Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Carol Lynn,

Sorry about your car, but if it had to happen, at least the timing was good. That time of night, it would have been awful to stop on your ride home. And the car knew better than to stop on the way to the show.

Michele
I was thinking the exact same thing. But more along the lines that destiny or dare I say it, divine intervention was at play. Not only was there a hotel directly across the street but there was a tire store that also did radiator work two doors down from the hotel. No towing fee no engine damage. The hotel was nice enough to give me a late check out so I got to chill in the room until it was time to pick up my car. Nothing worse than sitting for seven hours in a repair shop waiting room especially one that smells of new tires. And, I was able to leave San Diego in time to miss the horrible rush hour traffic that can keep you on the I 15 for hours. And,lastly when the lights went down, and I was able to climb over the seat in front of me (Security wouldn't let anyone but the front row up before the lights went down.) to get to the stage, the couple who had been standing in front of Lindsey's mike suddenly left and I was able to move right into their space just before the lights went up. I feel very blessed indeed. Praise God for Sunday.

Sorry wrong David. I meant the super fan from Minnesota who was coming out for Staples, Vegas, and Diego.

Well, it's back to the usual grind.

Carol Lynn
SoCalGal
Old 06-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Nice review Michelle-

I have a few things to add. I was there in row 4 center. Had perfect view of both Stevie and Lindsey, and they of me and Kim! We probably coulda moved up closer to the stage but chose to stay where we were. I love that eye contact too much!
Yes, standing right next to the stage your view is really limited and, oh, the neck pain from looking straight up for over 2 hours.

Those ILAA packages got me first row in Long Island, 10th row in Anaheim (which was a complete robbery), 3rd row in Phoenix and 1st row in San Diego. I can't say I had a clear view of the stage from 1st row, because of all the people they let up and only the tall ones want to stand in front of me. Although I'm not short, it's a real hassle.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I saw Lee Lee before the show sitting with the sound/light guys with head phones on. I saw her years ago when I by chance met Lindsey at the MGM in Vegas. She looked about 5-6 older now than then, so it had to be her. Cute little kid.
I'd have loved to have seen her.

Michele
Old 06-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

landslide @ diego
Old 06-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed. I never thought Stevie was bad. I thought she was fine on opening night, just subdued, but yes she is much improved. Which is not to imply that she needed a lot of improvement. She did not. Still, she is definitely throwing herself into Rhiannon, GDW, Landslide, SB and Silver Springs wholeheartedly, hitting notes, holding notes, changing words.

Michele
It's a good point Michele. I really enjoyed Stevie's performance in Chicago and the friends with me who didn't know the band too well were really taken with her. But there is a difference now, she seems to be asserting herself on the stage more and her efforts on GDW and Landslide were certainly worth the ticket money.

At this rate the band should sound superb for the Autumn (Fall) in Europe.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew_Matthews View Post

At this rate the band should sound superb for the Autumn (Fall) in Europe.
Although after a few months of break time, I'm afraid they might be just a little rusty. Oh, well. I suppose they will rehearse for at least a month before the shows start again. They might even put a new song into the setlist.

Michele
Old 06-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They might even put a new song into the setlist.

Michele
I don't think so. Sara will be new for the Europeans - the band will count that as a new song!
Old 06-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default San Diego

I respectfully disagree about where is the best place to be is. For me, it's looking, as Sprigsteen said, (right) "into the sights of the sun...that's where the fun is." A blue eyed son's sights that is. Personally, I, for one, had no problem with eye contact in San Diego at the stage. In fact, at one point, some thirty something guy behind me tapped me on the shoulder to tell me that Lindsey was literally eye f$@&ing me most of the night and he thought that it was really cool (or words to that effect). I still feel the burn from that son's sights and that's where the fun is for me. 'nuff said.

Carol Lynn
SoCalGal
Old 06-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
Lindsey was literally eye f$@&ing me most of the night
Oooooo...and didn't you mention something about being pulled on stage? Tell us more!
Old 06-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
Oooooo...and didn't you mention something about being pulled on stage? Tell us more!
Nikki,

Not what I said. I said I pulled Lindsey toward the edge of the stage when he grabbed onto my out stretched fingers.

The only other thing that happened was the people behind me started fawning all over me thinking, I guess, that some of Lindsey's attention might spill over onto them by association. They were putting their arms around me, high fiving me and one of them starting playing with my hair telling me how nice it was, and another one of them one told me I was hot for sixty and gave me a kiss on the cheek. A bit over the top but that's what happened.

Carol Lynn
SoCalGal
Old 06-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Personally, I, for one, had no problem with eye contact in San Diego at the stage. l
I could make eye contact with Lindsey if I wanted, but I was talking about seeing the show, not eye contact. In fact, usually, if I feel he is looking at me I look away. I generally like to see the whole stage. I want an unobstructed frontal view of Lindsey and Stevie at the same time. Panoramic.

I stood right in front of my seat. The guy next to me was with his wife and mother and they had been standing at the stage, but when the show started he moved back and he called his mother to move back with him and told her she could see better the farther back she stood. I don't know if his mother actually wanted to move or not, but she did as she was told.

Michele
Old 06-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
I could make eye contact with Lindsey if I wanted, but I was talking about seeing the show, not eye contact. In fact, usually, if I feel he is looking at me I look away. I generally like to see the whole stage. I want an unobstructed frontal view of Lindsey and Stevie at the same time. Panoramic.

I stood right in front of my seat. The guy next to me was with his wife and mother and they had been standing at the stage, but when the show started he moved back and he called his mother to move back with him and told her she could see better the farther back she stood. I don't know if his mother actually wanted to move or not, but she did as she was told.

Michele
Not me. I stare right back and seldom break the chain! I love communicating with my eyes anyway and so, obviously, does Lindsey. What more can you say? All harmless fun. Everyone has a good time and that is what it is all about; making memories and sharing the moment.

Carol Lynn
SoCalGal
Old 06-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not me. I stare right back and seldom break the chain! I love communicating with my eyes anyway and so, obviously, does Lindsey. What more can you say? All harmless fun. Everyone has a good time and that is what it is all about; making memories and sharing the moment.

Carol Lynn
SoCalGal
Well, Lindsey DOES look around a lot more than Stevie does, even down towards those right at the edge of the stage, so I believe you probably had no trouble getting eye contact from him. He seems to always be LOOKING for someone to have eye contact with! Stevie's a different story though, and that's why we stayed back in row 4 (we actually moved up to 3, 1/2 way through the show). It's fun because sometimes you'll look away and when you look back one of them was looking at you and your like, OMG! (or at least that's how it is for me.)

Anyone notice the boots Stevie had on? They were really wierd - like the frankenboks but all the way up to her knee? They've been modified I guess. Whatever works for her though.

Does anyone know if audio or video exists of this show (beside the youtube stuff)??

~jamie
Old 06-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, and I'm SO having withdrawals today!! Worse than I expected too. SO sad that it's over.

I'm hoping they will will swing back down to SoCal at the end of their tour. They've done that before.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, Lindsey DOES look around a lot more than Stevie does, even down towards those right at the edge of the stage, so I believe you probably had no trouble getting eye contact from him. He seems to always be LOOKING for someone to have eye contact with!
Yeah, that's his thing. I felt a little guilty when I was taking pictures of Stevie during Stand Back, because I'd rather be looking at Lindsey mouthing the words "I need a little sympathy" to those in his area. He's so funny.

Michele
Old 06-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Lindsey Watching

Quote:
Oh, and I'm SO having withdrawals today!! Worse than I expected too. SO sad that it's over.

I'm hoping they will will swing back down to SoCal at the end of their tour. They've done that before.
We can only dream. I know what you mean. What I do to ease the pain of withdrawal is a little bit of hair of the dog that bit me. I find another concert to go to locally to distract me if nothing else.

For instance: Sunday, I have a front row seat for George Thorogood at Pechanga, then Dave Mason with Mark & Brian of KLOS next Friday at Morongo. In July I'm seeing John Fogerty at the Bowl, Rick Springfield at PacAmp and in August Jackson Browne at the Greek, Journey at San Manuel Amp, two back to back Foreigner concerts one at Moronogo the other in Thousand Oaks (That's a Meet & Greet), and finally DefLep, in early September at the San Manuel Amp.

Hopefully by that time, either the Eagles will be back in SoCal (Timothy B can easily distract me. He's another one I love to get an eye lock on.) and I can take another trip down the long road out of Eden and/or the Mac will unleash itself upon us SoCalGals one more time before heading off for Europe.

Yes, ma'am, I'll be watching and waiting, and quietly anticipating, and if Lindsey wants someone to stare at all night again I'll be there. You bet that I know that I'm in Trouble, Over My Head, Down on Rodeo Slow Dancing in the Bel Air Rain Waiting To Try For the Sun one more time with those blue gray eyes that change with the color, change with the sun. Ah, me. Time Precious Time.

Carol Lynn
SoCalGal,