The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 09-21-2021, 06:52 PM
TrueFaith77's Avatar
TrueFaith77 TrueFaith77 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York City!
Posts: 4,931
Default

I have to take a side. What Stevie did was evil.
__________________
"They love each other so much, they think they hate each other."

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-21-2021, 07:03 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I have to take a side. What Stevie did was evil.
It really was evil. She truly was thinking about NOBODY but herself. Not the other band members, or the fans, or the band legacy. Only thinking about her own spoiled ass.

She's become a horrible, horrible person.

The Crowded Petty house tour was the ONLY FM tour I've ever missed, because I had NO desire. She killed Fleetwood Mac.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-21-2021, 08:01 PM
Nicks Fan's Avatar
Nicks Fan Nicks Fan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Metcalfe Ontario Canada
Posts: 954
Default

When I got into FM it was during the Dance. My first show was the 2003 Toronto show. It was ok. I found Stevie's vocals at times to be very nasal. There were definite highlights like Beautiful Child, Eyes of The World, Say Goodbye to name a few.

In the beginning I was all about Stevie. I couldn't care less about anyone else in the band. But then I did start buying the albums of current and former members of FM and found much to enjoy. I do agree that Lindsey's solo work can at times be a bit too weird for my taste and I have a strong dislike for the distorted vocals he uses. I wish he would just sing normally. Having said that though I do enjoy allot of his solo work. Stevie I feel had 1 pretty good album with Bella Donna. Every album after has some really good songs but also some crap that I wonder how it ever made the cut. My favorite album of hers is TISL even though I would say BD is her best work.

The thing I find with the Stevie Nicks fans especially the ones on Social media is that they have a sick obsession with her where they act like they are her friend and or protector etc. from big bad Lindsey. They excuse every thing she has ever done no matter what. She stops a planned tour and or album from happening. She says dumb things up on stage or in the press and or says some cringeworthy things about Lindsey and or his family and the fans eat it up.

Lindsey is a flawed human being and certainly no saint but to see him get dumped on over and over by pathetic SN worshippers is kind of sad. Suddenly these people are medical experts in what makes a person a narcissist and or domestic abuser etc.

They are also some of the biggest hypocrites on the planet. They **** all over Lindsey for an alleged tour delay but had ZERO to say when SN stopped the 2012 tour and also stopped them from making a new album with or without Christine. They made an album in 2017 without her with NO drama to speak of.

Some of them were critical of Carol's book and yet now they quote it as the gospel truth. Same with GDW. The book is full of errors and yet they treat it like it's the god's honest truth and or that SN had a hand in the book.

There a tons of Facebook groups were SN cult members make absurd claims like Lindsey probably beats his wife and say things like it's no wonder she's divorcing him. They are all bent out of shape over his comments but have nothing to say for the endless immature or inappropriate comments SN has made over the years.

I can be a fan of someone but I am not one of those people who elevates any celebrity to a god like status. I can enjoy someone but still be critical. Stevie Nicks and for that matter anyone else in FM deserve to be both praised and criticized when necessary. There is nothing wrong with that and it shouldn't make you less of a fan.

I took the side of Lindsey back in 2018 because at this stage in the band's career I don't want another tour at sky high ticket prices that regurgitates the past. The cult was ****ting on Lindsey for playing small venues while FM played arenas yet when Mike Campbell announced a tour with his band The Dirty Knobs and he was booked in some of the exact same venues Lindsey played there was radio silence.

They know they have nothing on Lindsey that warranted his firing so they will say or do anything to minimize his talents or justify his firing even going so far as to cherry pick incidents from when Carter and Reagan were president.

They also suddenly play the whole the band has had many lineups this is just another lineup card and they act like they are and or were always big fans of any lineup that didn't have SN in it.

As someone else said when reviews were praising the cover songs I knew I had made the right decision to sit this one out.

One thing I find that shuts up some of the cult is when you throw it in their face that the current lineup is the ONLY lineup that hasn't produced ANY new music and they have had 3 plus years to do so.

Lindsey's albums may not sell much but at least he's being creative vs resting on the past.

I have found it hard to be a SN fan these past 10 years or so since we have mostly gotten nostalgia over and over and behavior that is increasingly hard to ignore or justify.

