The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-10-2020, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ In retrospect, the earliest sign Stevie had it with Lindsey was Feb 2017. She did The Last Word interview with RollingStone where she made it seem that Lindsey and Christine didn't wait for her to do an album "I've been on the road since September of '16 so I don't get their premise". You can't make sh*t like this up haha
When asked if she would do another album with FM, she said I don't think we'll do another album because no one will buy it. "What we do is do a ton of shows and make lots of money"
Old 12-10-2020, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
^ In retrospect, the earliest sign Stevie had it with Lindsey was Feb 2017. She did The Last Word interview with RollingStone where she made it seem that Lindsey and Christine didn't wait for her to do an album "I've been on the road since September of '16 so I don't get their premise". You can't make sh*t like this up haha
When asked if she would do another album with FM, she said I don't think we'll do another album because no one will buy it. "What we do is do a ton of shows and make lots of money"
the earliest sign Stevie had it with Lindsey was as soon as Christine came back. and then the 4 started working on FM album and had a great time. and then they dared to actually release it. that was it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-10-2020, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
the earliest sign Stevie had it with Lindsey was as soon as Christine came back. and then the 4 started working on FM album and had a great time. and then they dared to actually release it. that was it.
Yea. As thrilled as she claimed to be with Christine returning to FM, she still called Dave Stewart to make a record when she knew back in 2013 that Christine was returning in 2014. She could've done her Vault songs in January/February if she had to get an album done.

An FM album that would've been released in 14 or 15 would've been top 5 in the US.

Henley's solo record was originally reported to go to number 1 in 2015 but there was a factor that prevented that and I remember him expressing his disgust with that. It did do top 5 though

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 12-10-2020 at 09:04 PM..
Old 12-10-2020, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In 2013, Lindsey was going out of his way to be positive towards Stevie to convince her to do an album. Once Christine came back wanting to record, he seemed to have quit trying, maybe assuming Stevie would automatically want to do an album with the full lineup (I had that assumption). I think there was a perception that the balance of power had shifted towards Lindsey. It seemed like that from afar.

But then she got on the cover of Rolling Stone while they were trying to promote Christine’s return. In retrospect, I think that was the first sign of trouble on the horizon.

24KG still seems like a contractual obligation album.

Also, I don’t think she especially cared one way or the other about LBCM. However, when they got back together, the “Broadway show” aspect wasn’t there. Lindsey wasn’t playing along anymore.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-10-2020, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It could also be that Stevie would've made an album with the band if Christine had not come back.
After the 2013 tour, say Stevie does her thing in 14. Comes back to Mac to record in 15 and tour with Mac in 16.

I remember when she was doing Unleashed press she said just this one tour we're only doing songs you want to hear and the next time we tour we'll be playing a new album

I mean the SYW through EP years must've meant something to her. Those Say Goodbye Vegas 2013 tears were coming down like rain!
Old 12-10-2020, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My desire to see another Fleetwood Mac tour or album project of any kind has dwindled to nothing. Even if Stevie agreed, it would be maddening. Non stop 180 reversal and denial of everything that was said and done over the past two years. All in the name of projecting the image of a reunion and putting butts in seats. So gross.

The Buckingham Mcvie tour was awesome, I would show up for that again. If Lindsey does anything at all with any of them, I hope it’s sans Stevie. That ship has sailed.

My patience for her never ending bullsh*t has completely evaporated. The crap she spews is so predictable, it practically writes itself.

End of rant.

Last edited by BigAl84; 12-10-2020 at 10:12 PM..
Old 12-10-2020, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
My desire to see another Fleetwood Mac tour or album project of any kind has dwindled to nothing. Even if Stevie agreed, it would be maddening. Non stop 180 reversal and denial of everything that was said and done over the past two years. All in the name of projecting the image of a reunion and putting butts in seats. So gross.

The Buckingham Mcvie tour was awesome, I would show up for that again. If Lindsey does anything at all with any of them, I hope it’s sans Stevie. That ship has sailed.

My patience for her never ending bullsh*t has completely evaporated. The crap she spews is so predictable, it practically writes itself.

End of rant.
I was happy to see FM in 2014. That'll be my one and only Mac show. I jumped at the chance because I'd waited so long for Chris to come back and really wanted to see her with them one last time. After that, I lost interest, and quite frankly, Stevie's voice ain't gettin' any better.

That was a fun night; I don't regret going. But if I spend my money on anyone in the future, it'll be Lindsey or BuckVie.
Old 12-10-2020, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

End of rant.
Spot on. Every f*cking word.

It would be DISGUSTING if he went back. It's unbelievable that he wants to. What a pussy he is if he really does to go back to THAT. Makes me want to vomit if it's so. All the "integrity" he's stood for all these years is WHAT now? He's now $tevie's minion? It's f*cking disgusting.

