Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-18-2023, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
So, like, I really miss Christine. I’m still grieving.
Honestly I am too. I'm looking up old interviews on youtube, I'm watching the BBC documentary a few times a week, I'm listening to her songs a lot. I have Fleetwood Mac pictures sort of in various places in my house and sometimes I'll pass one and just have to stop and look at it for a while. I have a gorgeous picture of her and John as the lock screen on my phone. She's in my head a lot.

--Lis
Old 01-19-2023, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
So, like, I really miss Christine. I’m still grieving.
Seriously. The impact of her death continues to grow every day. A woman I never came closer than 100 feet of during my entire life. The world is a much worse place without her.
Old 01-19-2023, 04:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I miss her so much. I cried for hours on 11/30, but have been feeling just numb and dazed ever since. It doesn't feel real; part of me still can't believe it.

Even though I know logically my life isn't any different than if she were just retired, the world feels so bleak knowing she's not here anymore. It's fitting that so many of her songs mention the sun - it really hasn't been shining as brightly since she's been gone.
Old 01-19-2023, 05:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
apparently i transcribed the actual article, if that's the one - here's the post https://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showp...&postcount=128
looking through the discussion, i think the part that was cut out in CBS interview was when Chris said that she was flying to London and only heard about this when she landed. there are some other threads where the cutting out of some of Christine's statement(s) was discussed. that was surprising to people because the first statements were that the WHOLE band has decided they could not go on with Lindsey anymore. and then Christine came out and said she was not there, and was only told later.
Thanks........
Old 01-19-2023, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

In the spirit of Chris. No more fighting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-qcqn2yiN4
Old 01-19-2023, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Let me take a stab at this. The reason why the 2018 tour was so bitter and can be called fake was for several reasons. Its not the same to equate Lindsey, Christine, and Stevie's voluntary leaving the band with Lindsey's firing. No one had been fired from Fleetwood Mac since the early 70s. However the band was not firing just a guitarist like they did in the early 70s. Lindsey was the man behind the curtain, singer, songwriter, guitarist, and producer. When he came back he kept the band rolling and touring with SYW and Unleashed. Without him, it would have just been one big Stevie road show. But it gets worse. He was fired for the dumbest reason ever. At first the band could not even explain why Lindsey was not there. Their story kept changing. But it gets worse. Lindsey already signed the deal to tour with the band almost a year prior. Sure enough just as the band was supposed to start tour rehearsals, he gets fired and they hire/replace him with 2 unusual people. One of them was the late Tom Petty's guitarist who Stevie felt great loyalty to. The whole think just stinks so bad. This was not Lindsey's choice. He was kicked to the curb on what would be Fleetwood Mac's LAST bloody tour. Its outrageous, dumb, and just plain silly. Wait, it gets worse. This incarnation of the band performed Lindsey song from the stage. They had no shame. For all of the reasons above, this court is ruling that its proper to call them Fakewood Mac.
Let us not forget that Stevie wanted to replace Christine with Sheryl Crow. She brought her back up singers to Fleetwood Mac. And she finally brought one of her guitarists to Fleetwood Mac. It really should be called StevieMac.
Yes...this! I was going to post pretty much the same thing. It's not just the replacements that made the whole thing fake, it was the entire premise and how it was handled.

Mick's "new band" comments....fake

"We don't like to use that word(fired)"...fake

"We weren't happy" comments....fake. Stevie wasn't happy. Heck, Christine wasn't even aware when/where the axe was swung.

"I'm not the boss in this band"...bwahahahaha fake.

The Tom Petty tribute...fake. I'm sorry, IMO she's exploiting her friendship with Tom to use Free Falling as an easy peasy show stopper moment. Mike didn't even want to do it. People here can flame me for this, it's ok. They knew the set needed as many feel good moments as they could get.

The infamous Lindsey "smirk".....fake. It was the whole band.

"A new chapter to revisit our blues roots"....mostly fake. Most of it was cut from the setlist by mid-tour.

Filling the setlist with crowded house and split enz tunes....fake. Why not call it Mick Fleetwood and His All Star Band instead?

Back to the topic, it still seems surreal that Christine is gone and I think of her all the time. It's heartbreaking that she won't pop up in a new interview or the opportunity for all 5 of them to be together is now forever lost.