Last edited by Nicks Fan; 09-21-2021 at 08:04 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-21-2021, 08:17 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
the current lineup is the ONLY lineup that hasn't produced ANY new music and they have had 3 plus years to do so.
And while Billy and Rick weren't on the Tango in the Night Album, they were performing NEW FM songs on the 87-88 Tour!

You don't celebrate FM's history by doing Finn and Petty songs.

Beach Boys got a new song done before their 50th Tour, Journey got a new song out before their 2020 lineup change and 2021 tour, and even FM did Sad Angel on Live 2013 Tour one month before we got to hear the recorded version.

They had no excuse not to make one song to accompany the 2018 Tour. Lazy.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-21-2021, 08:56 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 4,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
And while Billy and Rick weren't on the Tango in the Night Album, they were performing NEW FM songs on the 87-88 Tour!

You don't celebrate FM's history by doing Finn and Petty songs.

Beach Boys got a new song done before their 50th Tour, Journey got a new song out before their 2020 lineup change and 2021 tour, and even FM did Sad Angel on Live 2013 Tour one month before we got to hear the recorded version.

They had no excuse not to make one song to accompany the 2018 Tour. Lazy.
Fleetwood Mac exists now as an oldies jukebox money making organization and even that venture( I hope ) is over. They are completely creatively bankrupt. FFS even ABBA's long ago divorced couples were able to come together and record a new album 40 years after their last one!
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-21-2021, 10:02 PM
DownOnRodeo's Avatar
DownOnRodeo DownOnRodeo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 3,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Fleetwood Mac exists now as an oldies jukebox money making organization and even that venture( I hope ) is over.
To which Azoff and Mick might reply, "As the classic Fleetwood Mac song goes, 'don't dream it's over'!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
They are completely creatively bankrupt. FFS even ABBA's long ago divorced couples were able to come together and record a new album 40 years after their last one!
ABBA always had a core dynamic for creating albums that was far more straight-forward and stable and than what Rumours FM has ever had.

Benny happily comes up with some music.
Bjorn happily comes up with some lyrics for it.
Agnetha and Frida happily need only come into the studio to lay vocals.
Benny, Bjorn and the engineers have fun perfecting the production in the studio.

Touring aside, ABBA might have happily persisted in making studio records post-divorces like FM if the boys had not wanted to focus on other pursuits and Agnetha had not been been driven to reclusiveness by excessive fan attention.
__________________
Joe
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-22-2021, 07:45 AM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,670
Default

I take sides. I’m team Lindsey, even when it’s clear his personality is “much.”

I should say my disappointment with Stevie began when she slow rolled and then boycotted new Mac music—and her “I don’t understand their premise” comment regarding the LB/CM album that emerged despite her boycott. That disappointment became disgust when she played chess with her celebrity and got the band’s creative soul fired. Add astonishment to disgust when she released “Show Them the Way,” written from a point of view so delusional and tone deaf to the current National conversation about race and equity. She’s lost the proverbial plot. As a life-long fan of the band, I’m embarrassed by her.

Unlike some here, I am a fan of Lindsey’s solo music, have often preferred it to his Mac songs, am a fan of Christine’s music, and have loved about 10-12 Stevie solo songs from her entire catalogue.

New music is my main interest.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-22-2021, 08:39 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I should say my disappointment with Stevie began when she slow rolled and then boycotted new Mac music—and her “I don’t understand their premise” comment regarding the LB/CM album that emerged despite her boycott.
The I don't understand their premise remark was her thinking that fans did not know that LBCM songs were started on in 2014; her thinking is that fans thought Lindsey and Chris recorded the album solely in 2016 and 2017. As if the fans didn't see the LA Times piece in 2014 with Lindsey and Chris in the studio

Then she had an excuse that she had to get an album to Warner Brothers in 2014? Was that true?

The 24 Karat Gold Tour was necessary for her to do because she didn't get to tour the album it in 2014. Yet on the 24KG Tour she only did 3 songs from said album, whereas she did 6 songs live for IYD and TISL

Not a genuine individual. Snake.

