The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-24-2021, 09:25 AM
Houseonthehill Houseonthehill is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 98
Default My biggest frustration with the Mac

I happened to see the Mac back in 2014 on the OWS tour, and I have to say, at least in the show I saw, they were in absolute top top form, all 5 of them. It would have been a great tour to be immortalized with a Blu-Ray Concert DVD etc... but wasn't. Missed opportunity that will likely never come back.
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 02-24-2021, 09:41 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,125
Default

I think their comment was something along the lines of, "You can watch it on youtube."

But really, it would have been nice to have a 3 Blu Ray package of that tour, interviews, talk of the upcoming Fleetwood M..errrrrrrrrrrrr BuckVie album, etc.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-24-2021, 10:14 AM
sleepless child's Avatar
sleepless child sleepless child is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 673
Default

So many missed opportunities with this band. Most notably an album when Chris came back. And a DVD of the tour.
__________________

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-24-2021, 11:14 AM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 3,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseonthehill View Post
I happened to see the Mac back in 2014 on the OWS tour, and I have to say, at least in the show I saw, they were in absolute top top form, all 5 of them. It would have been a great tour to be immortalized with a Blu-Ray Concert DVD etc... but wasn't. Missed opportunity that will likely never come back.
I saw them in NJ so it was the initial OWS tour dates. And yes, they were top form, full of energy (dances, movements). Specially when I compare them with the Unleashed tour, 5 years before, when I saw them at the final dates; there Stevie did a fine performance then but looked obviously tired.

But I disagree in terms of voices. Their voices, specially Lindsey's, were very bad in 2014 if I compare them with the last time I saw them. I think the instruments volume was a bit higher than the usual, maybe to hide the low performance of their voices. Time and age are unavoidable.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-24-2021, 11:38 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think their comment was something along the lines of, "You can watch it on youtube."

But really, it would have been nice to have a 3 Blu Ray package of that tour, interviews, talk of the upcoming Fleetwood M..errrrrrrrrrrrr BuckVie album, etc.
And yet the Eagles were so good with concert video releases. I watch far more Eagles these days than FM, because they put out so much more. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that in the past 5 nights, I've watched the 3 DVD History of the Eagles, and the 2 DVD Farewell I. All excellently produced.

Fleetwood Mac has no excuse other than laziness, or $tevie not being able to get her "closeup director" fit into their schedule , for them not having "viable product" on the market.

I'd bet anything that $tevie said, "it won't sell enough", and that was that. $tevie and her fans, with their stupid numbers....
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-24-2021, 12:23 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,645
Default

I could care less about another lip synced concert. The biggest frustration is these 5 members who were apart for so long did not get into the studio and record together.

In theory the 4 did with Buck Vie and it was incredible
__________________
I never wanted to be a hot dog or box of kleenex for Halloween
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-24-2021, 12:32 PM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 1,060
Default

My biggest frustration with them...the obvious.
Nearly twenty years since SYW...
Seven years since Christines return.
And no album from the five.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-24-2021, 12:51 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,762
Default

I havent cared much for the new material the band made since Behind the Mask. Well, I did like the 4 new songs on the Chain box set. I listened to Time and promptly ditched it, and the 4 new songs they did for the Dance were forgettable. Say You Will was ok, I mean just ok. I was at opening night of that tour and the audience was so turned off by the new songs, it was palpable. The EP was, again, just ok. Buck/Vie was the best of a sorry lot of new material. Is there a universe where Id want to hear any of those 10 songs in concert over Go Your Own Way, You Make Loving Fun, or Landslide. No. And Id rather hear Book of Love or Brown Eyes or Wish You Were Here or Save Me a Place or I Dont Want to Know or As Long As You Follow over anything on Buck/Vie.

