Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-19-2023, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Oh, so now it has to be be put on an album, too, and THEN a band with Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, and Christine McVie wouldn’t be Fakewood Mac. Got it.

And here I thought you guys were calling them Fakewood Mac because you were mad they kicked Lindsey out, but now I see- it’s because they performed two songs live in concert that they had never recorded on an album!
Mad is when you only have a few more slurps left of your Dairy Queen blizzard.

It was a train wreck burnt offering conspiracy. If Lindsey punched Stevie in the face and he was fired, many could understand and handle that. But we got drip by drip falsehoods and lies about this "new" band. They sold out their souls for money not to mention unlike other decisions to tour, this was planned, contract signed to include Lindsey. One member should not have that power of extortion over a band and recreate that band to their liking.
Old 01-19-2023, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

It was a train wreck burnt offering conspiracy. If Lindsey punched Stevie in the face and he was fired, many could understand and handle that. But we got drip by drip falsehoods and lies about this "new" band. They sold out their souls for money not to mention unlike other decisions to tour, this was planned, contract signed to include Lindsey. One member should not have that power of extortion over a band and recreate that band to their liking.
Eh, I’m not sure Mick wasn’t being serious about it being a “new band” (new chapter would have been more appropriate, but I’m not nitpicking something a 70-something says). I legitimately think he thought adding Mike and Neil would lead to a new album and maybe another run of live shows beyond the 18-19 tour. I mean, if I was trying to lure Stevie into the studio, I’d start with Mike Campbell, too. And Neil seems like he’d be easygoing enough to make it an enjoyable process.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-19-2023, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Eh, I’m not sure Mick wasn’t being serious about it being a “new band” (new chapter would have been more appropriate, but I’m not nitpicking something a 70-something says). I legitimately think he thought adding Mike and Neil would lead to a new album and maybe another run of live shows beyond the 18-19 tour. I mean, if I was trying to lure Stevie into the studio, I’d start with Mike Campbell, too. And Neil seems like he’d be easygoing enough to make it an enjoyable process.
I may be in the minority, but FIND YOUR WAY BACK HOME is a wonderful song.

That's not to say I wanted a new album from FAKEWOOD MAC, just really love that release.
Old 01-19-2023, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

That's not to say I wanted a new album from FAKEWOOD MAC, just really love that release.
How DARE you call them FAKEWOOD MAC!
Old 01-19-2023, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I dare pretty easily, as you can see.
Old 01-19-2023, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Anything that would’ve given us another album of Mick, John, and Christine together would’ve been fine with me.

It’s just humorous to me that fans of the TENTH incarnation of Fleetwood Mac are calling the 18-19 band Fakewood Mac. At least the Peter Green fans had a credible reason for saying that anything that came after Peter quit wasn’t really Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-19-2023, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When you hear that song do you think it sounds like Mick and John?

I'm not sure where Mike is in that song. Christine is only heard in the end.
Old 01-19-2023, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
We definitely disagree on that one. IMHO Mick could barely say that with a straight face. He was saying that trying to prop up the big lie. He was trying to give credibility for his actions. DID NOT BELIEVE A WORD OF IT

I would have bet my life in 2018 there would never be a studio recording or another tour with these "new" members. You are smarter than that Steve to really believe such crap.
Old 01-19-2023, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

I’m going to print this and frame it and hang it on my wall, right next to the chiffon shawl and tambourine! Finally!!
Old 01-19-2023, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They sang Don’t Dream It’s Over, Free Falling, and I Got You, and then dropped I Got You. So they’re not Fleetwood Mac because they sang two covers on the same tour? Like when they performed Blue Letter and the Farmer’s Daughter when Lindsey was with them? Those were cover songs as well. I think two or even three cover songs is pretty tolerable in a setlist of 22-24 songs, and hardly makes it a cover band. And for all the outrage people had about them singing cover songs, there were others who were just as outraged they performed any of Lindsey’s songs. The old damned if they do, damned if they don’t dilemma.
FM actually performed DDIO, IGY, and FF towards the end of the tour as well when the setlist was 20 songs.

Blue Letter was first released by Fleetwood Mac. It's like Talk To Me - that's a Stevie song. Blue Letter is a FM song. Farmer's Daughter is not an FM song.

I think those three covers should've been rare Stevie songs or even Billy or Rick songs instead. They really should have been new FM songs

Bottom line, there should have been at least one newly recorded song in the 2018 setlist. They were able to do it in 2013. No reason why they couldn't in 2018.
Old 01-19-2023, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

They sold out their souls for money not to mention unlike other decisions to tour, this was planned, contract signed to include Lindsey. One member should not have that power of extortion over a band and recreate that band to their liking.
See, I just can’t say that firing someone is comparable to “selling their souls.” And one member only had the power because three other people totally backed her up, so there’s that.

But your point about the Dairy Queen Blizzard is noted
Old 01-19-2023, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
FM actually performed DDIO, IGY, and FF towards the end of the tour as well when the setlist was 20 songs.

Blue Letter was first released by Fleetwood Mac. It's like Talk To Me - that's a Stevie song. Blue Letter is a FM song. Farmer's Daughter is not an FM song.

I think those three covers should've been rare Stevie songs or even Billy or Rick songs.

Bottom line, there should have been at least one newly recorded song in the 2018 setlist. They were able to do it in 2013. No reason why they couldn't in 2018.
Are you sure about I Got You? I know that was played in the early shows, but by the time I saw them in early November, that song, Hypnotized, and Storms had been dropped, all to my dismay.

I wish before the tour they had released an album with newly recorded versions of I Got You, Don’t Dream It’s Over, Hypnotized, Storms, Black Magic Woman, Isn’t It Midnight, Oh Well, All Over Again, Tell Me All the Things You So, Man of the World, Sentimental Lady, and a new song or two, but it didn’t happen. Maybe that would have helped keep the audience be more accepting of the songs they dropped early on, who knows?

I totally agree with you that it would have been awesome if they had performed some songs from Rick and Billy’s time with the band. I would have passed out right there on the floor. How I wish they had consulted me about their setlist beforehand LOL!
Old 01-19-2023, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We definitely disagree on that one. IMHO Mick could barely say that with a straight face. He was saying that trying to prop up the big lie. He was trying to give credibility for his actions. DID NOT BELIEVE A WORD OF IT

I would have bet my life in 2018 there would never be a studio recording or another tour with these "new" members. You are smarter than that Steve to really believe such crap.
Your bitterness has trumped your objectivity. You don’t add people with their backgrounds if recording wasn’t on the table. Mike is Stevie’s primary collaborator, Mick had just recorded an album with Neil, and Christine and Neil collaborated on new material on the road.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-19-2023, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Are you sure about I Got You? I know that was played in the early shows
They brought it back for the Oceana leg.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-19-2023, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Blue Letter was first released by Fleetwood Mac. It's like Talk To Me - that's a Stevie song.
“Talk To Me” was written by Chas Sandford who’s a professional songwriter and publisher. He specifically writes songs for others to sing. He also wrote John Waite's "Missing You.”

“Blue Letter” was another band’s song.

THE Stephen Hopkins