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 09-22-2021 at 08:41 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-22-2021, 08:45 AM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
The I don't understand their premise remark was her thinking that fans did not know that LBCM songs were started on in 2014; her thinking is that fans thought Lindsey and Chris recorded the album solely in 2016 and 2017. As if the fans didn't see the LA Times piece in 2014 with Lindsey and Chris in the studio

Then she had an excuse that she had to get an album to Warner Brothers in 2014? Was that true?

The 24 Karat Gold Tour was necessary for her to do because she didn't get to tour the album it in 2014. Yet on the 24KG Tour she only did 3 songs from said album, whereas she did 6 songs live for IYD and TISL

Not a genuine individual. Snake.

Totes. Like totes.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-22-2021, 09:34 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,602
Default

Her "I don't understand their premise" is the equivalent of Mariah Carey's infamous "I don't know her" dig at Jennifer Lopez.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-22-2021, 11:26 PM
Street_Dreamer's Avatar
Street_Dreamer Street_Dreamer is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Eureka, CA
Posts: 752
Default

Remember when the Rumours group "finally" got back together in 1997 after 10 years apart? That same lineup only made ONE album together in the past almost 25 years and it was the one that coincided with their reunion. How many new Fleetwood Mac studio albums have been released in that same duration? ONE. In 2003!!! But at least we got the four song EP in 2013, right?

For me, it's not so much taking sides as it is looking at the band's situation from all sides. The sad state of affairs that's happened with Fleetwood Mac doesn't just lay at Stevie's boots. John and Mick deserve their share of the blame for bending to her will. Christine deserves scorn for not sticking up for Lindsey too. As much as Stevie's solo star shined 40 years ago, she shouldn't have ANY say if Lindsey was in or out of the band, especially since she clearly was not and has not been interested in making new music.

I know I shouldn't care about this band as much as I do but Fleetwood Mac is as much a part of my life as anything. You take it away from me and you're taking a huge part of my identity. I have every Fleetwood Mac album and have purchased all the recent deluxe releases. I'm one of the small percentage who love this band and through them became a fan of the likes of Billy and Bekka and bought their albums and music. I have Mick's solo albums and even have both of Todd Sharp and George Hawkins, Jr.'s solo work. If it hadn't been for Fleetwood Mac, I wouldn't have become a fan of John Stewart who is someone whose work I love and admire greatly. Even though I'm disgusted with Stevie, I still have her albums because I'm a sentimental fool who hates to part with memories. I'm not saying any of this to impress anyone, only to show just how much this band and its music means to me.

So while I shouldn't be mad, I still am because there's so much more that Fleetwood Mac could have produced in the past 25 years instead of what we got. On top of that, the person who helped make the band the success they were was tossed because of the whims of one person. It's so sad but it's probably why Lindsey's latest album has made such an impact on me. Without meaning to sound grim, the opportunity for these people to make music lessens each day. The chance for the five of them to do it together one last time should have been the top priority and now it's probably going to be a missed opportunity.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-23-2021, 01:03 PM
Nicks Fan's Avatar
Nicks Fan Nicks Fan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Metcalfe Ontario Canada
Posts: 954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Remember when the Rumours group "finally" got back together in 1997 after 10 years apart? That same lineup only made ONE album together in the past almost 25 years and it was the one that coincided with their reunion. How many new Fleetwood Mac studio albums have been released in that same duration? ONE. In 2003!!! But at least we got the four song EP in 2013, right?

For me, it's not so much taking sides as it is looking at the band's situation from all sides. The sad state of affairs that's happened with Fleetwood Mac doesn't just lay at Stevie's boots. John and Mick deserve their share of the blame for bending to her will. Christine deserves scorn for not sticking up for Lindsey too. As much as Stevie's solo star shined 40 years ago, she shouldn't have ANY say if Lindsey was in or out of the band, especially since she clearly was not and has not been interested in making new music.

I know I shouldn't care about this band as much as I do but Fleetwood Mac is as much a part of my life as anything. You take it away from me and you're taking a huge part of my identity. I have every Fleetwood Mac album and have purchased all the recent deluxe releases. I'm one of the small percentage who love this band and through them became a fan of the likes of Billy and Bekka and bought their albums and music. I have Mick's solo albums and even have both of Todd Sharp and George Hawkins, Jr.'s solo work. If it hadn't been for Fleetwood Mac, I wouldn't have become a fan of John Stewart who is someone whose work I love and admire greatly. Even though I'm disgusted with Stevie, I still have her albums because I'm a sentimental fool who hates to part with memories. I'm not saying any of this to impress anyone, only to show just how much this band and its music means to me.

So while I shouldn't be mad, I still am because there's so much more that Fleetwood Mac could have produced in the past 25 years instead of what we got. On top of that, the person who helped make the band the success they were was tossed because of the whims of one person. It's so sad but it's probably why Lindsey's latest album has made such an impact on me. Without meaning to sound grim, the opportunity for these people to make music lessens each day. The chance for the five of them to do it together one last time should have been the top priority and now it's probably going to be a missed opportunity.

I echo your sentiments whole heartedly. They have not produced any new music because of one person who does not want to. The fact that so many of her cult members excuse the endless GH tours is beyond sad. I want new music and not an endless rehash of the past.

It would be one thing if their tour set lists were adventurous but they are not. It is always the same 12-15 songs and then a 6-7 deep cuts or new songs.

They are squandering what little time they have left to make a final Rumors 5 album.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-23-2021, 01:10 PM
Nicks Fan's Avatar
Nicks Fan Nicks Fan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Metcalfe Ontario Canada
Posts: 954
Default

With the songs SN has either never performed live or not in a long time it was a perfect opportunity for her to showcase some of those songs on the last tour but the ONLY song she did that was new was a cover of Black Magic Woman which she did not even know was a FM song.

Lindsey may never be the big solo star she was but at least he is being creative and making new music vs resting on the past.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-23-2021, 01:21 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 14,249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
And while Billy and Rick weren't on the Tango in the Night Album, they were performing NEW FM songs on the 87-88 Tour!
You lit an urge in me — to find my Fresno (December 10, 1987) radio broadcast and listen to it, back to front. I kind of enjoyed it, especially “Seven Wonders,” “Say You Love Me,” “Rattlesnake Shake,” and “Over My Head.” I hadn’t heard this in probably twenty-five years.
__________________

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-23-2021, 07:33 PM
The Chain's Avatar
The Chain The Chain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alaska/Oklahoma
Posts: 663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I take sides. I’m team Lindsey, even when it’s clear his personality is “much.”

I should say my disappointment with Stevie began when she slow rolled and then boycotted new Mac music—and her “I don’t understand their premise” comment regarding the LB/CM album that emerged despite her boycott. That disappointment became disgust when she played chess with her celebrity and got the band’s creative soul fired. Add astonishment to disgust when she released “Show Them the Way,” written from a point of view so delusional and tone deaf to the current National conversation about race and equity. She’s lost the proverbial plot. As a life-long fan of the band, I’m embarrassed by her.

Unlike some here, I am a fan of Lindsey’s solo music, have often preferred it to his Mac songs, am a fan of Christine’s music, and have loved about 10-12 Stevie solo songs from her entire catalogue.

New music is my main interest.
This is the most accurate post I’ve ever read on this board.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Mick Fleetwood - Celebrate The Music Of Peter Green And The Early Years of Fleet picture

Mick Fleetwood - Celebrate The Music Of Peter Green And The Early Years of Fleet

$23.42



Mick Fleetwood & Friends - Celebrate the Music of Peter Green (2CD) New & Sealed picture

Mick Fleetwood & Friends - Celebrate the Music of Peter Green (2CD) New & Sealed

$16.49



MICK FLEETWOOD & FRIENDS Green Manalishi NEW vinyl LP BMG LE 3000 RSD2020 picture

MICK FLEETWOOD & FRIENDS Green Manalishi NEW vinyl LP BMG LE 3000 RSD2020

$17.99



Mick Fleetwood - Celebrate The Music Of Peter Green And The Early Years of Fleet picture

Mick Fleetwood - Celebrate The Music Of Peter Green And The Early Years of Fleet

$21.42



Mick Fleetwood Now, Then & Fleetwood Mac: Play On Autobiography 1st Ed Hardcover picture

Mick Fleetwood Now, Then & Fleetwood Mac: Play On Autobiography 1st Ed Hardcover

$6.38




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved