Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^ Happy easter everyone,
Old 04-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Happy Easter everybody.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

(not sad)
My FIRST Easter alone. It's kind of strange...my extended family(aunts, uncles, cousins) has always been so close....and it's like we're drifting apart. I have one aunt and cousin(her daughter) that I'm extremely close to, but the rest of them are drifting away. For the first time ever, we weren't(the 3 of us) invited to Easter(which they always host). Maybe they're not having it...we don't know, but it's strange. And last year, they only came to one summer holiday that I hosted(I always host the 3 summer holidays, since I've got the "summer house"). We just wonder if one of us did something wrong, or what. We've jokingly said, "well, f*ck em!", but it's still strange.... Oh well.
Oh, and I'm alone, because my cousin had to work today, and won't get off until this evening, so we just said screw it...

JTIS.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
(not sad)
My FIRST Easter alone. It's kind of strange...my extended family(aunts, uncles, cousins) has always been so close....and it's like we're drifting apart. I have one aunt and cousin(her daughter) that I'm extremely close to, but the rest of them are drifting away. For the first time ever, we weren't(the 3 of us) invited to Easter(which they always host). Maybe they're not having it...we don't know, but it's strange. And last year, they only came to one summer holiday that I hosted(I always host the 3 summer holidays, since I've got the "summer house"). We just wonder if one of us did something wrong, or what. We've jokingly said, "well, f*ck em!", but it's still strange.... Oh well.
Oh, and I'm alone, because my cousin had to work today, and won't get off until this evening, so we just said screw it...

JTIS.
I've never had a close family, so I can't relate to having mass family gatherings. My Dad's side of the family will only come around when they decide that they want something from him. My Mum's...Well ever since my Grandad died, my Mum and Aunts have been ostracized by his side of the family. I couldn't hazard a guess as to why. We're probably the epitome of the dysfunctional family. Oh well. It's probably why I enjoy my own company so much.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
(not sad)

JTIS.
It's depressing when families drift apart. Mine totally splintered when my Grandpa died 15 years ago. We went from this amazing, inseparable, crazy, fun group to everybody refusing to see one another. It's all so stupid, too. My Aunts are all just oil & water, but they used to put all that aside for my Grandfather... and had a fantastic time with each other when they just got over themselves. But you can't make people do what they don't want to do. Just gotta get used to the new normal I guess.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My nan has spent the day at ours which has been lovely, she has been really really ill again this past few weeks but hopefully things are picking up.

I have also just replied to my university offers, I am so excited for the future. I adore life.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've always considered family to be a genetic accident. My own "family" consists entirely of people I'd never choose to associate with in a million years. As soon as I realized I didn't have to anymore, I stopped.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
(not sad)

JTIS.
Ditto, but it's
Old 04-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I worked today and got an Easter Egg off my boss when I arrived so by usual Easter standards, it went pretty well.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 04-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
I worked today and got an Easter Egg off my boss when I arrived so by usual Easter standards, it went pretty well.
Glad you had a good Easter. I worked today and my day ended off with me in Casualty with two huge chunks out of my thumb (One of the holes still had the lump of flesh attached which was pretty gag worthy) and my arm all scratched up lol. It's what I get for looking after so many Cats.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Glad you had a good Easter. I worked today and my day ended off with me in Casualty with two huge chunks out of my thumb (One of the holes still had the lump of flesh attached which was pretty gag worthy) and my arm all scratched up lol. It's what I get for looking after so many Cats.
Ouch! Sounds painful.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
Ouch! Sounds painful.
Actually, when it happened I didn't feel a thing. The Cat has a running feud with one of the caged Animals; and because he can't get at him he was taking it out on the others all day and I had to break up numerous fights. He probably had a grudge against me lol. I went to check on one of the poorly Cats and he launched at me, gripping my arm as he bit down on my hand. All I could think was 'Keep the arm away from the face' while I flung him off of me. Then I calmly locked up the building behind me before heading into the main room and waiting patiently for my boss to hoover up before telling her what had happened (She had her back to me). While I was explaining I had the usual 'shocked Frog that wants you to cry' in my throat, which made me feel like an utter prat lol. I'm used to being bitten lightly by animals in my line of work, and usually I can tell that they're just saying 'Leave me alone. I'm not in the mood', so I leave them alone. I could tell this one really wished to hurt me.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually, when it happened I didn't feel a thing. The Cat has a running feud with one of the caged Animals; and because he can't get at him he was taking it out on the others all day and I had to break up numerous fights. He probably had a grudge against me lol. I went to check on one of the poorly Cats and he launched at me, gripping my arm as he bit down on my hand. All I could think was 'Keep the arm away from the face' while I flung him off of me. Then I calmly locked up the building behind me before heading into the main room and waiting patiently for my boss to hoover up before telling her what had happened (She had her back to me). While I was explaining I had the usual 'shocked Frog that wants you to cry' in my throat, which made me feel like an utter prat lol. I'm used to being bitten lightly by animals in my line of work, and usually I can tell that they're just saying 'Leave me alone. I'm not in the mood', so I leave them alone. I could tell this one really wished to hurt me.
That would freak me out. A hazard of the job I guess though, right? Did you need stitches or anything?

Old 04-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
That would freak me out. A hazard of the job I guess though, right? Did you need stitches or anything?
I've always been level headed in a crisis, I suppose. I was the one who had to call for an ambulance, look after my Dad and direct the paramedics to our house when my Dad had a heart attack in the garden while Mum panicked. Takes a lot to really tattle me, I guess. Yeah, it is a hazard. Thankfully it's the first time anything serious happened in my 10 months working there, which means I must be doing something right. Thankfully I didn't need stitches. Just had to have a tetanus, an X Ray to make sure the Cat didn't leave any teeth in the wounds, super strong antibiotics, medicated strips on the wounds (I can't remember what was on them but they left a yellow stain) and a heck ton of bandages. I have an appointment Tuesday to check on them and hopefully have more user friendly bandages. These ones are terrible. I had a bath earlier and had to cope with that and washing my hair with one hand. It was hard lol. Rather awkwardly my Mother knocked on the bathroom door and asked if I wanted her to come in and help me 'Er...No Mum. You're alright.I'd rather drown thanks'
Old 04-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've always been level headed in a crisis, I suppose. I was the one who had to call for an ambulance, look after my Dad and direct the paramedics to our house when my Dad had a heart attack in the garden while Mum panicked. Takes a lot to really tattle me, I guess. Yeah, it is a hazard. Thankfully it's the first time anything serious happened in my 10 months working there, which means I must be doing something right. Thankfully I didn't need stitches. Just had to have a tetanus, an X Ray to make sure the Cat didn't leave any teeth in the wounds, super strong antibiotics, medicated strips on the wounds (I can't remember what was on them but they left a yellow stain) and a heck ton of bandages. I have an appointment Tuesday to check on them and hopefully have more user friendly bandages. These ones are terrible. I had a bath earlier and had to cope with that and washing my hair with one hand. It was hard lol. Rather awkwardly my Mother knocked on the bathroom door and asked if I wanted her to come in and help me 'Er...No Mum. You're alright.I'd rather drown thanks'

Hahaha, rather drown You gotta love Mums - you'll always be her little girl. My mum would be the same.

It's good you are cool, calm and collected in a crisis. I'm the opposite. I panic.