User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-30-2021, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yep. Mick is just saying "everyone ever in FM" because he wants Lindsey in but doesn't necessarily want to throw Neil and Mike under the bus just yet. (and perhaps Vito since he played with him in Landon and usually i think does in his restaurant too.)

by everyone ever he doesn't really mean everyone ever in FM, he doesn't mean Billy, Rick, Bekka, Jeremy, etc etc.
Yep, Mickey is so obvious. This nonsense is all about opening up a Rumours 5 reunion. Hell, that isn't even critical, he just wants a tour/show with the three Rumours songwriters. He would dump John in a hot second if he wasn't interested.

At this point, he knows his best bet to make the most post-pandemic money is with the 1975-87; 1997; 2014-18 lineup. He knows that while Lindsey has made it clear he would return, there is no way he's going to join some ramshackle band made up of Bekka, Billy, Rick, Neil, Mike, and whoever else he can scam into joining it. "The power of these five people and the beautiful music we made together is just too strong a force for us to not come back one last time...we all just realized there is so much love between us that we had to play together again" and so on.

And of course I'd go see this mess too. Like a bad car wreck, I'm too invested to not at least have a look. My only hope would be, that if Lindsey somehow figures out a way to even want to go back and stand next to that witch on stage, the days of the fake hugs and kisses are done for good. Too much was spilled about the real state of their relationship over the years and they're both in their 70's. Just go on stage, play the damn songs, and none of this trash for the stupid 'shippers' who get horny for a relationship that ended 45 years ago.

Honestly, I'd rather Stevie tell them to go away and that she's done. A second BuckVie album released under the Fleetwood Mac name. And then a tour with the foursome (and the inevitable army of backing bands they'll need to support them) in smaller venues.
Old 03-30-2021, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Everyone means all alive current and former members, we would see 13 people on stage. Then it would be better if they sing We are the world.
Old 03-30-2021, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In the spirit of their bed hopping heyday they should just limit to to whoever has a carnal connection and that would mean having slept with each other or another band member's spouse. That would limit it to the Rumours five and the still musically active Dave Walker..there may be more of course but I am going with what we know for sure.

Old 03-30-2021, 03:51 PM
Villavic
This message has been deleted by Villavic. Reason: mistake
Old 03-30-2021, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
In the spirit of their bed hopping heyday they should just limit to to whoever has a carnal connection and that would mean having slept with each other or another band member's spouse. That would limit it to the Rumours five and the still musically active Dave Walker..there may be more of course but I am going with what we know for sure.
According to Billy’s book, your requirement would include him too, then. If this idea of Mick’s ever happens, I would love to see Rick return, as well.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
According to Billy’s book, your requirement would include him too, then. If this idea of Mick’s ever happens, I would love to see Rick return, as well.
Thanks ..I was not even aware he had a book. I figured that there were others that would meet the criteria .

Old 03-31-2021, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
At this point, he knows his best bet to make the most post-pandemic money is with the 1975-87; 1997; 2014-18 lineup. He knows that while Lindsey has made it clear he would return, there is no way he's going to join some ramshackle band made up of Bekka, Billy, Rick, Neil, Mike, and whoever else he can scam into joining it. "The power of these five people and the beautiful music we made together is just too strong a force for us to not come back one last time...we all just realized there is so much love between us that we had to play together again" and so on.
LOL. You’re right about Lindsey. He is eager for the 1975 crew, but he still makes fun of them about Pat Benatar. No way.
Old 03-31-2021, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Crowded House is touring Europe from June 2022 to July 3 2022. So should Neil be in lineup, perhaps they'd start performing in October as they've started the past 2 tours in that month.

*I know OWTS actually started with a private show in September and 2018 started at the iheartradio Festival in September
Old 03-31-2021, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick Fleetwood's Junk Drawer Tour 2021....
Old 03-31-2021, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Mick Fleetwood's Junk Drawer Tour 2021....
Maybe the old loser should try to put together something like Ringo Starr's All Star Band?

I'm sure he's only a couple months away from his next bankruptcy.

What a loser.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He knows that while Lindsey has made it clear he would return, there is no way he's going to join some ramshackle band made up of Bekka, Billy, Rick, Neil, Mike, and whoever else he can scam into joining it.
I just don’t see Lindsey’s wanting to participate in this sort of thing, either, Jim. He has no emotional connection with those people — when they were in the band, he was out. He shares no band heritage with them. Nor has he ever been a big cheerleader for the band in all its permutations as a historical oddity or an example of continuity. For Lindsey, the achievement and the thing to celebrate (or patch up) is the Rumours Five and the work they did over the years. All his talk about cycles and nostalgia and final chapters are for them, not the others.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-31-2021, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I just don’t see Lindsey’s wanting to participate in this sort of thing, either, Jim. He has no emotional connection with those people — when they were in the band, he was out. He shares no band heritage with them. Nor has he ever been a big cheerleader for the band in all its permutations as a historical oddity or an example of continuity. For Lindsey, the achievement and the thing to celebrate (or patch up) is the Rumours Five and the work they did over the years. All his talk about cycles and nostalgia and final chapters are for them, not the others.
I'd think the closest Lindsey would ever come at this point to cheerleading the historical aspect of Fleetwood Mac would be to do Oh Well again. I know most people tend to hate his interpretation of it, but I think it works and he does a good job of it. And even that's a stretch - he's only done it on one tour since 1982.

Imagine Lindsey sitting there strumming along to Don't Dream It's Over, Free Fallin', In the Back of My Mind, or Love is Dangerous? I just can't see it. Although after what went down, I'd never think I'd see the guy share a stage with Mick or Stevie again...so I guess if he'd consider that, maybe I'm wrong and he would be open to an all "star" version of the Mac.
Old 03-31-2021, 05:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
My only hope would be, that if Lindsey somehow figures out a way to even want to go back and stand next to that witch on stage, the days of the fake hugs and kisses are done for good. Too much was spilled about the real state of their relationship over the years and they're both in their 70's. Just go on stage, play the damn songs, and none of this trash for the stupid 'shippers' who get horny for a relationship that ended 45 years ago.
This is the truth. Part of me would want to see the Rumours 5 again, as it may very well be the last time, but the way they kicked Lindsey out and lied about it makes any kind of lovey-dovey reunion really gross to watch at this point. Lindsey always talked about the Eagles' business-only between guys who didn't like each other approach as a bad thing -- now I wish we could get that from FM. I don't know if I can stomach it. I wish I could unsee the fake romance from 1997-present anyway. Blech.
Old 03-31-2021, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
This is the truth. Part of me would want to see the Rumours 5 again, as it may very well be the last time, but the way they kicked Lindsey out and lied about it makes any kind of lovey-dovey reunion really gross to watch at this point. Lindsey always talked about the Eagles' business-only between guys who didn't like each other approach as a bad thing -- now I wish we could get that from FM. I don't know if I can stomach it. I wish I could unsee the fake romance from 1997-present anyway. Blech.
Anusha, it is wonderful to see you back. Do you hear from any of the old Ledge gang(s)?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-31-2021, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Then Rick is in.... in more ways than one
Old 03-31-2021, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Then Rick is in.... in more ways than one
Stevie I suppose? I should have taken her history more into consideration before I guessed at just six people. In fact if we include everyone who also didn't happen to be in Fleetwood Mac then there may be more people on the stage than in the audience.