The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thx for the hard work and research you two put into these posts...very interesting. And of course it clears up some of the confussion.

Thx for the great pic's posted by SteveMacD, Chris and Bekka look gorgeous and Chris (although smiling) leaning forward in an apprehensive way confirms (possibly) Chris' discomfort with this line-up.

As you proved me wrong Steve, I was only speculating Chris was absent b/c I have never seen these photos, I was not posting it as a FACT.

thx again for posting
Old 01-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierySequences View Post
As you proved me wrong Steve, I was only speculating Chris was absent b/c I have never seen these photos, I was not posting it as a FACT.
I was just kidding around. But, I do find it odd that they didn't use this picture anywhere on the cover.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Time isn't a bad album.

Stevie and Lindsey were gone and Christine was just there to provide five songs to the album. Billy didn't really get much attention during his Mac tenure, getting lost in the mix (if you will) essentially making him a "new" member along with Bekka and Dave. Of course Mick and John were there so yes it was still Fleetwood Mac, but they aren't singer/songwriters and the faces of the band like Christine, Stevie, and Lindsey and as Peter and Bob Welch were during their tenures.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Time isn't a bad album.

Stevie and Lindsey were gone and Christine was just there to provide five songs to the album. Billy didn't really get much attention during his Mac tenure, getting lost in the mix (if you will) essentially making him a "new" member along with Bekka and Dave.
But Billy WASN'T a new member, and FANS (not necessarily the public) knew him. He had been affiliated with Fleetwood Mac in some way for over a decade by that point, and had been in the band for two big tours and a modest-selling album. Fleetwood Mac had several minor hits during his time.

Quote:
Of course Mick and John were there so yes it was still Fleetwood Mac, but they aren't singer/songwriters and the faces of the band like Christine, Stevie, and Lindsey and as Peter and Bob Welch were during their tenures.
Some fan of Fleetwood Mac from day one in 1973: "Penguin" -no Peter, no Jeremy, no Danny...NOT Fleetwood Mac. Sure, Christine is there, but it's just NOT Fleetwood Mac.

I don't disagree that Billy wasn't exactly the face of the band at that point, but neither was Bob Welch in 1973, except for the handful of fans that were giving it a chance, regardless of who was in it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-12-2013, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Time is a much better album, IMO, than Mask. Bekka and Billy sound especially good. I don't see the logic in including Dave Mason. But otherwise, the songs and performances are strong.

My only other complaint is the cheesy sounding keyboard tones. Christine's approach is fine, as is her playing. But the sound of the electric keyboard is tinny and cheap.

I like the running order of the songs. So long as Mason's contributions are removed.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Time is a much better album, IMO, than Mask. Bekka and Billy sound especially good. I don't see the logic in including Dave Mason. But otherwise, the songs and performances are strong.
Billy quit in early 1993, so they needed a male singer/guitarist, hence Dave Mason. If Billy had stayed, I doubt Mason would have been hired.

If it had continued, I think Christine and Dave would have been gone by the next record. With the whole alt.country thing from the mid to late '90s, it could have been interesting.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-12-2013, 07:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm enjoying the Time love replies.

To me, this album is a pretty straight forward rock and blues album...with a little country thrown in.

I agree with the poster that said Dave's contributions wasn't needed, but since Billy had quit, I can now see why he was needed.

Right after SN and CM annouced they were now longer touring the band...I envisioned a 4 piece with just the guys carrying on. Some of the pics in the BTM tour book (just the guys) made me wonder what kind of rock and blues future this quartet would have pulled off. I would have bought a ticket to that show.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
If Billy had stayed, I doubt Mason would have been hired.
Should have been Billy Thorpe.