User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default USA Today Article - *Warning* Confirms 2 more setlist tracks

http://www.usatoday.com/story/experi.../?sf31547604=1

Looks like that leaked setlist that was going around was a fake because now Stand Back and Hold Me have been confirmed.

Hold Me and Little Lies in the same set.

Stand Back again though?
Old 09-24-2014, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post

Looks like that leaked setlist that was going around was a fake because now Stand Back and Hold Me have been confirmed.

Stand Back again though?
thanks for posting the link.

is what's written really a confirmation, or just writer's speculation though?

here's the whole article:

Fall's hottest tour: Classic Mac is back!

Edna Gundersen, USA WEEKEND 3:58 p.m. EDT September 24, 2014

Christine McVie's return sets the stage for fall's hottest tour

Fleetwood Mac is back!
(Photo: Danny Clinch)

"I feel like a lemming going over the cliff with the parachute not quite open," Christine McVie says about her surprise return to Fleetwood Mac after a 15-year absence.

With the fan-favorite singer and keyboardist back on board, the storied band's classic lineup is together once more and will be able to unpack its full range of hits when the On With The Show tour kicks off Tuesday in Minneapolis. It's the first tour by this stellar cast since 1997.

Despite her initial trepidation, "it was the right decision," says McVie, 71. "The feedback from the public is thrilling. I'm looking forward to the camaraderie, the audience, the noise. I'm not looking forward to the packing and unpacking."

Although McVie and singer/guitarist Lindsey Buckingham have written and recorded new songs, Fleetwood Mac is taking to the road without a new album.

"The validity of the tour comes from the fact that Christine is back and we're revisiting the full body of work from the three writers (McVie, Buckingham, Stevie Nicks) in a way we haven't done for many years," says Buckingham, 64. "The only song of hers we did without her (on past tours) was Don't Stop, as an encore. For this tour, 90% of the set list is a no-brainer.

In August, the band — including bassist John McVie, Christine's ex-husband, who had been battling cancer — convened in Los Angeles to rehearse and cherry-pick its fat catalog for a career-spanning set list. Fans can expect a few rarities and surprises atop a bedrock of 10 or 11 landmarks, including Rhiannon, The Chain, Go Your Own Way, Big Love, Stand Back and McVie's Say You Love Me, Little Lies and Hold Me.

Fleetwood Mac certainly didn't suffer without McVie: The band ranked 10th in Billboard's tally of music moneymakers last year with earnings of $19.1 million. "We spent 15 years making Fleetwood Mac relevant without her," Nicks says. "But with her, we were a force of nature."

Nicks recalls her reaction last year when she heard from Christine McVie while vacationing at a monastery on Italy's Amalfi coast: "I get a call from Chris, saying, 'How would you feel if I decided to come back to the band?' I'm like, 'Seriously? Have you just downed a bottle of wine?'

"When she left in 1998, she said, 'I don't want this. I don't want to fly anymore. I'm having panic attacks. I'm too old. I'm too tired. I am done.' I knew there was no way we could change her mind. As the years went by, when people asked me about her, I said the world would fly off its orbit before Chris would rejoin the band."

"It's been quite profound and painless," McVie says of her return to the fold. "I left to go chill in the English countryside. I realized it was not what I wanted in the end. It was boring. This is where I belong. I'm starting to live again."

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-24-2014, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A big fat YES to Hold Me.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
A big fat YES to Hold Me.
I hope so, but those words come from the reporter; I rather have that confirmation come directly from the mouth of one of the band members.

So it's official: Stand Back is a Fleetwood Mac song.

If I hope and if I pray,
Stand Back will go away someday

I guess that's never going to happen, but I heard that Seven Wonders will be back in the set. Not sure if that has been confirmed.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-24-2014 at 07:55 PM..
Old 09-24-2014, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I hope so, but those words come from the reporter; I rather have that confirmation come directly from the mouth of one of the band members.

If I hope and if I pray,

I guess that's never going to happen, but I heard that Seven Wonders will be back in the set. Not sure if that has been confirmed.
Me too!! To me, that line just sounds like a reporter scrambling off names to Fleetwood Mac songs. While I'm sure most of the songs he names WILL be in the set, I'm still not sold on "Hold Me". I have ALWAYS wanted "Hold Me' to be played, but I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post

If I hope and if I pray,

Where'd you hear about Seven Wonders?

Also, I said in the other topic that maybe this article was written a few weeks back. And now, as per the Tumblr, Hold Me and Stand Back have been dropped?
Old 09-24-2014, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well it did have a new interview with Stevie and Christine. It's not just a recycled interview. It also says "fans can expect a few rarities and surprises." Although wouldn't Hold Me count as a rarity and surprise, same with Little Lies.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post

Stand Back again though?

Aw, geez. But whyyyyy? Make it go away lol
Old 09-24-2014, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Well it did have a new interview with Stevie and Christine. It's not just a recycled interview. It also says "fans can expect a few rarities and surprises." Although wouldn't Hold Me count as a rarity and surprise, same with Little Lies.
agree that Hold Me and Little Lies cannot count as rarities. they are among some of the biggest hits this band (rumours 5) ever had. they are on every greatest hits album they have. if they are talking about must-do hits, realistically it's by far mostly Christine's songs, and definitely those 2. not to even mention Don't Stop which is in a completely another stratosphere from any other rumours-band era songs, thanks to Clinton...

when we were in Glasgow last year and they were playing only FM hits in the bar after the show, they played 1-2 each from Stevie and Lindsey and about 5 from Christine, and then over again. i was wondering whether whoever was in charge of music in that bar was aware that Christine was not with them anymore and they were not playing those songs.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-24-2014, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Also, I said in the other topic that maybe this article was written a few weeks back.
yeah that would make sense if that writer has not been with USA today since the beginning of september and all those other lists came out weeks after that. plus from the past experiences writers tend to throw in some songs they consider must play and hope for the best.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Famous songs for sure, but rarities only in context of being performed in concert. Hold Me was only performed by the band in 1982, and Little Lies hasn't been performed since the Behind the Mask tour.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-24-2014 at 10:31 PM..
Old 09-24-2014, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, it's a new interview. Just the interview took place a few weeks before the publication date. Hence why those songs could have been dropped in the time between, which would match the Tumblr.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
. "The only song of hers we did without her (on past tours) was Don't Stop, as an encore.
Alzheimers.

Michele
Old 09-24-2014, 09:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah that would make sense if that writer has not been with USA today since the beginning of september and all those other lists came out weeks after that..
The writer is listed as Edna Gundersin, who has been with USA Today for many, many years. Oddly, I believe she was laid off a few weeks ago, unless I'm mistaken -- which could mean the interview was already in the can, or maybe it's just that she's still freelancing for them a bit?
Old 09-24-2014, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Alzheimers.
Faulty memories must run in this band!