Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-07-2022, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
If you think $he wouldn't have Irving put the kibosh on anything of which $he didn't approve, you're delusional.

PS- your Chiffon slip is showing.
Well she edited out one major thing we know of. She didn't like the way he made her look when he smirked. hahahahahaha!!
Old 01-07-2022, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Don't presume you can tell me what to do. Because you can't.

Stevie now owns the band. She'll stop anything she doesn't want released, or threaten to quit again.
Oh, so you were just trolling. Got it.
Old 01-07-2022, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Speaking of lost footage, the in depth rehearsal interviews that are on youtube are fascinating to watch today. I never saw them until about 15 years ago. Entertainment Tonight only showed a few seconds of this giant long interview and its interesting to watch. Clearly money brought them back together. The Eagles made a fortune on their reunion and now it was their turn. Both Lindsey's and Stevie's solo careers were floundering. Mick always needs money so of course he was game. Chris was a team player but you can tell she was not thrilled. Its amazing how fast $tevie forgave Mick over the Silver Springs debacle to kiss his ass for this gig.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Speaking of lost footage, the in depth rehearsal interviews that are on youtube are fascinating to watch today. I never saw them until about 15 years ago. Entertainment Tonight only showed a few seconds of this giant long interview and its interesting to watch. Clearly money brought them back together. The Eagles made a fortune on their reunion and now it was their turn. Both Lindsey's and Stevie's solo careers were floundering. Mick always needs money so of course he was game. Chris was a team player but you can tell she was not thrilled. Its amazing how fast $tevie forgave Mick over the Silver Springs debacle to kiss his ass for this gig.
which ones do you mean?

the one where Lindsey spontaneously kisses her on the head??

"he fell for her again
she watched it happen"
Old 01-08-2022, 03:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Oh, so you were just trolling. Got it.
Keep pushing on.
Old 01-08-2022, 06:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

⬆️ This.

If you watch the whole lot, it is very clear what the driving factor was.

And Christine just seems so unimpressed throughout the whole thing: you can see that look she presumably gave when they asked her about extending the tour. Supremely jaded.
Old 01-08-2022, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
⬆️ This.

If you watch the whole lot, it is very clear what the driving factor was.

And Christine just seems so unimpressed throughout the whole thing: you can see that look she presumably gave when they asked her about extending the tour. Supremely jaded.
I’m sure you’re right that money was a factor for all of them, but I also think there were two more factors: Mick and John really enjoyed touring/playing live, and especially playing to full houses and not to the embarrassing crowds of their Time tour, when they were on a triple bill lineup. And second, I’m sure Stevie and Lindsey saw this reunion as an opportunity to resurrect their own solo careers, and also go out on a high note with Fleetwood Mac. I mean, the Dance special on MTV was tremendous on every level- they were all smart to capitalize on that. Third, some of Christine’s reluctance to tour may have been due to her fear of flying.
Old 01-08-2022, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And second, I’m sure Stevie and Lindsey saw this reunion as an opportunity to resurrect their own solo careers, and also go out on a high note with Fleetwood Mac. I mean, the Dance special on MTV was tremendous on every level- they were all smart to capitalize on that.
I think Stevie wanted to perform with Lindsey again too. You remember the video from the BTM Tour where she said she hopes he can see it in his heart to work with her again. She asked him to do Twisted with her in 1996 too. It is interesting that Stevie didn't do anything in 95 and 96 (other than 2 new songs for soundtracks and 2 concerts that took place in the daylight)

I'm not sure Lindsey did it because it might resurrect his solo career since Lindsey's solo career had never been a money maker, but I think for the money because he was going to be starting a family.
Old 01-08-2022, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I think Stevie wanted to perform with Lindsey again too. You remember the video from the BTM Tour where she said she hopes he can see it in his heart to work with her again. She asked him to do Twisted with her in 1996 too. It is interesting that Stevie didn't do anything in 95 and 96 (other than 2 new songs for soundtracks and 2 concerts that took place in the daylight)

I'm not sure Lindsey did it because it might resurrect his solo career since Lindsey's solo career had never been a money maker, but I think for the money because he was going to be starting a family.
I think you’re exactly right about Lindsey not using the Dance to resurrect his solo career. It doesn’t seem like he’s ever been so focused on being popular. Money, definitely, but also I know he’s spoken about the importance of FM’s legacy in the past, and that may have been a big factor in his decision, too. If I recall, FM had been nominated for the RRHOF twice before, but it wasn’t until the Dance came out that they made it in. That was not a coincidence. I think up until the Dance aired on MTV, it could have gone either way- the special could have been not well received and been their last gig, or it could have been well received and led to a resurgence. Fortunately, it was the latter.

I’m curious which video you’re referring to from the BTM era. I believe Stevie wanted to work with him, I just don’t recall a video or interview where she said that. I know people have said she’s always wanted him out of the band, but the evidence doesn’t support that idea at all. By all accounts, she begged him not to leave in 1987; Billy Burnette said Stevie was the one who asked Lindsey to play at the inauguration (and for Billy to step back); and she’d complained for years that she would call him for advice about a song and he wouldn’t respond, at least until Twisted. That doesn’t sound like someone who wanted him out of the band.
Old 01-08-2022, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’m curious which video you’re referring to from the BTM era.
https://youtu.be/9y5yWJ3K4OM

Around :35 is where she says that line
Old 01-08-2022, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think you’re exactly right about Lindsey not using the Dance to resurrect his solo career. It doesn’t seem like he’s ever been so focused on being popular. Money, definitely, but also I know he’s spoken about the importance of FM’s legacy in the past, and that may have been a big factor in his decision, too. If I recall, FM had been nominated for the RRHOF twice before, but it wasn’t until the Dance came out that they made it in. That was not a coincidence. I think up until the Dance aired on MTV, it could have gone either way- the special could have been not well received and been their last gig, or it could have been well received and led to a resurgence. Fortunately, it was the latter.

