The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-01-2021, 07:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

Some of the best shows I've had the pleasure of attending were with smaller turnouts. One was in Columbus OH for a band that we would later see break up after the tour, and the other was a NYE beach concert where Mother Nature was just NOT cooperating. (The temperature DROPPED each 5-10 degrees each day at this location for the 3 or 4 days before.)

Kudos to Christine for going through with the show!
Old 03-04-2021, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw Chris' solo tour on June 11, 1984 at The Majestic Theater in San Antonio, Texas. It was at the very end of the tour. There appeared to be about 900 people in attendance that evening. The seating capacity is 2,200.

I didn't even buy my ticket on the first day of sales and I still got front row seats. The show was phenomenal and it was a fantastic evening.
Old 03-05-2021, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
I saw Chris' solo tour on June 11, 1984 at The Majestic Theater in San Antonio, Texas. It was at the very end of the tour. There appeared to be about 900 people in attendance that evening. The seating capacity is 2,200.

I didn't even buy my ticket on the first day of sales and I still got front row seats. The show was phenomenal and it was a fantastic evening.
Amazing
If only we could go back in time. It truly was an incredible show.
Old 03-08-2021, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Amazing
If only we could go back in time. It truly was an incredible show.
I was just thinking that. If I could go back in time, that's the show I would go to.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I was just thinking that. If I could go back in time, that's the show I would go to.
Me too. I've always hated it that I'd drifted away from the FM camp during this time.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Me too. I've always hated it that I'd drifted away from the FM camp during this time.
If you would have put down your Walkman and stopped twirling to Stand Back maybe just maybe you would have noticed Christine's solo career and concert
Old 03-08-2021, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you would have put down your Walkman and stopped twirling to Stand Back maybe just maybe you would have noticed Christine's solo career and concert
I had began college (in the recording arts program) and once mentioned old Dick Fleetwood as a favorite drummer(somebody asked me to name one, and he was the only one that came to mind) and got mildly ridiculed for naming him. Lesson learned. FM WAS NOT COOL. I bought Chris's album the minute it came out, OF COURSE, but didn't mention it at school.

AND, in the pre internet age, unless I heard it announced on the radio, I was pretty unaware as to who was touring...
Old 03-09-2021, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I had began college (in the recording arts program) and once mentioned old Dick Fleetwood as a favorite drummer(somebody asked me to name one, and he was the only one that came to mind) and got mildly ridiculed for naming him. Lesson learned. FM WAS NOT COOL. I bought Chris's album the minute it came out, OF COURSE, but didn't mention it at school.

AND, in the pre internet age, unless I heard it announced on the radio, I was pretty unaware as to who was touring...
I gave all the cool kids the finger and went to that show!! And I saw David Gilmour (About Face Tour) (solo), Eric Clapton (Behind the Sun, Tour) , and Roger Waters (Pros and Cons) (solo) that year or near that time.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-09-2021 at 09:10 AM..
Old 03-09-2021, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

DVD and audio idea for Rhino: Reseda Country Club concert with the Switzerland film on the making of the album. (We can see Russ Titelman engage in playful shtick with Christine.)

Another DVD and audio idea for Rhino: Mick’s 1981 film on his album and the concert for the natives.

I think most of these things were only ever released on laser disc.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-09-2021, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
DVD and audio idea for Rhino: Reseda Country Club concert with the Switzerland film on the making of the album. (We can see Russ Titelman engage in playful shtick with Christine.)

Another DVD and audio idea for Rhino: Mick’s 1981 film on his album and the concert for the natives.

I think most of these things were only ever released on laser disc.
I have an official VHS tape of Christine's video album but you are right, the laser disc was all over the place.
Old 03-09-2021, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You made me have a flashback. Christine's solo tour had a cool shirt and even had a black jacket with piano on the back. Gosh I wanted one but reality set in because I knew I could never wear it at school. LOL
Old 03-09-2021, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have an official VHS tape of Christine's video album but you are right, the laser disc was all over the place.
I've got the VHS one as well. Someone here sent me a DVD rip of it a few years ago, which I've watched a hundred times.
Old 03-10-2021, 10:02 AM

I loved that MTV special about Christine making her solo album in Montreux. I think some of it was filmed in Great Britain and Los Angeles. Such a cool thing to watch. Mick is in it!
Old 03-11-2021, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I loved that MTV special about Christine making her solo album in Montreux. I think some of it was filmed in Great Britain and Los Angeles. Such a cool thing to watch. Mick is in it!
Haven’t seen it in years. It’s real low-key, like Chris. It has Todd and George and Steve Ferrone recording several of the tracks and riding on an aerial lift.

Does anybody here say Christine McVie, like “vie” as in “I want to vie for a spot on the swim team”? I’m just curious.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-11-2021, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Haven’t seen it in years. It’s real low-key, like Chris. It has Todd and George and Steve Ferrone recording several of the tracks and riding on an aerial lift.

Does anybody here say Christine McVie, like “vie” as in “I want to vie for a spot on the swim team”? I’m just curious.
I remember Billy was in it, too. I remember Mick saying, "We'll miss you Chris." And they played bits and pieces of "Too Much is Not Enough".

Don't know about the "Vie" question. "Christy McVie" was a thing for a while, however.