Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I lost it when Carrie f'ing Underwood sang I'll Stand By You (see the "What songs do you listen to when you're sad" thread) and cried for the rest of the show. Jesus. Then the Tivo cuts out at the during the Sgt. Pepper thing and I have to go online to see who won. I figured it was Jordin but I still would like to have seen it.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 05-24-2007 at 01:05 AM..
Old 05-24-2007, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I lost it when Carrie f'ing Underwood sang I'll Stand By You (see the "What songs do you listen to when you're sad" thread) and cried for the rest of the show. Jesus. Then the Tivo cuts out at the during the Sgt. Pepper thing and I have to go online to see who won. I figured it was Jordin but I still would like to have seen it.

Damn Tivo! That happened to me too. I couldn't believe I had just sat through the entire two-hour crapfest, just to have it cut out after the incredibly weird Ruben version of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. Who on earth thought THAT was a good idea?
Gladys Knight was the highlight for me, and Ruben and Jordin's song together wasn't entirely bad. Was it wrong of me to have been entertained by Blake and Doug E Fresh? It was hilariousy great.

ps: I love love love Kelly Clarkson, but her new song is not good.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
What Melinda thought of the final two and Jordin in particular:

Ooh yeah. I love that look. I guess she really thought she would be up there. I love to see that she has real feelings and a real personality. She should have showed that more than the "golly-gee you like me" schtick and maybe she WOULD have been up there.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie View Post
i'm still of the mind that neither one of them have the power to be a carrie underwood or a kelly clarkson. jordin's album will slip through the cracks of all of the other music currently being churned out by record labels and i feel like regardless of what blake puts out, it will be much of the same. jmo.
I agree. But Barry Gibb said Jordin's going to be one of the best recording artists of all time! We'll just see who turns out to be right. Us or Barry Gibb.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
Ooh yeah. I love that look. I guess she really thought she would be up there. I love to see that she has real feelings and a real personality. She should have showed that more than the "golly-gee you like me" schtick and maybe she WOULD have been up there.
Amen.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

a couple of quick thoughts:

everyone, except Tony Bennett, sounded like **** on a stick. Kelly, Carrie, Jordin...all sounded off. I hear today that Kelly was sick...well, any vocal doctor or coach I know would say do NOT sing if you are sick...you'll damage your vocal cords. Kelly better watch it cause she will end up like Mariah and damage certain ranges and then be ****ed. I like her new song, but she won't be able to sing it live night after night. it was obvious that it hurt to hit some of those notes and I could hear just how it was hurting her throat. and why did she wear that second outfit? ewww. it was just gross.

note to Bette Midler...I love you girl, but if you're gonna take over Celine's spot at Caesar's, watch your AI performance and clean it up a bit. your most famous song and you cracked a few times. just be aware.

Jordin...from this day forward do not wear anything with an empire waist. ok?

Gwen...again, you are too long in the tooth to be singing about staying up til 4 in the morning doing anything. talking about wind it up and ****...bitch please. oh, and lip synching is not cool unless you're Britney Spears. well...even then it's not cool.

and I loved how Jordin's song at the end after she won was a carbon copy of her finale performance. she probably rehearsed the cracking voice and the little teardrop.

that's all for now, but I'm sure I'll think of more.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Damn Tivo! That happened to me too. I couldn't believe I had just sat through the entire two-hour crapfest, just to have it cut out after the incredibly weird Ruben version of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. Who on earth thought THAT was a good idea?
Gladys Knight was the highlight for me, and Ruben and Jordin's song together wasn't entirely bad. Was it wrong of me to have been entertained by Blake and Doug E Fresh? It was hilariousy great.

ps: I love love love Kelly Clarkson, but her new song is not good.
1 - You don't f*ck with the Beatles.

2 - I thought Ruben looked & sounded great last night.

3 - I hated Kelly's new song when I first heard it, but now I love it. It definitely grows on you.