I’m curious which video you’re referring to from the BTM era. I believe Stevie wanted to work with him, I just don’t recall a video or interview where she said that. I know people have said she’s always wanted him out of the band, but the evidence doesn’t support that idea at all. By all accounts, she begged him not to leave in 1987; Billy Burnette said Stevie was the one who asked Lindsey to play at the inauguration (and for Billy to step back); and she’d complained for years that she would call him for advice about a song and he wouldn’t respond, at least until Twisted. That doesn’t sound like someone who wanted him out of the band.
The video is of them doing Landslide, it was either in Oakland or Inglewood.
I have a feeling Lindsey said to Stevie during the tour meetings for 2018 that she wouldn't be "Stevie Nicks" if he hadn't taken the offer to join Fleetwood Mac and that's why she told Mick/Irving I can't work with him anymore.

As far as the Rock Hall bwboy, look who also got in at the 98 Ceremony... Eagles.
I believe FM and Stevie should be in the HOF, but I believe Irving helps to get one in. And in Stevie's case, you know I feel Tina, Diana, Gloria, Chaka, Carole, Cher, and Pat Benatar should've been inducted before Stevie for their musical contributions.
Stevie I believe should be inducted for her stage personality and performances.
Old 01-08-2022, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
which ones do you mean?

the one where Lindsey spontaneously kisses her on the head??

"he fell for her again
she watched it happen"
This is a 4 part series. I am only posting part 1. Its just fun to watch from today. Interesting how Chris said in 1997 that she still had a solo album to do that was under contract. My favorite part is when they talk about the Clinton inauguration and the interviewer asks the McVies if they would ever do something like that for Tony Blair. Their facial expressions are so funny and did not even take it as a joke. They were adamant they would never do anything for the Labor party.
Btw, some misinterpreted my earlier comments. Lindsey never did a solo career for money. My point was the money they were offered was too much for Lindsey not to go back at this point in his life....starting a family and not having to just live off past projects. Another fascinating segment that I never knew comes in segment #2 where Lindsey states he and Stevie were at the studio when Mick came to check out the studio and listen to the Buckingham/Nicks music to test the studio. They saw this giant tall guy jamming to their music with headphones on.
The Dance was a huge reset for the band. The Palm Beach Post had an article in 1997 how the band had reserved 3 floors of the Breakers Hotel on Palm Beach for their West Palm Beach stop. The year prior, Mick, John, and Fleetwood Mac stayed at the Comfort Inn in a shady part of town. How things changed in one year. The Dance's limelight brought back Stevie's solo career and getting her confidence to go back on stage after Street Angel. The Dance also got all the old Fleetwood Mac albums selling again. Rumours came back on the charts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yo_8NRQ9VQ

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-08-2022 at 09:38 AM..
Old 01-08-2022, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is a 4 part series. I am only posting part 1. Its just fun to watch from today. Interesting how Chris said in 1997 that she still had a solo album to do that was under contract. My favorite part is when they talk about the Clinton inauguration and the interviewer asks the McVies if they would ever do something like that for Tony Blair. Their facial expressions are so funny and did not even take it as a joke. They were adamant they would never do anything for the Labor party.
I find the Labour bit hilarious. To be fair, the last time either McVie had been tax resident in the U.K. at that stage, Labour would have taxed them to the eyeballs. Blair ended up ushering in a period of relative prosperity, even for those at the upper end of the earnings spectrum.
Old 01-08-2022, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The Dance was a huge reset for the band. The Palm Beach Post had an article in 1997 how the band had reserved 3 floors of the Breakers Hotel on Palm Beach for their West Palm Beach stop. The year prior, Mick, John, and Fleetwood Mac stayed at the Comfort Inn in a shady part of town. How things changed in one year. The Dance's limelight brought back Stevie's solo career and getting her confidence to go back on stage after Street Angel. The Dance also got all the old Fleetwood Mac albums selling again. Rumours came back on the charts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yo_8NRQ9VQ
I agree 100%. The name brand Fleetwood Mac had lost so much of it’s value then. I wouldn’t say being a FM fan at that time was embarrassing, but it felt like it had whimpered to a horrible end, and then the Dance came along and they were being played all the time on MTV, VH1, and radio, and everyone was raving about them. It was great to see them back in their glory, and so respected by the music industry, critics, and fans again. I can only imagine how John and Mick must have felt, to go from the Time tour to the Dance tour!
Old 01-08-2022, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I find the Labour bit hilarious. To be fair, the last time either McVie had been tax resident in the U.K. at that stage, Labour would have taxed them to the eyeballs. Blair ended up ushering in a period of relative prosperity, even for those at the upper end of the earnings spectrum.
It was almost like he asked them if they would ever perform at a Satanic church or something

Chris stated in 1995 that she would have never voted for Bill Clinton yet she was honored he picked their song.