Deep cuts over new material anytime, thats my frustration. Its the best of everything- fans get to hear never before or not often performed songs live, and the band still gets to stretch and be creative, performing songs that would be like new to them.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-24-2021, 12:54 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Seven years since Christines return.
And no album from the five.
But there almost was, and it was great(contrary to BW's opinion). It's only ONE person's fault that it wasn't all five.

I'm personally glad that it was their swan song.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-24-2021, 01:32 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 14,177
Default

Biggest frustration? Ohhh dear. Lots and lots to choose from.
Probably biggest for me is that they made decisions that got them kicked up and down the pop landscape. They never went out on top. I really wanted them to go out on top just disappear and turn into true legends. Instead, they kept churning out what-all and hiring who-all for years afterward until they were considered embarrassments.
__________________

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-24-2021, 01:38 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Biggest frustration? Ohhh dear. Lots and lots to choose from.
Probably biggest for me is that they made decisions that got them kicked up and down the pop landscape. They never went out on top. I really wanted them to go out on top just disappear and turn into true legends. Instead, they kept churning out what-all and hiring who-all for years afterward until they were considered embarrassments.
Well yeah, there's that...
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-24-2021, 02:02 PM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 1,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But there almost was, and it was great(contrary to BW's opinion). It's only ONE person's fault that it wasn't all five.

I'm personally glad that it was their swan song.
We all know where the blame lies, but I still would have liked a final album with all five..
Plus....and I know Im going to regret this, Buckingham Mcvie doesnt quite do it for me.
Its okay, but ....
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-24-2021, 02:03 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,126
Default

My biggest frustration with the Mac...

not enough new material. They should have put out at least 5 more albums over the years...maybe as many as 10.
I'd want more variation in the live shows. New music live would have been great. To hell with it if people go for drinks or pee.
...and any of the Buck/Vie songs on a Fleetwood Mac stage...I really would die a very happy man.

My second biggest frustration with the Mac...

They are just ar$eholes as people.

My third biggest frustration with the Mac...

They dont seem to know a lot about their own band. They always get stuff factually wrong. Come on guys- you lived this stuff!
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-24-2021, 02:32 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
My biggest frustration with the Mac...

not enough new material. They should have put out at least 5 more albums over the years...maybe as many as 10.
I'd want more variation in the live shows. New music live would have been great. To hell with it if people go for drinks or pee.
THIS

They made more albums in Bob Welchs 3.5 years than theyve made in the nearly 35 years since TITN.


Quote:
My third biggest frustration with the Mac...

They dont seem to know a lot about their own band. They always get stuff factually wrong. Come on guys- you lived this stuff!
This is one I can forgive. Touring screws with biorhythms and any semblance of time. One day feels like a week. Add drugs and alcohol, and its very easy to see how they just blow all the details.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-24-2021, 04:02 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 12,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
We all know where the blame lies, but I still would have liked a final album with all five..
Plus....and I know Im going to regret this, Buckingham Mcvie doesnt quite do it for me.
Its okay, but ....
Well, good for me, because I LOVE it. Seriously. And not just because the old goat isn't on it. It's Mirage pt II. Sweet, poppy FM.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Billy Burnette - Memphis in Manhattan [New CD] picture

Billy Burnette - Memphis in Manhattan [New CD]

$16.86



Billy Burnette vinyl album picture

Billy Burnette vinyl album

$7.00



ULTRA RARE:mislabeled Billy Burnette/Beat Farmers PROMO record picture

ULTRA RARE:mislabeled Billy Burnette/Beat Farmers PROMO record

$7.99



Billy Burnette ‎– Try Me(Vinyl, LP, Album)PROMO NEW SEALED,GOLD STAMP picture

Billy Burnette ‎– Try Me(Vinyl, LP, Album)PROMO NEW SEALED,GOLD STAMP

$20.00



Billy Burnette - Soldier Of Love (CD, 1991, Curb Records, Japan) EXTREMELY RARE picture

Billy Burnette - Soldier Of Love (CD, 1991, Curb Records, Japan) EXTREMELY RARE

$109.99




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved