Old 01-27-2022, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Bob Welch Exhibit At Musicians Hall Of Fame

https://twitter.com/mhfm/status/1486758961688854533
Old 01-28-2022, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Really cool.
I still cant believe that 20 years ago, you could email Bob and he would respond, sign something and sell you something. He would even have email chats with friends online. WHY WHY WHY did I not partake in this.
His contributions to Fleetwood Mac are so substantial.
Old 01-28-2022, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Really cool.
I still cant believe that 20 years ago, you could email Bob and he would respond, sign something and sell you something. He would even have email chats with friends online. WHY WHY WHY did I not partake in this.
He said something in a Q&A about how it looked like Peter was someone’s puppet during the Splinter Group years. I sent him an email with who I thought it was. He replied cheers and a wink.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-28-2022, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
He said something in a Q&A about how it looked like Peter was someone’s puppet during the Splinter Group years. I sent him an email with who I thought it was. He replied cheers and a wink.
I am so jealous. I was new to the internet in 1999 and got my first computer. I look back and regret not having any interaction and buying stuff from him. I have not went to his site lately but it used to still be up. Some incredible stories he told. I wish someone would ask Lindsey about the story Bob told about running into Lindsey shortly after Bob left and Lindsey asked Bob "How the hell could you stand these people?"
Its too good not to ask Lindsey
Old 01-28-2022, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Really cool.
He was so amazing and down to Earth. He answered several of my questions over the years, and I always WANTED to ask Bob and Wendy out to dinner, but was always too afraid of being rejected(I guess).

He committed suicide on a morning that I was leaving Nashville(that's where they lived). Read about it the minute I got to my other house in Indiana. Made me sick to think about.

It's surreal to think about Wendy getting banned from the Ledge, a few years after his death. She was Bob's protector and champion, but she was so bitter about Bob being kept out of the Hall of Fame. She couldn't let it go. She's the one who said it was Christine that insisted to Mick that Bob not be included.
Old 01-29-2022, 05:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
He was so amazing and down to Earth. He answered several of my questions over the years, and I always WANTED to ask Bob and Wendy out to dinner, but was always too afraid of being rejected(I guess).

He committed suicide on a morning that I was leaving Nashville(that's where they lived). Read about it the minute I got to my other house in Indiana. Made me sick to think about.

It's surreal to think about Wendy getting banned from the Ledge, a few years after his death. She was Bob's protector and champion, but she was so bitter about Bob being kept out of the Hall of Fame. She couldn't let it go. She's the one who said it was Christine that insisted to Mick that Bob not be included.
There was the lawsuit. But I believe there was a beef between Chris and Bob that few know about. I dont see her caring about Bob's royalties from early Mac albums. The lawsuit came at the worst time for the band since Time tanked and they really were not working and everyone's solo career was not making money either. So I think Mick wanted to save every cent to not hand over to Bob. Sadly, Mick and the band probably spent more on legal fees that paying Bob outright.
It just was not the RRHOF. When the Dance came out during the RRHOF, MTV had those "Behind the Music" segments of all the bands. The show went through all the members and the history of Fleetwood Mac. Bob is never mentioned. Its like he never existed. Even worse, they showed the back of the Hereos Are Hard To Find album cover and Bob was edited out. Now.......someone had to direct the creators to do such things. Talk about bitter people. Its just like when the Van Halen brothers edited Michael Anthony off their website and all their albums.
Its so Jr High
All of the early Mac albums sold much more post Dance (like all Mac albums did). Some were certified Gold in the late 90s. When Bob was asking for royalties in the early 90s, it could not have been that much money. But if this was the only beef between them, Mick is much more of a money grubber than I thought. Kudos to Stevie for always staying close to Bob. I know she visited him in Nashville during the Enchanted Tour.
I remember going to Bob's website around 2000 and thought it was cool and was always going to ask a question but never actually did. Its sad his wife was banned here.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-29-2022 at 05:27 AM..
Old 01-29-2022, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There was the lawsuit. But I believe there was a beef between Chris and Bob that few know about. I dont see her caring about Bob's royalties from early Mac albums. The lawsuit came at the worst time for the band since Time tanked and they really were not working and everyone's solo career was not making money either. So I think Mick wanted to save every cent to not hand over to Bob. Sadly, Mick and the band probably spent more on legal fees that paying Bob outright.
It just was not the RRHOF. When the Dance came out during the RRHOF, MTV had those "Behind the Music" segments of all the bands. The show went through all the members and the history of Fleetwood Mac. Bob is never mentioned. Its like he never existed. Even worse, they showed the back of the Hereos Are Hard To Find album cover and Bob was edited out. Now.......someone had to direct the creators to do such things. Talk about bitter people. Its just like when the Van Halen brothers edited Michael Anthony off their website and all their albums.
Its so Jr High
All of the early Mac albums sold much more post Dance (like all Mac albums did). Some were certified Gold in the late 90s. When Bob was asking for royalties in the early 90s, it could not have been that much money. But if this was the only beef between them, Mick is much more of a money grubber than I thought. Kudos to Stevie for always staying close to Bob. I know she visited him in Nashville during the Enchanted Tour.
I remember going to Bob's website around 2000 and thought it was cool and was always going to ask a question but never actually did. Its sad his wife was banned here.
I don't think Mick has ever known how to live within his means. He wants to live like $tevie, when he only makes 10% as much money.

They are bitter and childish. Bob carried them through FIVE albums. I doubt they could have survived until the "golden era" if it weren't for him. Mick wrote "Bob Welch SAVED Fleetwood Mac" in his book. So much for that salvation, you ungrateful DICK.

$tevie does seem to be less about money than the others. HOWEVER, $he also HAS more money than the others, so maybe $he can afford to not worry....

Wendy said that Christine told Mick she wouldn't attend the R&RHOF if Bob was included. These are bitter, hateful people.
Old 01-29-2022, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think Mick has ever known how to live within his means. He wants to live like $tevie, when he only makes 10% as much money.

They are bitter and childish. Bob carried them through FIVE albums. I doubt they could have survived until the "golden era" if it weren't for him. Mick wrote "Bob Welch SAVED Fleetwood Mac" in his book. So much for that salvation, you ungrateful DICK.

$tevie does seem to be less about money than the others. HOWEVER, $he also HAS more money than the others, so maybe $he can afford to not worry....

Wendy said that Christine told Mick she wouldn't attend the R&RHOF if Bob was included. These are bitter, hateful people.
Chris has a dark side that I am curious about. I love her and her songs but falling in love with Dennis Wilson? He was roommates with Charles Manson, drug addict, alcoholic, and just crazy man..

Another part of Bob's chats that fascinated me that I would love to ask Chris but she may not tell the truth is about Bob's talking on stage in the songs. He wrote that Chris would stare him down with evil on stage when he would do this during Bermuda Triangle
How can you say Stevie is less about money when her manager demands 40% of the profits of a 5 person band. I think you have been drinking the water at bwboy's place
Old 01-29-2022, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Chris has a dark side that I am curious about. I love her and her songs but falling in love with Dennis Wilson? He was roommates with Charles Manson, drug addict, alcoholic, and just crazy man..

Another part of Bob's chats that fascinated me that I would love to ask Chris but she may not tell the truth is about Bob's talking on stage in the songs. He wrote that Chris would stare him down with evil on stage when he would do this during Bermuda Triangle
How can you say Stevie is less about money when her manager demands 40% of the profits of a 5 person band. I think you have been drinking the water at bwboy's place
Even though Chris was ALWAYS my favorite, clearly she makes bad love decisions. She likes losers. I'm not saying that John's a loser now, but yeah, to marry such a severe alcoholic....what was she thinking? And Dennis, well, he was an off the charts loser. Maybe I'm related to Chris, because that's what all the women in my family do....date the bad boy losers. My cousin Mandy used to tell me, "I don't want no church boy....that's not exciting!"

Now I could relate to the Bob talking bit. It's very much like the Old Goat blathering on and on. STFU AND PLAY THE NEXT SONG!!!

$tevie holds all the cards now, and $he knows it, and $he has $atan as her manager.

I guarantee you that I've swallowed nothing at his place!!!
Old 01-29-2022, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I never understood that rivalry between Bob and Chris...In a thing about "egos"?, one part banned the other from the story of a band where the banned part was very well known...and some years later, it continued without reasons!
Bob was an amazing musician. His solo career was short and forgotten, he couldn't manage it well to become a more famous artist. Even today, one of his most famous songs is Sentimental Lady, one which he recorded with FM before, so it's a solo song, but originally not a so-solo song...
I didn't know Wendy. When I entered here, there was a strong discussion about Bob and the R&RHOF, and Wendy was telling that Chris was the problem, that was unfair what happened with Bob, the rojalties, and stuff...When I returned here, maybe two years ago, I noticed that Wendy passed away too, banned from the forum and with no answer about her husband's situation in the Hall of Fame and on the FM history...
I remember Bob at the Rock Family Trees documentary -at my point of view, the best documentary of FM ever made-. Of course it was 1995, nothing about R&RHOF or stuff was mentioned, but at least he was also a main part of the film. Anyway, he didn't talk so much about his departure, and of course, the reasons why.
Old 01-29-2022, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
I never understood that rivalry between Bob and Chris...In a thing about "egos"?, one part banned the other from the story of a band where the banned part was very well known...and some years later, it continued without reasons!
Bob was an amazing musician. His solo career was short and forgotten, he couldn't manage it well to become a more famous artist. Even today, one of his most famous songs is Sentimental Lady, one which he recorded with FM before, so it's a solo song, but originally not a so-solo song...
I didn't know Wendy. When I entered here, there was a strong discussion about Bob and the R&RHOF, and Wendy was telling that Chris was the problem, that was unfair what happened with Bob, the rojalties, and stuff...When I returned here, maybe two years ago, I noticed that Wendy passed away too, banned from the forum and with no answer about her husband's situation in the Hall of Fame and on the FM history...
I remember Bob at the Rock Family Trees documentary -at my point of view, the best documentary of FM ever made-. Of course it was 1995, nothing about R&RHOF or stuff was mentioned, but at least he was also a main part of the film. Anyway, he didn't talk so much about his departure, and of course, the reasons why.
Something happened between him and Chris. I find it hard to believe royalties on old albums made Chris block him from the RRHOF. It may be the case though. Clearly they were all close into the early 80s. Something happened and we may never know what. Mick is a liar and instead of telling the truth in his book, he lies. Would it not have been nice to admit it was wrong. Bob is dead so the lawsuit no longer matters.
Maybe there was a settlement where Mick and Chris had to fork over money in the dark days post Time pre Dance and they got scared about money. This is why I nearly threw up knowing the Mac performed Hypnotized on the 2018 tour. Clearly they have no shame.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-29-2022 at 08:21 PM..
Old 01-30-2022, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wendy said that Christine told Mick she wouldn't attend the R&RHOF if Bob was included.
Yes. That’s what Wendy said that Mick said. Which was easy to do considering Christine was retired with no signs of coming back in 2010.

Would he have said that if Christine was still active in 2010?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-30-2022, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not saying that John's a loser now, but yeah, to marry such a severe alcoholic....what was she thinking?
Actually, she was the bigger drunk when they married. His drinking wasn’t a problem in their relationship until after Peter left, and maybe more like after Jeremy disappeared.

But, initially, he’s the one who had to tell her to calm down with the drinking.

Quote:
$tevie holds all the cards now, and $he knows it, and $he has $atan as her manager.
Still, I’d love nothing more than the current lineup, sans Stevie, do a Bare Trees 50th Anniversary Tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-30-2022, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Bob was in a lawsuit with Fleetwood Mac over royalties when they were inducted. Of course he was going to get cut. Mick might have been able to look the other way, but he’s the only one of the three that could.

Christine was retired with absolutely zero signs of returning when Bob died. It was easy to throw her under the bus. However, in 1998, I doubt she was alone in that sentiment.

As for Wendy’s ban, she was making a lot of disparaging comments about Jeremy, which may or may not be connected to a legal case. I kept trying to tell her that her focus needed to be with getting Bob’s era connected to streaming services. That’s what keeps his legacy alive.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-31-2022, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yes. That’s what Wendy said that Mick said. Which was easy to do considering Christine was retired with no signs of coming back in 2010.

Would he have said that if Christine was still active in 2010?
Well, Mick's a f*cking LIAR, and always has been, so the jury is terminally out on this one.