User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Time

This album and line up is one of the most perplexed combinations. I know some fans really liked this, while most others seemed to loathe it. I like the album with the artists that recorded it....but I have a hard time accepting it as an FM album.

The reason for the post and my theory in regards to it "not" being a FM album opposed to BTM being one, is:

(If you own a copy) Check out the liner notes and the additional players listed. After each CM song, Michael Thompson – guitars on tracks 2, 5, 8, 10 & 12 is listed. And on some of the others tracks 3, 4 & 9, Steve Thoma – keyboards is listed.

Chris wasn't even present when they did the photo shoot, she is only pictured with Mick and John, not at all in a full group shot. I think I read somewhere that Chris didn't care for the idea of Dave Mason joining/recording with the band. Whether there is any truth to that, I have no idea, but I am very curious as to why and the circumstances surrounding why Chris was not present for the other band members' recordings.

It's almost as if CM recorded her vocals/keys and guitar and sent in the recordings to the band. Which, I believe isn't far from the truth. Now the same could be said about SN during TITN recording, and I would also have to agree with that.

Any thoughts or knowledge about the recording of Time?

Not many on here like to discuss, listen, or even acknowledge that Time existed. But, I actually like the album. I'd like some expert opinions from ChiliD, SteveMac, or any one else that would like to chime in. Thx.