User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-31-2014, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
Tusk has always been my favorite album. Masterpiece.

My favorite album also. It is a true Masterpiece!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Mine too! A masterpiece.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yeah, that is one thing I don't think Christine will be saying any time soon. Tusk probably still isn't her cup of tea.

Michele
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I don't know, the pig in poo attitude may have her come around to a great album.
It would be interesting to hear Christine's current thoughts on Tusk, for sure. Last time she spoke about her favorite Mac albums, she cited the white (1975) album, and Rumours as their best efforts. I know you disagree, Michele, but I think Tusk contains some of the best material of Christine's career. I hate to hear her write off songs like Over & Over, Think About Me, Brown Eyes, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
Tusk has always been my favorite album. Masterpiece.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Agreed. Tusk is in another league. I don't know that any album by any artist will ever be able to surpass it in my eyes.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I know you disagree, Michele, but I think Tusk contains some of the best material of Christine's career. I hate to hear her write off songs like Over & Over, Think About Me, Brown Eyes, etc.
I like 3 of her songs, espcially Think About Me. She probably doesn't dislike her own songs. Probably just doesn't like Lindsey's.

Michele
Old 04-13-2014, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick Fleetwood on Running Away, Sunday Daily Express

April 13, 2014 by Mick Fleetwood, Sunday Daily Express

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/exp...y-Running-away

Mick Fleetwood Goes His Own Way: Running away

I WAS a three-time runaway as a kid from an English country boarding school. Early on, I decided to follow my dreams and made many, futile attempts to get the hell out.

I was 11 when I made my first escape. I had drawn a picture of what I thought a naked lady looked like and had determined the only way I could see one in the flesh was to become a doctor. Now a normal child would have waited, studied and gone through the necessary channels but, dreamer that I was, I resolved to find my way to London that instant to study medicine!

Each time I ran away, the goal was to get to London. The city held a mythic attraction; I'd stop there for a night or two as I went back and forth to boarding school.

I stayed with my art student sister and her boyfriend. They took me to Cafe des Artistes, where I had my first sip of champagne, contributing enormously to my fantasy world. I was obsessed by that place, with its brooding beatnik types listening to jazz and smoking cigarettes. It was dark, cool, the place to be and I was hooked. Above all, I wanted to re-create this place.

Since my nomadic inclinations showed no signs of slowing, my parents, in their infinite wisdom, finally got the hint and signed me up for a day school nearby. Once at home, I set about cleaning out the old stables at our house and Club Keller was born, my first stab at re-creating my adored Cafe des Artistes. We served cola and sandwiches. I had a radio and entertained local friends with music and by playing drums.

At 15 I knew I wanted be a drummer and, with my father's blessing, I flew the nest.

My first job was playing with my band, The Cheynes, at London's Mandrake Club, which in its heyday used to host the likes of Liz Taylor and Eddie Fisher. But when I had my nightly residency there, the only remains of that once-thriving scene were the yellowed, celebrity-signed portraits which adorned the walls. Still, it was a club, in a basement, thick with intrigue and underground seediness.

Today I own Fleetwood's, my lifelong dream realised as a combination restaurant/club in Lahaina, Maui (where I live when I am not touring). We have fabulous, rooftop dining and a stage. People come to enjoy great food and music. I play there often with my friends and part-time residents of the island, Steven Tyler and Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top and Willie K, a local talent.

I love it when people have a good time and enjoy themselves; it reminds me of those long ago days at Club Keller.

By the way, although I never stopped following my boyhood dreams, I let the "doctor" thing go. I soon learned that there are plenty of other ways to get to see naked women!
Old 04-13-2014, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
By the way, although I never stopped following my boyhood dreams, I let the "doctor" thing go. I soon learned that there are plenty of other ways to get to see naked women!
Ahh, the REAL reason he became a musician. LOL

This must be an excerpt from his upcoming book, I'd guess.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Ahh, the REAL reason he became a musician. LOL

This must be an excerpt from his upcoming book, I'd guess.
I think so too, but why release these beforehand, when there's no book to buy. It's a type of promotion, but I'm not sure what is being promoted. But that's a good thing I guess.

I wonder how long the Sunday Daily Express series is going to last. I guess I should have just started one thread on it and put all of his columns into that every week.

Michele
Old 04-13-2014, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess I should have just started one thread on it and put all of his columns into that every week.
It's not too late for you to work your magic.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
It's not too late for you to work your magic.
Eh, that assumes I can find all of them again. Michele
Old 04-14-2014, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Hilarious that the Eagles had all arrived in helicopters as FM drove through traffic. Those pioneer years were the best days though, I bet.

Michele
I wish the old fmlegacy site was still around, so I could look up what Texas festival Mick was referencing. Do any other fan sites that are still around document past tour schedules like the fmlegacy did?
Old 04-14-2014, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I wish the old fmlegacy site was still around, so I could look up what Texas festival Mick was referencing. Do any other fan sites that are still around document past tour schedules like the fmlegacy did?
I copied all the information down regarding tour dates (including all those little fleetnotes) from fmlegacy and compiled it into an eBook so you can still check stuff like that if you're interested. You don't need an iPad or anything to read it - there's software for computers that'll let you read the epub file. It's one solution at any rate - pretty sure the fleetwoodmac-uk site, for example, only has more recent tour dates over the past 15 years or thereabouts. Thread with link is here if you want it: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53280

If you'd rather, this site has neatly compiled information regarding all the tour dates as well. The ones from the Sixties are here: http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/fwm/inde...518&Itemid=369

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 04-14-2014, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
If you'd rather, this site has neatly compiled information regarding all the tour dates as well. The ones from the Sixties are here: http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/fwm/inde...518&Itemid=369
Gosh, that's buried so deep in our site I'd forgotten we had that old tour info here! Thanks for finding it! I never would have remembered to look under the Tour Book info.

Mick must have been talking about their Dallas show from 1975. I see it was held at the Moody Coliseum, which is on the campus of Southern Methodist University. SMU isn't really that close to downtown Dallas, or it's airports. So it would make sense that the Eagles would take a chopper out there.

I see Fleetwood Mac also played at the City Coliseum in Austin in 1975 (and in 1974!). I had completely forgotten about that place- it's been gone for so long now. It was an old converted aircraft hangar from WWII. The last place Fleetwood Mac performed in Austin was the Frank Erwin Center (in 1982 & 1987), which will be gone in a couple of years, too. The venues the Mac played during it's heyday are rapidly disappearing around the country it seems. I've seen websites for other artists like Elvis & Bob Dylan that document pictures of every venue those artists played. Kind of neat, definitely gives you more of a feel of those eras for sure.

Sorry for the diversion, folks- history & geography fascinate me endlessly.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I see Fleetwood Mac also played at the City Coliseum in Austin in 1975 (and in 1974!). I had completely forgotten about that place- it's been gone for so long now. It was an old converted aircraft hangar from WWII. The last place Fleetwood Mac performed in Austin was the Frank Erwin Center (in 1982 & 1987), which will be gone in a couple of years, too. The venues the Mac played during it's heyday are rapidly disappearing around the country it seems. I've seen websites for other artists like Elvis & Bob Dylan that document pictures of every venue those artists played. Kind of neat, definitely gives you more of a feel of those eras for sure.

Sorry for the diversion, folks- history & geography fascinate me endlessly.
I enjoy all your posts.

The interesting thing to me about these various coliseums built for concerts is the fact that they cost multi millions to build and seem to have a shelf life of around 20 years. Then they are demolished to make way for the latest greatest technological building.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It would be interesting to hear Christine's current thoughts on Tusk, for sure. Last time she spoke about her favorite Mac albums, she cited the white (1975) album, and Rumours as their best efforts. I know you disagree, Michele, but I think Tusk contains some of the best material of Christine's career. I hate to hear her write off songs like Over & Over, Think About Me, Brown Eyes, etc.
Agreed. I'd love to hear what she thinks about this album nowadays. I also couldn't agree more that every song she recorded for this album was primo! Definitely a gold star for Chris. I can't think of a single one that I consider less than stellar. They're so moody, ethereal and multifaceted. I really hope she chooses to perform one or two of them on this upcoming tour.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

By Mick Fleetwood, April 27, 2014 Sunday Daily Express

http://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.u...es-his-own-way

Mick Fleetwood goes his own way: A love of hats

I AM A wearer of hats.

I've always worn hats, many hats, too many hats at times, and even though I've never given losing my hair much thought, hats have proven to be rather a chic fashion segue as the years have gone by.

Hats are poetic, romantic; they provide generous amounts of theatrics for an old drama queen like myself.

They're also handy to keep about in case things get desperate.

Did you know they make great coin collectors for busking?

My channelling of the Mad Hatter began as a "spark" from seeing my father getting ready for work, donning his Air Force peaked hats and berets.

I have memories of playing dress up in them.

I still have them but, after some 30 years in showbusiness, sad to say my head is somewhat larger than it once was, so my father's hats no longer fit.

I am a collector of hats.

Recently I went to the Westbrook Maker Hat Company in Venice, California, a fine place where all the felt hats are made the old-fashioned way, by hand.

After a lengthy fitting, I ordered several hats that I am excited to be wearing on our upcoming tour.

Hats have always been a big part of my showmanship.

Traditionally, after the encore, I walk on-stage to say my goodnights wearing a red, collapsible top hat, reminiscent of a mad ringmaster under the big top.

Even Stevie will don her top hat at some point during our show.

There are plenty of good hat wearers today but the guy I love the most at the moment is Pharrell Williams and his awesome hats.

I love even more the message of Happy.

That video going viral is a great example of the power of the internet to connect people world-over through music in a way that is both subversive and sublime.

Gotta love those "feelgood" songs!

Many years ago when I was short of a few bob and not "feeling so good" I was persuaded to visit a fortune teller.

Being a die-hard romantic and a believer in fairy tales, I was an easy mark.

Desperation makes us do strange things.

The dubious palm reader asked me what it was in life I needed.

"Well," I said. "I've run out of money!" She told me to bring her $10,000.

Then she instructed me to "donate" (we use this word loosely here) half of it to her "charity" (another loose translation) and the remaining $5,000 (all the money I had to my name) I was ordered to put inside my shoes and into the lining of my beloved hat.

Apparently I was to be rewarded a bounty worth one hundredfold of the investments I had just made.

I can say that it did feel different, walking around packed, head and foot, with the last bit of cash I had.

Before long, I went back to making money more conventionally. But still, I am waiting for the day when the money starts pouring out of my hat!

Over the years, Fleetwood Mac has been known for pulling surprises out of the proverbial hat. No rabbits yet, but who knows? ?

Mick's website is mickfleetwood.com