Quote:
I agree. But Barry Gibb said Jordin's going to be one of the best recording artists of all time! We'll just see who turns out to be right. Us or Barry Gibb.
If there's one thing I've learned from this thread, you don't f*ck with Barry Gibb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post

everyone, except Tony Bennett, sounded like **** on a stick. Kelly, Carrie, Jordin...all sounded off. I hear today that Kelly was sick...well, any vocal doctor or coach I know would say do NOT sing if you are sick...you'll damage your vocal cords. Kelly better watch it cause she will end up like Mariah and damage certain ranges and then be ****ed. I like her new song, but she won't be able to sing it live night after night. it was obvious that it hurt to hit some of those notes and I could hear just how it was hurting her throat. and why did she wear that second outfit? ewww. it was just gross.

note to Bette Midler...I love you girl, but if you're gonna take over Celine's spot at Caesar's, watch your AI performance and clean it up a bit. your most famous song and you cracked a few times. just be aware.

Gwen...again, you are too long in the tooth to be singing about staying up til 4 in the morning doing anything. talking about wind it up and ****...bitch please. oh, and lip synching is not cool unless you're Britney Spears. well...even then it's not cool.

and I loved how Jordin's song at the end after she won was a carbon copy of her finale performance. she probably rehearsed the cracking voice and the little teardrop.

Kelly def. sounded hoarse to me & I thought the same thing as you did about singing that tune ever night - ouch. And I almost always hate what she's wearing. But I love her.

LOL - the teardrop was rehearsed fo sho.

I didn't watch most of the show closely, we had an "Idol finale party" at a coworkers house so we were too busy eating & gossiping. Glad I saw the ending, since apparently Tivo is not my best friend.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Damn DVR did it again! I had a friend over to watch The Sopranos episode that he missed, and last week's Entourage. I put on AI and hit "skip to the end" - cut off in the middle of the Sgt. Pepper butchering. Oh well, whaddayagonnado?
Old 05-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Banned

Default a few quck notes

Gladys Knight and Tony Bennett blew every other performer out of the water. Idols take note! That is how you sing a song.

Bette- Looked great (61 whaaaat?) but she needs to get to some rehearsals and beef up her vocal chords. THe little shimmy in the skirt was awesome. Bitch can work a crowd like no other.

Is Blake's schtick going to be pairing up with rappers from the 80's-90's? Somebody call Tone Loc and see if he's free. I did like seeing Doug E Fresh back in action though. I love that guy.

I didn't really like Kelly's new song when she did it on the show, but I saw the music video this morning and it's a keeper.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

I wanted to cut Gladys Knights bangs too....
Old 05-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I hear today that Kelly was sick...well, any vocal doctor or coach I know would say do NOT sing if you are sick...you'll damage your vocal cords.
MUCH better to get a night's rest and anger several million people than to have fun on stage while fulfilling an obligation that must be fulfilled anyway. It's a good thing your favorite person in the whole wide world never went on stage despite doctor's orders like that, cough, 1986, cough.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:40 PM
BTFLCHLD
This message has been deleted by BTFLCHLD.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nicki View Post
MUCH better to get a night's rest and anger several million people than to have fun on stage while fulfilling an obligation that must be fulfilled anyway. It's a good thing your favorite person in the whole wide world never went on stage despite doctor's orders like that, cough, 1986, cough.

Wow. Bitter, party of one? And what does Barbra Streisand have to do with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
I heard on the the radio this morning that someone was a last-minute no-show. Anyone know who that was?
No clue. Fantasia wasn't there, but she's doing The Color Purple right now....
Old 05-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I kind of only half watched it- was Katherine McPhee on there?

Also, poor Bette. She did look fabulous (seriously) but I was so sad at her voice.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

ditto to most of it

disagree about carrie underwood. i don't even like country music but that chick can sing. her voice is pure & her beatles "she's leaving home" was nice. can tell she sings from the heart.

gwen? totally agree. learn the words.

melinda should have won. no contest. so can't say i care if it was blake or jordin. either one? cheesy.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nicki View Post
dude...wtf?

I don't even really understand the first part of that...I was just saying I hate to see her ruin her voice. ****. I wasn't dissing her because I love Kelly.