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-19-2023 at 09:39 AM..
Old 01-19-2023, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Yes...this! I was going to post pretty much the same thing. It's not just the replacements that made the whole thing fake, it was the entire premise and how it was handled.

"We weren't happy" comments....fake. Stevie wasn't happy. Heck, Christine wasn't even aware when/where the axe was swung.

The Tom Petty tribute...fake. I'm sorry, IMO she's exploiting her friendship with Tom to use Free Falling as an easy peasy show stopper moment. Mike didn't even want to do it. People here can flame me for this, it's ok. They knew the set needed as many feel good moments as they could get.

"A new chapter to revisit our blues roots"....mostly fake. Most of it was cut from the setlist by mid-tour.

Filling the setlist with crowded house and split enz tunes....fake. Why not call it Mick Fleetwood and His All Star Band instead?

Back to the topic, it still seems surreal that Christine is gone and I think of her all the time. It's heartbreaking that she won't pop up in a new interview or the opportunity for all 5 of them to be together is now forever lost.
It also annoys me and many others Stevie's assumption and acknowledgement she is the lead singer and the masses will not attend concerts without her. Only a lead singer in a band could pull this off.
Let me explain. Bands fire members all the time. Bon Jovi fired their keyboard player when the band was almost at its peak. If you are routinely drunk, wont practice, or steal from the band, etc. Those are good reasons to fire someone. However imagine if only one member of the band wanted the keyboard player fired. They would have no power unless the rest of the members agreed. A lead singer like Steve Perry or Jon Bon Jovi can do that to their band. If you dont agree with my terms, I quit. The band cant perform without their lead singer. Of all those years of Fleetwood Mac trying to make it look like Stevie was not the lead singer i.e. only giving her 3 songs per album and never giving her a lead off single, etc came back to haunt them. The chickens came back to roost and the band wilted like a dead flower. Stevie really was saying, its my band, I call the shots, its my way or the highway. Worse still is she let Mick do the deed almost like a mafia boss.
Old 01-19-2023, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
It also annoys me and many others Stevie's assumption and acknowledgement she is the lead singer and the masses will not attend concerts without her. Only a lead singer in a band could pull this off.
Let me explain. Bands fire members all the time. Bon Jovi fired their keyboard player when the band was almost at its peak. If you are routinely drunk, wont practice, or steal from the band, etc. Those are good reasons to fire someone. However imagine if only one member of the band wanted the keyboard player fired. They would have no power unless the rest of the members agreed. A lead singer like Steve Perry or Jon Bon Jovi can do that to their band. If you dont agree with my terms, I quit. The band cant perform without their lead singer. Of all those years of Fleetwood Mac trying to make it look like Stevie was not the lead singer i.e. only giving her 3 songs per album and never giving her a lead off single, etc came back to haunt them. The chickens came back to roost and the band wilted like a dead flower. Stevie really was saying, its my band, I call the shots, its my way or the highway. Worse still is she let Mick do the deed almost like a mafia boss.

That reminds me...I should add to my list:

"I'm not the boss of this band"...REALLY fake

I would have had way more respect for all of them had they just explained exactly what happened (I know, that was never going to happen) The PR spin job they attempted to pull off was so cringe worthy and not even done well.

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-19-2023 at 09:43 AM..
Old 01-19-2023, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
Honestly I am too. I'm looking up old interviews on youtube, I'm watching the BBC documentary a few times a week, I'm listening to her songs a lot. I have Fleetwood Mac pictures sort of in various places in my house and sometimes I'll pass one and just have to stop and look at it for a while. I have a gorgeous picture of her and John as the lock screen on my phone. She's in my head a lot.

--Lis
She’s been in my head a lot for decades but, like you, she’s in it even more now. Decades ago, I bought a bunch of band photos of the Kiln House tour band, a couple of Heroes tour pics, and a couple of 1975 pics. The ones with her on them are displayed in my house. I stop and fade at them the way I would for a lost relative.
Old 01-19-2023, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Seriously. The impact of her death continues to grow every day. A woman I never came closer than 100 feet of during my entire life. The world is a much worse place without her.
Same here. And thank you for saying this. I’m not alone in my grief!
Old 01-19-2023, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie View Post
I miss her so much. I cried for hours on 11/30, but have been feeling just numb and dazed ever since. It doesn't feel real; part of me still can't believe it.

