningly her friend Stevie and/or something written by someone else (Carol) who may or may not have their own agenda when writing their book.

Look, I don't think LB is an angel and it may make me unpopular but I think it is likely he has behaved unacceptably in the past.

If Stevie wants to talk about that, what direct interactions she experienced with him in the past, that's her prerogative, as it was Carol's, and people can either believe or don't believe it.

But third parties who weren't even born when some of this occurred need to be careful about sticking their noses in and testifying to events. They may be testifying to what they heard or were told, but that is not the same as being a witness to an event.

If someone who was directly involved in any alleged incidents wants to come forward, they should. They should not hide behind third parties and third parties need to not take it upon themselves. Stevie has had 50 years to speak out in concrete detail about LB stuff if she wanted. She could talk about it now if she wanted. She and only she should either say something or keep shtum. Planting stories through third parties is bullsh***. Either have the balls to say it or don't.

This whole thing is so ugly and crazy and once the lid is blown off, it will be very very unseemly. It feels to me like both SN and LB are dancing very close to a dangerous edge here... she's either going to cross that edge and say something concrete about his behavior or he's going to cross that edge and go from saying she's alone because she doesn't have kids to saying she doesn't have kids because she terminated pregnancies. I really feel like each of them is a powder keg potentially ready to go full-throttle about stuff that is decades old. It's gross.

I think if there really was some dirt on Lindsey that we don’t already know it would have come out by now.

As for Carol I don’t care much for her. On one hand I do believe her abuse claims but then on the other I have to wonder given we know sever stories aren’t factually accurate. Plus it’s her constant shameless promotion of the book long after it came and went and the fact that only when people started going after her did she try to get sympathy by saying the book is about domestic violence and to heal etc. I call BS. She went on Geraldo for a paycheque and wrote the book to both get her name out there again as well as to sling mud at Lindsey and members of FM. Her entire social media presence is devoted to the book and nothing more.

As for Vanessa she’s sinking in the gutter with her trash talk. Think of all the artists who have worked with him and never had anything bad to say about him. Yet because the post says so it automatically has to be true. She didn’t see anything nor experienced anything bad herself so she has no business slinging mud.

She’s just riding Stevie’s coattails hoping to get her stalled career back.
Old 09-15-2021, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
Agree 100% It's a shame that they are both going after each other to this extent. But I think it's less likely for LB to go after SN for any choices she made re: abortion than it is for her to double down on the abuse allegations. But it's hard to say. He's not holding back all that much anymore.

I mean what could possibly make this worth it? Is it worth it to him to be back in the band that much to continue to badmouth her? Are Stevie and her allies so upset about the backlash on firing LB that they're going to go there?

if that's the goal, how the hell is this going to achieve that??

Is the goal, since she's made it clear she won't work with him again, to blow things up and hope the poop only sticks to her? If it's about inner workings of the band, stick to that. There's more than enough of that poop to fascinate everyone.