User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I had my share of "Kicking my fat ass" on some eBay items getting out bid.

But on the flip side, sometimes stuff goes for "crazy money". "I will go to the outragious heights of $200.00 on that." SOLD $3300. *faint*

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
I won't buy anything digitally. I only bought Extended Play on iTunes because that was the only way of buying it. I'm really into a bit of a phase now where I buy all things Stevie and FM on vinyl and some on CD. I've recently bought A LOT of 7 and 12" singles from various record shops and I love studying the covers and I also like the smell! I recently bought a 12" version of Whole Lotta Trouble for just £3, which I think is rare, and a limited edition photo pack version of Sometimes it's a Bitch on 7". I also bought a lot of FM stuff but I don't think anything is especially rare. I love collecting vinyl and I've already ordered 24 Karat Gold on vinyl and I'm sure I'll get my hands on Fleetwood Mac's new album on vinyl, if it's available.
I'm interested to hear if anyone has the same vinyls as me or has anything especially rare as I'm really intrigued.
It's a more personal and intimate experience when you have something in your hands. Digital media leaves me cold because it's less physical. It becomes more disposable because your relativity to it is more distant. Aside from music, I love books and I see the convenience of e-books. But it's such a sterile experience when compared to a real book. There is a reason why vinyl albums are having a new wave of popularity. It's not just about the sound; it's because you're having a much deeper, richer connection to the artist and the music. I only buy digital music when there isn't another alternative.

I have a tun of vinyl; dozens of crates. It's a bitch to move because it's so heavy! I only buy special editions sparingly. They are very expensive! Of course I ordered Stevie's new album. Here in Portland there are many stores that sell new vinyl. Everyday Music has two different stores right next to each other; one that just sells CDs, the other just sells vinyl. The vinyl record albums are like works of art. A lot of them are from obscure or unfamiliar artists with creative, crazy and cool artwork. I go in there just to marvel at them like I'm at a museum.

I have three huge cabinets packed with hundreds and hundreds of CDs. I have another cabinet filled just with CD singles. I crate with 12 inch Vinyl singles, and a box rare and not so rare picture sleeve singles. I have at least 35 box sets, and numerous amounts of memorabilia - posters, pictures, promo items etc...

I started collecting in the late 1970s. I'm a completest. If I get obsessed with a particular band or artist, I make it a mission to get everything they released. I'm more picky now with new bands. The Black Keys is the most current band that I collected.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-11-2014 at 11:09 PM..
Old 08-11-2014, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss View Post
But on the flip side, sometimes stuff goes for "crazy money". "I will go to the outragious heights of $200.00 on that." SOLD $3300. *faint*
I agree with that.I like the Goldmine mag with the set sale prices.Ever some dealers will work with the prices.

The fleamarkets and tag sales are the best to find deals because the seller does not know the value of the product and wants to dump it cheap.
I found alot of Stevie/FM goodies that way.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 08-11-2014 at 10:42 PM..
Old 08-11-2014, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
It's a more personal and intimate experience when you have something in your hands. Digital media leaves me cold because it's less physical. It becomes more disposable because your relativity to it is more distant. Aside from music, I love books and I see the convenience of e-books. But it's such a sterile experience when compared to a real book. There is a reason why vinyl albums are having a new wave of popularity. It's not just about the sound; it's because you're having a much deeper, richer connection to the artist and the music. I only buy digital music when there isn't another alternative.

I have a tun of vinyl; dozens of crates. It's a bitch to move because it's so heavy! I only buy special editions sparingly. They are very expensive! Of course I ordered Stevie's new album. Here in Portland there are many stores that sell new vinyl. Everyday Music has two different stores right next to each other; one that just sells CDs, the other just sells vinyl. The vinyl record albums are like works of art. A lot of them are from obscure or unfamiliar artists with creative, crazy and cool artwork. I go in there just to marvel at them like I'm at a museum.

I have three huge cabinets packed with hundreds and hundreds of CDs. I have another cabinet filled just with CD singles. I crate with 12 inch Vinyl singles, and a box rare and not so rare picture sleeve singles. I have at least 35 box sets, and numerous amounts of memorabilia - posters, pictures, promo items etc...