Even though I know logically my life isn't any different than if she were just retired, the world feels so bleak knowing she's not here anymore. It's fitting that so many of her songs mention the sun - it really hasn't been shining as brightly since she's been gone.
Ditto, Karlie! Your sun observation hits home for me: I live in one of the cloudiest cities in the US—and when I hear her voice it’s like an iron-deficient person eating spinach!
Old 01-19-2023, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post

"I'm not the boss in this band"...bwahahahaha fake.

Even if I agreed with all the things you just said, the simple fact is that a band with Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, and Christine McVie is Fleetwood Mac. Regardless of who else is in the band. I don’t understand the logic that because one member of the band was fired means they’re no longer FM, especially considering said member wasn’t even a founding member; ergo, it was Fleetwood Mac BEFORE Lindsey was a member, so naturally it would be Fleetwood Mac after Lindsey wasn’t a member, whether he chose to leave or was kicked out.

The idea that Mick, John, and Christine should have changed the name of their band because Lindsey was gone is ridiculous. The Go-Go’s didn’t change their name when they fired Kathy Valentine (which was a good thing because they made up and she rejoined a few years later); Chicago has had a number of members quit or be let go, and it’s still Chicago. Applying that same logic, shouldn’t Mick, John, Stevie, and Lindsey have changed the band name when Christine left and they recorded Say You Will? Why don’t folks call that incarnation of the band Fakewood Mac. It’s the double standard that perplexes me.
Old 01-19-2023, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Even if I agreed with all the things you just said, the simple fact is that a band with Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, and Christine McVie is Fleetwood Mac. Regardless of who else is in the band. I don’t understand the logic that because one member of the band was fired means they’re no longer FM, especially considering said member wasn’t even a founding member; ergo, it was Fleetwood Mac BEFORE Lindsey was a member, so naturally it would be Fleetwood Mac after Lindsey wasn’t a member, whether he chose to leave or was kicked out.

The idea that Mick, John, and Christine should have changed the name of their band because Lindsey was gone is ridiculous. The Go-Go’s didn’t change their name when they fired Kathy Valentine (which was a good thing because they made up and she rejoined a few years later); Chicago has had a number of members quit or be let go, and it’s still Chicago. Applying that same logic, shouldn’t Mick, John, Stevie, and Lindsey have changed the band name when Christine left and they recorded Say You Will? Why don’t folks call that incarnation of the band Fakewood Mac. It’s the double standard that perplexes me.
If they're going to choose covers over Fleetwood Mac material, why are they going out as Fleetwood Mac?

I think you're missing the point that it's not just the absence of one member that has caused people to call it "Fakewood"
Old 01-19-2023, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was listening to Classic Vinyl yesterday driving and they played Over my Head. After the song, the DJ said it's still a punch in the gut that Christine is gone, and then also mentioned Jeff Beck and Lisa Presley.

It's just surreal and I can't imagine what John and Mick are going through.

I know Lindsey respected and loved Chris also, I am looking forward to his next album, Oh the stories he will tell. I'm never sure about Stevie. I know she is heartbroken, but I'm sure she is thinking about her own mortality. How long do I have? It's just beyond sad that Chris is gone and we never got a final Fleetwood Mac album. The possibilites.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 01-19-2023, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I was listening to Classic Vinyl yesterday driving and they played Over my Head. After the song, the DJ said it's still a punch in the gut that Christine is gone, and then also mentioned Jeff Beck and Lisa Presley.

It's just surreal and I can't imagine what John and Mick are going through.

I know Lindsey respected and loved Chris also, I am looking forward to his next album, Oh the stories he will tell. I'm never sure about Stevie. I know she is heartbroken, but I'm sure she is thinking about her own mortality. How long do I have? It's just beyond sad that Chris is gone and we never got a final Fleetwood Mac album. The possibilites.
Her songs take on a whole new meaning for me. And Fleetwood Mac becomes more Christine to me every day since her passing. She's definitely not dead, she's flown.
What a beautiful body of work she's left behind. On top of that, she's not tarnished her legacy with power greed, fame greed. She just stood back, wrote songs, played her music and gave us gold and a bunch of sass. She's truly my hero.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-19-2023 at 10:43 AM..