The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-29-2004, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks SO much for posting that. I find myself hanging on her every word! She could read a cereal box and sound wonderful.
I wanna know why they had to recut Don't Stop though.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

she always sounds so cheerful and happy doesn't she?

She's still getting her dates in a twist though about The Dance and the Clinton inuaguration.

I thought it was Lindsey's solo album that prompted The Dance.

Gail
Old 09-30-2004, 06:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh

She's still getting her dates in a twist though about The Dance and the Clinton inuaguration.

I thought it was Lindsey's solo album that prompted The Dance.

Gail
I think this is unusual also. She always mentions the "Don't Stop" thing for the inauguration as to what led to the Dance. I've never ever heard her say anything at all about Lindsey's solo album. Mick & Lindsey always mention the Gift Of Screws sessions as to what led to the Dance.

And, "judicious airbrushing"

Last edited by macfan 57; 09-30-2004 at 06:30 AM..
Old 09-30-2004, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love that she threw that in there. Can you imagine Sxxxxx admitting that?
She needs a "close up director".
Chris is so down to earth. And I love her for that.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
I wanna know why they had to recut Don't Stop though.
That's the second or third time she has said that. I wonder what she means. The only explanation I can come up with is that I know Warner rereleased "Don't Stop" as a single to capitalize on the popularity from the campaign. I never actually bought the single or bothered listening to it (nor did anyone I know) because I figured it was just "Don't Stop" off "Rumours." But maybe it was a remix or something akin.

The band played the song live for the gala -- although maybe they went in with some backing tracks, too. It didn't really sound like much pre-taped or sequenced support going on. It was pretty rough, like in the old days. I just seriously doubt all five of them went into a studio to do any recording at that time. Chris says "we" & that might mean she, Lindsey (or not), & maybe an engineer or two.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love that she threw that in there. Can you imagine Sxxxxx admitting that?
She needs a "close up director".
No, I can't imagine her admitting to something like that. Remember all the fuss about Christine's album cover here on the Ledge earlier this year? Alot of fans remarked about the cover being airbrushed. In that radio interview, Chris actually admitted that it was airbrushed & even joked about it.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
. . . No, I can't imagine her admitting to something like that. Remember all the fuss about Christine's album cover here on the Ledge earlier this year? Alot of fans remarked about the cover being airbrushed. In that radio interview, Chris actually admitted that it was airbrushed & even joked about it.
That is so funny. It is okay for CM to use airbrushing as long as she jokes about it. But, damn that Stevie, LB, and the rest of FM for using it and NOT joking about it

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-30-2004, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That is so funny. It is okay for CM to use airbrushing as long as she jokes about it. But, damn that Stevie, LB, and the rest of FM for using it and NOT joking about it
Well, I think her "closeup director" pretty much says it all.
Don't ya'all have some twirling etiquette to talk about over on Stevie's board?
Old 09-30-2004, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
The band played the song live for the gala -- although maybe they went in with some backing tracks, too. It didn't really sound like much pre-taped or sequenced support going on. It was pretty rough, like in the old days. I just seriously doubt all five of them went into a studio to do any recording at that time. Chris says "we" & that might mean she, Lindsey (or not), & maybe an engineer or two.
That's my guess, too. Maybe she "means" re-edited, or remixed. For length, maybe.....
Old 09-30-2004, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind

and your point is?
Old 09-30-2004, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
That's the second or third time she has said that. I wonder what she means. The only explanation I can come up with is that I know Warner rereleased "Don't Stop" as a single to capitalize on the popularity from the campaign. I never actually bought the single or bothered listening to it (nor did anyone I know) because I figured it was just "Don't Stop" off "Rumours." But maybe it was a remix or something akin.
I have the "Don't Stop" cassette-single from 1993, and I don't recall there being anything at all different about it. I usually have a good ear for different versions/remixes, and I don't recall it sounding like anything other than the standard 'Rumours' album version.

Still, it's been an awfully long time since I've played it... I should dig it out again just to be sure.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Eh, just ignore it, Jason... Homer's merely trying to ruffle some feathers.

Of course, he picked an odd angle, given that Stevie's traditionally been the most open member of the band (re: her drug abuse, busted implants, weight gain, and so on).
And I'd figure that blatantly crediting your "close-up director" is pretty much an admittance that you've taken pains to look good.

Anyway... more power to ya, Homey! You do try so hard.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Eh, just ignore it, Jason... Homer's merely trying to ruffle some feathers.
I beg your pardon. We were simply POINTING OUT that Chris OFFERED the fact that the photos had been retouched. Something, IMO, that a princess would never do. That's why Christine is the Queen.
Not, a princess.
The thought of her hiring a closeup director, IMO, would repulse her. And me.
Long live the Queen!
Old 10-01-2004, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Long live the Queen!
Amen to that.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Of course, he picked an odd angle, given that Stevie's traditionally been the most open member of the band (re: her drug abuse, busted implants, weight gain, and so on).
Yes, but perspectives on this will vary. Much of it is in how one perceives it.

Did you ever read Agatha Christie's "Thirteen at Dinner"? Not to spoil it for anyone, but the major suspect is a flamboyant actress named Carlotta, who is quite friendly to people & even a great companion, but her conversation with others consists in recounting her own trials & tribulations, successes & squeakers. To say she loves to talk about herself is both an understatement & inaccurate, in a sense. In fact, she's a sociopath: she's unable to listen to other people or consider their point of view or their problems; they're merely cogs in her wheel of self-obsession. Expecting her to empathize with another person's life would be like expecting a fish to tap-dance.

Stevie's not sociopathic (she has a surfeit of feeling & empathy for other people). But what you see as openness with her decades of discussing one problem of hers after another & how she fought back from this & dealt with that (o/~ Ooh, in all of her wisdom ... o/~) strikes others as self-indulgence & self-obsession.

It could be argued that for Christine to casually toss off a self-depreciating but revealing comment like "those pictures are airbrushed" is as revealing & "open" as Stevie spending years pointing out her drug use or Lindsey continually emphasizing how leaving the band was a "survival move."

Have you ever had a friend or an acquaintance who just wasn't inclined to spill his or her guts, but who one day -- out of the blue -- made some brief revealing comment, & you thought, "Whoa"?