I started collecting in the late 1970s. I'm a completest. If I get obsessed with a particular band or artist, I make it a mission to get everything they released. I'm more picky now with new bands. The Black Keys is the most current band that I collected.

I have had to focus more as the years go by. Too many interests, not enough space. I parred down to just a few areas. Some stuff I collected, I enjoyed, but found I never looked at much. It was time to pass them on to people who really enjoyed them.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

this is probably one of my favorite items in my collection to date. It's extra special because it's signed to me and signed by Christine, Mick, and Lindsey.
I've always loved this photo from the last night of the Tusk Tour at the Hollywood Bowl, which makes it extra special.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10484730_10102516532810104_6692537491666888459_n.jpg (37.4 KB, 37 views)
Old 08-12-2014, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
this is probably one of my favorite items in my collection to date. It's extra special because it's signed to me and signed by Christine, Mick, and Lindsey.
I've always loved this photo from the last night of the Tusk Tour at the Hollywood Bowl, which makes it extra special.
What a wonderful piece. Thanks for sharing!

Old 08-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well MacFanForever, if the outbidding was on records, it could well have been me, so I apologize just in case.
That signed item BigAl is epic! love it. Indeed thanks for sharing with us.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 08-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks! View Post
Well MacFanForever, if the outbidding was on records, it could well have been me, so I apologize just in case.
That signed item BigAl is epic! love it. Indeed thanks for sharing with us.
No .You dont have to apologize Anita .Hahaha .It's just my bad timing and luck with the bidding. Maybe next time.LOL....Only kidding

I was so happy when I won the bid on Stevie's Source radio special years ago and a couple legit radio station copies of Stevie/FM radio interviews on CD last year.

Wow .Thanks for sharing that gem BigAl.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-13-2014, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for the kind words, after 15 years of collecting...it's probably my favorite. It was always a goal to get a complete set of authentic autographs including john and Stevie, but that is very hard to do. This is about as close as I'm ever going to get. I have Stevie's signature on two different items. John is the only one I don't have.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Thank you for the kind words, after 15 years of collecting...it's probably my favorite. It was always a goal to get a complete set of authentic autographs including john and Stevie, but that is very hard to do. This is about as close as I'm ever going to get. I have Stevie's signature on two different items. John is the only one I don't have.
I have found things show up when least expected. Just keep an eye out for the opportunity.

Old 08-24-2014, 04:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Found an excellent site for you completionists out there. Even they are missing a few, but it is a nice list.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/13735-Stevie-Nicks

(you can search, obviously, for any artist)

Last edited by seeker007nmss; 08-24-2014 at 04:34 AM..
Old 08-24-2014, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss View Post
I actually own them. (pic discs) Took the pics on my bed about 30 minutes ago. Got them in early 80's and have never seen them since. I passed on many B/N things early on that are in the "kick in ass" category. I have been looking for the Stevie Belladonna Standup since 1981. Only seen one in pictures. No one else has heard of it. About life size. Sending you a pm.
Your lucky to have those picture LP's, I tried to bid on them on eBay both times and lost , its been awhile since those where posted on eBay? I don't recall the years maybe between 05-08? Its hard to recall but I haven't seen them since. I do recall another guy had them in the 90's that I'd bought from too , cause he'd sent me his list but I didn't know what they were at the time or I would've asked him about them. I got a lot of stuff from Goldmine as well. I've been a collector since the late 80's (like 88). I've got a lot of cool things and than there's stuff I'd wished I'd not ever gotten if I could've seen it back in the 'day' when I'd started. The Net does make it helpful to know what your buying with pictures. I do have the Belladonna UK standup but its not a full life size standup. It can stand on a counter or hang on the wall. Thats where I have mine at on the wall so I can see it. Its a little damaged at the edges but it is awesome. Its Stevie wearing the light blue beret hat looking through the crystal tambourine (I'd love to find one of them too hard I keep looking though and the cool beret hat as well) holding a rose. There's a UK poster to this as well that's a different photo of this set of pictures (would love to see the whole set of photos from this photo shoot). I tried to win that poster but was outbid on it. Theres the WH benefit poster with the fan I've been seeking as well. There Timespace UK standup that I've only seen twice. Wild Heart logo promo jacket. The 3-D WH outtakes cards that I tried to win on eBay but lost. I do have the one's sold on the tour though (the 2 the red/black ones') Tusk Vest that I was outbid on eBay, I hate those one's that 'get away'. Countless other outbids, things I'd wished I'd tried for but didn't. 1/2 moon necklace/autographed posters etc. I still collect cds as well. Some things might be bootlegs likes shirts etc. but some are really cool too. There better than the original shirts sold. I recall I did wear one to a CV concert and someone really liked it. Anyway, we all have things that we wish we could find or locate. I hope we all find it and at some sort of reasonable prices cause some are just outrageous ya know.
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 08-24-2014, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

