Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-27-2014, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I do believe Syria is Lindsey's fault though.

I'm sure they didn't finalize anything until this year, but I would imagine that Christine first started making overtures about rejoining the band some time after she met them all in Los Angeles for dinner. I don't think it's something that just came up for her after London. Michele
You and I knew it when she said, "I wouldn't mind if they asked me."

We know how she works.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
new FM album was started in january 2012. maybe Stevie forgot that by the end of 2013 when John was diagnosed with colon cancer.

in january 2014, there were interviews saying FM is going into studio, and Christine already sent her songs to Lindsey and he loved them and had ideas what to add to them.

at the grammy red carpet (end of january 2014) Stevie was saying that she has no idea what she'll be doing in the next few months, and everybody was puzzled considering we already knew FM was committed to going into studio.
Stevie said (about 24 KTG):
"I began thinking about making this record in February of this year because I had about five months before Fleetwood Mac rehearsals started in August."
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...hn#post1142701

Didn't Lindsey say in an article the other month that he wanted to bring Chris up to speed on studio tech and see where she's at musically these days? (Gist, not verbatim)
Maybe Stevie wanted to give those two some time alone in the studio so Chris could get back in the saddle.

Last edited by Nickingham; 09-28-2014 at 12:09 AM..
Old 09-28-2014, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
It's pretty clear Stand Back won't be in the set. Some insider even eluded to it in a twitter post, saying "a certain member of the band is unhappy that a certain song was cut, but it's alright, it's alright."

I just hope they stand strong and don't cave in to her demands. I wish Stevie could take more stock in her Fleetwood Mac songs and pull out a song she's never done,or one she hasn't performed in decades.
What happened was that musicman person on tumblr posted a setlist dated at 2nd September that DID NOT have Stand Back on it. They then posted that not so subtle hint that Stevie wasn't pleased Stand Back was cut. Then a few days ago, they posted a revised setlist (dated 8th September) which had Stand Back back IN the setlist. I guess I'm not interested when this interview was done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickingham View Post
Didn't Lindsey say in an article the other month that he wanted to bring Chris up to speed on studio tech and see where she's at musically these days? (Gist, not verbatim)

Maybe Stevie wanted to give those two some time alone in the studio so Chris could get back in the saddle.
Yeah, it doesn't seem such a big deal to me. Stevie didn't record with Fleetwood Mac in January 2012 because her Mom had passed away the month before. Perfectly reasonable 'excuse'. Stevie didn't record with Fleetwood Mac earlier this year because Chris was getting 'back in the saddle', as you say, and it seemed was enlisting Lindsey's help in getting some musical tracks to some of the lyrics she had.

I do think they would've preferred she was around during this time but I don't think her doing 24KG foiled FM's plans to complete an album before this tour started; I've not seen an indication that that was ever the plan, to be honest.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"