I'm glad BuckVie was their final chapter for me. The perfect ending.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Sadly I do believe Lindsey will be back. I said this from the beginning. I can certainly hear Mick talking how the band needs him and how the band has always weathered personal differences, etc. Then Stevie will say their time is short and she has no time to hold grudges. Then they will launch their farewell tour sponsored by Depends.

There is a bit of irony here how Lindsey desperately wanted out of their dysfunction to stay away from the band for 10 years. Clearly the big money keeps him around too. But now the band cut ties with him claiming he was the dysfunction and its Lindsey reaching out to go back to the band.

I will say that Fleetwood Mac treats their "new" members worse than any band in music history. They are disposable as diapers. Mick always claims its a new chapter and they are here to stay even to make new music. But when it comes to making huge money instead of just money, he throws them overboard. He's even into doing that to his legacy guitarist Lindsey Buckingham.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

yup to all of this!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-11-2020, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
I was happy to see FM in 2014. That'll be my one and only Mac show. I jumped at the chance because I'd waited so long for Chris to come back and really wanted to see her with them one last time. After that, I lost interest, and quite frankly, Stevie's voice ain't gettin' any better.

That was a fun night; I don't regret going. But if I spend my money on anyone in the future, it'll be Lindsey or BuckVie.
I saw 3 shows between 2014-2015 and they were all great, I was thrilled to be there at that time.

So much has changed since then, which is why I really don't have any appetite to see another Fleetwood Mac tour.
Old 12-11-2020, 12:27 PM

It was clear that Christine coming back caused a lot of emotions in $tevie. Then they made an album without her... AND they put that little lovely film of
BuckVie which was the complete contrast of SYW "making of".

If LB did come back, and it's unclear if there's time for that. $he would make it about herself. "I told Lindsey, 'look this is our last chance. We have to put this all behind us for the good of the band. I told him, this is what the fans want.'"

"And I know I'm not the boss of this band, but I was the first to call him. The rest of the band wanted it, too."
Old 12-11-2020, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Spot on. Every f*cking word.

It would be DISGUSTING if he went back. It's unbelievable that he wants to. What a pussy he is if he really does to go back to THAT. Makes me want to vomit if it's so. All the "integrity" he's stood for all these years is WHAT now? He's now $tevie's minion? It's f*cking disgusting.

I'm glad BuckVie was their final chapter for me. The perfect ending.
...but I'd love it if he ever went back to a Fleetwood Mac without Stevie. I'd hate that he'd patched it up with Mick (which seems to be the case), but it would p!ss Stevie off so much if they ever did finally give her the boot.
It's far fetched, but not beyond reason. If Mick realises Stevie isn't going to provide him with a buck for the next 3 years, it wouldn't be beyond him to seek one last, half decent payday with a band featuring Lindsey.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 12-11-2020, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It was clear that Christine coming back caused a lot of emotions in $tevie. Then they made an album without her... AND they put that little lovely film of
BuckVie which was the complete contrast of SYW "making of".

If LB did come back, and it's unclear if there's time for that. $he would make it about herself. "I told Lindsey, 'look this is our last chance. We have to put this all behind us for the good of the band. I told him, this is what the fans want.'"

"And I know I'm not the boss of this band, but I was the first to call him. The rest of the band wanted it, too."
Yep and that's exactly the trite bullsh*t from her that has zapped all appetite to see any kind of a reunion.

It's been said ad nauseam, but when Stevie realized the shift in power with another voice in the band (Christine) everything went south.
Old 12-11-2020, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Sadly I do believe Lindsey will be back. I said this from the beginning. I can certainly hear Mick talking how the band needs him and how the band has always weathered personal differences, etc. Then Stevie will say their time is short and she has no time to hold grudges. Then they will launch their farewell tour sponsored by Depends.

There is a bit of irony here how Lindsey desperately wanted out of their dysfunction to stay away from the band for 10 years. Clearly the big money keeps him around too. But now the band cut ties with him claiming he was the dysfunction and its Lindsey reaching out to go back to the band.

I will say that Fleetwood Mac treats their "new" members worse than any band in music history. They are disposable as diapers. Mick always claims its a new chapter and they are here to stay even to make new music. But when it comes to making huge money instead of just money, he throws them overboard. He's even into doing that to his legacy guitarist Lindsey Buckingham.
lol, this part belongs in the commercial thread.

I can see it going either way. Historically, they've always found their way back to each other, if not to complete forgiveness. With the way Stevie is talking now about performing, I could see her saying exactly that: We don't have very much time, we may never see each other again. (Whassamattabaybeh?)

At the same time, Stevie seems determined to never speak to him again; to never even acknowledge their history, which again, is a dramatic statement in and of itself.

The tide does seem to be turning with this. I think the idea of yet another grand reunion is probably appealing to them because they know it will garner attention and satisfy a lot of fans. Breaking up and getting back together has always been good business for FM.

But I still won't be shelling out for a ticket.