photo SAM_3285_zpsa27239ab.jpg
 photo 6560613f-1d32-4e74-b570-afec8440cc9b_zps0c1b60b7.jpg
 photo 097114fd-a13e-4726-83d7-41d680ce118d_zps398061c2.jpg

I'm selling all 3 as a package deal. There is a scratch on side 2 of the 3rd disc but I don't know if it makes the record skip. PM me with a reasonable offer that will include shipping and to be sent to you certified.

Last edited by vivfox; 08-25-2014 at 06:48 AM..
Old 08-25-2014, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine View Post
Your lucky to have those picture LP's, I tried to bid on them on eBay both times and lost , its been awhile since those where posted on eBay? I don't recall the years maybe between 05-08? Its hard to recall but I haven't seen them since. I do recall another guy had them in the 90's that I'd bought from too , cause he'd sent me his list but I didn't know what they were at the time or I would've asked him about them. I got a lot of stuff from Goldmine as well. I've been a collector since the late 80's (like 88). I've got a lot of cool things and than there's stuff I'd wished I'd not ever gotten if I could've seen it back in the 'day' when I'd started. The Net does make it helpful to know what your buying with pictures. I do have the Belladonna UK standup but its not a full life size standup. It can stand on a counter or hang on the wall. Thats where I have mine at on the wall so I can see it. Its a little damaged at the edges but it is awesome. Its Stevie wearing the light blue beret hat looking through the crystal tambourine (I'd love to find one of them too hard I keep looking though and the cool beret hat as well) holding a rose. There's a UK poster to this as well that's a different photo of this set of pictures (would love to see the whole set of photos from this photo shoot). I tried to win that poster but was outbid on it. Theres the WH benefit poster with the fan I've been seeking as well. There Timespace UK standup that I've only seen twice. Wild Heart logo promo jacket. The 3-D WH outtakes cards that I tried to win on eBay but lost. I do have the one's sold on the tour though (the 2 the red/black ones') Tusk Vest that I was outbid on eBay, I hate those one's that 'get away'. Countless other outbids, things I'd wished I'd tried for but didn't. 1/2 moon necklace/autographed posters etc. I still collect cds as well. Some things might be bootlegs likes shirts etc. but some are really cool too. There better than the original shirts sold. I recall I did wear one to a CV concert and someone really liked it. Anyway, we all have things that we wish we could find or locate. I hope we all find it and at some sort of reasonable prices cause some are just outrageous ya know.
Do you remember what those discs went for? I bought mine in the pre-ebay days. I also would like to see your stand up. Some of the stuff on ebay does go for crazy money at times. Timing is everything.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
 photo b0aafa97-956d-4d22-ba7c-3ee302e14af4_zpsdf085313.jpg
 photo 95c8e602-ec04-4851-ba84-08677c3af0d0_zpsddb33bdc.jpg
 photo 803b9fca-59b1-43c2-b77f-e3ccc29d7179_zpsaf53a13b.jpg

I'm selling all 3 as a package deal. There is a scratch on side 2 of the 3rd disc but I don't know if it makes the record skip. PM me with a reasonable offer that will include shipping and to be sent to you certified.
Can you repost the pics? Not showing up for me.