User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post
can i tell you, that as i was reading this i was imagining it in my head and then i started to cry.....i would absolutely love for this to happen, but what an intense ending to Fleetwood Mac...ending..i can't believe i just said that. But the whole video montage, "BIG LOVE" thing...genius.
To me, the driving force behind Fleetwood Mac has been the emotional intensity behind the songs. Take the chain for instance, you can't get more intense than the second half of that song. Which is why I feel like kicking a shetland pony when people refer to FM as "soft rock"(kicks pony).

Anyway, the reason that the encore/showcase section is so intense, is because IF(a very big if) this was the final shows of FM, it would be Stevie, Lindsay, and Christine's last chance to express their emotions toward each other on stage. Their FINAL chance to have a "silver springs" moment.

The theme of the setlist is uncovering this "emotion" as the band plays songs from various periods of their career. By the time they reach the encores, this emotion has been fully revealed, and the audience is face to face with the raw, unleashed fleetwood mac. This pain reaches apex with the "coming-of-age" of Edge of Seventeen. Like the songs protagonist, FM must leave behind the past, and enter a new, uncertain future. When the song ends, we are hit with the full impact of all of the pain the band has been through over the years.
However, the band comes to terms with the pain, and finds calm solace in the future during the acapella songbird. No matter what happens in the future, they will always have the memories of the best times of FM, and their bonds of friendship, to help them overcome any obstacle the future presents.

'That is how Fm should end. NOt with nostalgia, or spectacle, but with comforting closure.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

(This is what I think the Unleashed tour would have looked like with Christine in the mix)

01 Monday Morning
02 The Chain
03 Dreams
04 Say You Love Me
05 I Know I'm Not Wrong
06 Gypsy
07 Oh Daddy
08 Rhiannon
09 Second Hand News
10 Little Lies
11 Tusk
12 Sara
13 Big Love [Acoustic]
14 Never Going Back Again [Acoustic]
15 Landslide [Acoustic]
16 Over My Head [Acoustic]
17 You Make Loving Fun
18 Gold Dust Woman
19 Think About Me (or Hold Me)
20 I'm So Afraid
21 Silver Springs
22 Go Your Own Way

23 World Turning
24 Don't Stop

25 Sisters Of The Moon

26 Songbird

There a ton of other songs that I would LOVE to hear live, but I think that had Christine been with the band this setlist would be pretty realistic...

Last edited by Andy Man; 04-01-2010 at 10:32 PM..
Old 04-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomsonfire21 View Post
To me, the driving force behind Fleetwood Mac has been the emotional intensity behind the songs. Take the chain for instance, you can't get more intense than the second half of that song. Which is why I feel like kicking a shetland pony when people refer to FM as "soft rock"(kicks pony).

Anyway, the reason that the encore/showcase section is so intense, is because IF(a very big if) this was the final shows of FM, it would be Stevie, Lindsay, and Christine's last chance to express their emotions toward each other on stage. Their FINAL chance to have a "silver springs" moment.

The theme of the setlist is uncovering this "emotion" as the band plays songs from various periods of their career. By the time they reach the encores, this emotion has been fully revealed, and the audience is face to face with the raw, unleashed fleetwood mac. This pain reaches apex with the "coming-of-age" of Edge of Seventeen. Like the songs protagonist, FM must leave behind the past, and enter a new, uncertain future. When the song ends, we are hit with the full impact of all of the pain the band has been through over the years.
However, the band comes to terms with the pain, and finds calm solace in the future during the acapella songbird. No matter what happens in the future, they will always have the memories of the best times of FM, and their bonds of friendship, to help them overcome any obstacle the future presents.

'That is how Fm should end. NOt with nostalgia, or spectacle, but with comforting closure.

i love the way you think! but i hate to be a nag......but.....LindsEy.....not LindsAy.......

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 04-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post
i love the way you think! but i hate to be a nag......but.....LindsEy.....not LindsAy.......
I sometimes use a pic of Lindsey, as my Facebook profile pic, and my high school girlfriend sent me a message, about how much she loved my LindsAy pic.

I scolded her, and told her that she'd be eaten alive, on the FM boards, by misspelling his name! She was like, "I almost looked it up, before I messaged you!"

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 04-02-2010 at 01:21 PM..
Old 04-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I sometime use a pic of Lindsey, as my Facebook profile pic, and my high school girlfriend sent me a message, about how much she loved my LindsAy pic.

I scolded her, and told her that she'd be eaten alive, on the FM boards, by misspelling his name! She was like, "I almost looked it up, before I messaged you!"
haha niiiiiiicee. My friends do that all the time, and my best friend's name is LindsAy, so if i'm talking about Mr. Buckingham i have to be like, "Lindsey with an e"

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 04-02-2010, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I scold people for using LindsAy, so to avoid confusion I call him Liddy. Try shouting 'IT'S LIDDY' when FM comes on in HMV and not getting trange looks

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr