Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-14-2021, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Two Re-Issues coming?

Just saw an instagram post from Rhino about a not one, but two album deal for reissues of RAL and TOSOTM! While RAL is certainly not my favourite, there are so many great songs from the period that were scrapped which would be awesome to hear cleaned up versions. Running Through the Garden and You Like Me come to mind. Same with TOSOTM, what lurks in the outtakes that we've never heard before? I think of the Wild Heart with the unknown Sorcerer outtake, which was not only wonderful but a welcomed surprise. Same potential exists for these two albums. I can't wait, I can't wait.
Old 05-14-2021, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds great. I hope they add some live stuff from somewhere, too, and good photos.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-14-2021, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh man, I have been hoping for this ever since Bella Donna and The Wild Heart got the Deluxe treatment! I really really really wish they would rerelease the Red Rocks video untouched (without the reshot close ups) and unedited with more songs, such as I Can’t Wait, etc. but I know that’ll never happen. Might get an audio though, like we did on BD. Behind the Mask is my #1 wish for a Deluxe, but RAL and TOSOTM are #2 and 3!
Old 05-14-2021, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Sounds great. I hope they add some live stuff from somewhere, too, and good photos.
There's definitely enough live material from both tourss to give us a 3rd CD a la the Bella Donna reissue. *fingers crossed*
Old 05-15-2021, 02:28 AM
Ledgie

This is so exciting!!! I have been waiting for years for these too and to think it might finally be happening is really fantastic. There is so much extra material from Rock a Little, it could be a treasure trove for die hard fans!
Old 05-15-2021, 05:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Reconsider Me, Running Through Garden, lady From The Mountain, Mirror Mirror, soundtrack cuts, what else? Didn’t she basically abandon a record with Jimmy in between her last album and RAL? She could add Needles and Pins and Insider from same era off the Tom Petty Live album.
Old 05-15-2021, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
Reconsider Me, Running Through Garden, lady From The Mountain, Mirror Mirror, soundtrack cuts, what else? Didn’t she basically abandon a record with Jimmy in between her last album and RAL? She could add Needles and Pins and Insider from same era off the Tom Petty Live album.
Yeah the Mirror Mirror album. It was a few weeks away from release in the summer of 1984. They should release it in it's entirety on a RAL deluxe but I know that will not happen.

Old 06-16-2021, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The sad part is one of your friends said that Rhino bought some OSOTM Masters from him a few years ago so what we can expect from that is what we already have, or what you and a few others purchased many a moon ago.
Old 06-16-2021, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Story time...
15+ years ago, all sorts of master reels showed up on ebay as a result of Modern Records being dissolved/sold off. I'm not sure how they actually wound up on ebay, but they did. Long story short, several groups of fans pooled money, purchased them, and had them transferred.

Also along the way, folks reached out to Stevie's management to make them aware that all of these master reels were hitting the market. They apparently showed zero interest. I'm curious if they had safety copies of everything and that's why they chose not to intervene?
Old 06-17-2021, 08:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

It's a shame we won't get a re-release of RAL.

I remember buying the import 12" single for ICW from a small record store in my hometown in Indiana. What an experience! The version of 'Rock a Little" on that single was (and still is) the best version of it. I loved the single so much that I bought a second copy. Then, when the US 12" single came out, I ordered that too.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snroxman View Post
It's a shame we won't get a re-release of RAL.
It's a shame we won't get a Happy Pride Month post from her 18 days into the month but there are just some things she won't do. A couple of RAL tracks were remastered for her Stand Back 1981-2017 along with her other albums so I look at that compilation as her final "re-issue".
I think The Dance and SYW will get a reissue by Rhino next with bonus material.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
Just saw an instagram post from Rhino about a not one, but two album deal for reissues of RAL and TOSOTM! While RAL is certainly not my favourite, there are so many great songs from the period that were scrapped which would be awesome to hear cleaned up versions. Running Through the Garden and You Like Me come to mind. Same with TOSOTM, what lurks in the outtakes that we've never heard before? I think of the Wild Heart with the unknown Sorcerer outtake, which was not only wonderful but a welcomed surprise. Same potential exists for these two albums. I can't wait, I can't wait.
I can't find this instagram post anywhere. You sure you saw it or is this wishful thinking?
Old 05-21-2021, 03:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I can't find this instagram post anywhere. You sure you saw it or is this wishful thinking?
I believe it was actually on Rhino’s Twitter, not Insta.
Old 06-10-2021, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Nope.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but I just spoke will Bill Inglot from Rhino today. I brought up these reissues again (like I did back in January 2020) and he said no, there isn't any headway and she hasn't approved anything or given them the "go ahead" to produce any expanded or deluxe editions of RAL or TOSOTM.

Actually his exact words last year were "We tried to get these produced but she isn't interested." And today it was "Afraid not. No approvals from her on any future projects at the moment."

I usually run into him once a year. I'll ask again in 2022. LOL
Old 06-10-2021, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but I just spoke will Bill Inglot from Rhino today. I brought up these reissues again (like I did back in January 2020) and he said no, there isn't any headway and she hasn't approved anything or given them the "go ahead" to produce any expanded or deluxe editions of RAL or TOSOTM.

Actually his exact words last year were "We tried to get these produced but she isn't interested." And today it was "Afraid not. No approvals from her on any future projects at the moment."

I usually run into him once a year. I'll ask again in 2022. LOL
I knew this was untrue. Thanks.