Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default (new date) Milwaukee Summerfest - June 30th

June 30 at 10 p.m.:Lindsey Buckingham.

Buckingham's mix of roots rock seasoned with a Southern California brightness and energy helped define Fleetwood Mac in its '70s glory years. After a very sporadic solo career, he has begun giving his solo music greater attention, releasing an all-acoustic album last year and working on an electric follow-up for this year.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=603772
Old 05-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Milwaukee is Last Scheduled Stop on 4th Leg

According to an article on Yahoo, the Milwaukee concert will be the last on the 4th (and final?) leg of the UTS tour. Has anyone been to Summerfest in Milwaukee? LB's concert starts at 10:00 p.m. at the Briggs & Stratton Backyard venue. Is this General Admission? Thanks in advance for any info. If tis is LB's last concert for a while, I want to be there.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Press Release

Press Release Source: Reprise Records

Lindsey Buckingham Announces Fourth Leg of U.S. Solo Tour to Begin June 1st
Thursday May 10, 11:08 am ET

Singer-Songwriter/Guitarist Touring Behind His Critically Acclaimed Solo Album, "Under The Skin"

BURBANK, CA--(MARKET WIRE)--May 10, 2007 -- Lindsey Buckingham will embark on the fourth leg of his first U.S. solo tour in nearly 14 years on June 1st, 2007. Buckingham and his three-piece band present an innovative, tightly orchestrated minimalism that captures the spirit of the Fleetwood Mac singer and guitarist's most recent solo album, the intricately crafted, acoustic guitar-driven "Under The Skin," which was released by Reprise Records on October 3rd.

The summer dates, which conclude June 30th, follow the enthusiastically received autumn, winter, and spring legs of Buckingham's nationwide trek. The New York Times praised the artist's appearance at New York's Town Hall, saying that, "the strength of Buckingham's songs, his singing and guitar playing, and his strange intensity as a performer carried the evening," while "his stamina kept the music's energy fresh and volatile." The Chicago Tribune calls Buckingham "an enigmatic rock'n'roll icon" whose tour is "worth the wait." The Austin American Statesman says Buckingham "mesmerizes and gets the crowd moving."

Critics have equally applauded "Under The Skin," hailing Buckingham's first solo album since 1992's "Out Of The Cradle" as "magnificent" (The Washington Post), "a stellar comeback" (Blender), and "a mesmerizing return to the side of Buckingham that birthed the proto-indie pop strangeness of 1979's 'Tusk'" (Rolling Stone).

Buckingham, the acknowledged musical visionary behind Fleetwood Mac, will release another solo album at the beginning of 2008. His recent television appearances include "Late Night with Conan O'Brien," "The Ellen Degeneres Show," PBS's "Tavis Smiley," "Soundstage," CBS's "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson," and CMT's "Crossroads," where he appears with country quartet Little Big Town. A special acoustic performance of "Big Love" from this year's Sundance Film Festival's "Where Music Meets Film" will air on the WE network June 4th at 10pm, featuring Buckingham along with other artists.

Lindsey Buckingham's Summer tour dates are as follows:

June 1 Santa Rosa, CA Wells Fargo Center for the Arts
June 2 Hanford, CA Fox Theater
June 3 Bakersfield, CA Fox Theater
June 6 Los Angeles, CA House of Blues
June 7 Anaheim, CA House of Blues
June 8 Mesa, AZ Mesa PAC
June 9 Las Vegas, NV The Joint
June 11 San Diego, CA Humphrey's
June 13 Ventura, CA Ventura Theater
June 14 Saratoga, CA The Mountain Winery
June 16 Lake Tahoe, NV Harrah's
June 17 Redding, CA Redding Convention Center
June 19 Portland, OR Aladdin Theater
June 20 Vancouver, BC Commodore Ballroom
June 22 Bellingham, WA Mount Baker Theatre
June 23 Spokane, WA Big Easy
June 24 Boise, ID Big Easy
June 26 Rapid City, SD Rushmore Civic Center
June 27 Sioux Falls, SD Washington Pavilion Arts Center
June 28 Fargo, ND Playmakers Pavilion
June 30 Milwaukee, WI Summerfest
For more information, please visit www.lindseybuckingham.com

For further information, please contact:
Reprise Records Publicity
Nikki Herceg
(615) 214-1489
nikki.herceg@wbr.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Reprise Records
Old 05-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Summerfest Info

http://www.summerfest.com/

I believe general admission is up to $15. It's an all day affair, you purchase a ticket to Summerfest on June 30th and you can see whomever you want all day. Lindsey is playing on a "free"(that is part of your $15 dollar admission) stage. There will be acts performing all day on the stage he is playing at. He is the headliner for that stage on that day. I'm not sure how popular he will be, the Goo Goo Dolls are playing that night at the same time. This may be a good thing for us Lindsey fans. However, there are only metal benches lined up in front of the stage, no actual seats. Everyone will stand on these benches, if this is not your type of situation be forewarned. Hope this helps!

Erin
Old 05-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Does anyone know where or how to get a ticket for June 30? I am not sure if I can go or not but I want to make sure that I get a ticket anyway.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1103929

It's a one-day ticket good for any day.......
Old 05-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebop View Post
http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1103929

It's a one-day ticket good for any day.......
Ahh, OK thanks. I was a bit confused when I first saw that TM page. I thought that it was only good for the first day of the Summerfest. I need another cup of coffee.

Last edited by WelshWitchPMD; 05-12-2007 at 12:38 PM..