The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-26-2020, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

lots of videos embedded in this article!
  • Rattlesnake Shake
  • Stop Messin’ Around
  • Man Of The World
  • Oh Well, Part 1
  • Oh Well, Part 2
  • The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown)
  • Albatross
  • Shake Your Moneymaker

https://www.jambase.com/article/mick...-setlist-video

REVIEWS, RECAPS & PHOTOS VIDEOS
Mick Fleetwood, David Gilmour, Pete Townshend & More Play Peter Green All-Star Tribute Concert
Feb 26, 20206:56 am PST Andy Kahn

Fleetwood Mac Peter Green Tribute

Mick Fleetwood led an all-star concert honoring Fleetwood Mac co-founder Peter Green and the early years of the band last night at London Palladium. Pink Floyd’s David Gilmour, The Who’s Pete Townshend, members of Fleetwood Mac and more were part of the benefit supporting Teenage Cancer Trust.

Fleetwood played drums with the evening house band that was made up of guitarists Andy Fairweather Low, Rick Vito and Jonny Lang, drummer Zak Starkey, bassist Dave Bronze and keyboardist Ricky Peterson. ZZ Top guitarist Billy Gibbons was among the first guests of the night, and would appear several times throughout, coming on stage for “Doctor Brown.” Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler was up next, helping sing Otis Rush’s “All Your Love (I Miss Loving).” Legendary British bluesman John Mayall then came out for “Rattlesnake Shake.”

Fleetwood Mac keyboardist Christine McVie emerged next for a Tyler-led rendition of “Stop Messin’ Around” and “Looking for Somebody.” Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher joined an acoustic segment consisting of “Sandy Mary,” “Love That Burns” and “The World Keep on Turning.” Townshend then took the stage for a performance of “Station Man,” the song that inspired the Grateful Dead’s “Passenger.” Current Fleetwood Mac guitarist and Crowded House member Neil Finn was brought out for “Man of the World.” Gibbons and Tyler then came back for “Oh Well, Part 1.” Gilmour’s first appearance came during the subsequent “Oh Well, Part 2.”

Former The Rolling Stones bassist Bill Wyman sat-in on a pair of Elmore James covers, “The Sky Is Crying” and “I Can’t Hold Out.” Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett and Gibbons contributed to a performance of “The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown).” Gilmour then reemerged to add lap steel guitar to “Albatross.” Many of the night’s participants then shared the stage for a show-closing “Shake Your Moneymaker.”

The concert was recorded by Glyn Johns for a later broadcast and box set live album and DVD set. Watch audience-shot video footage captured by Roderick Evans (except where noted) below:

Rattlesnake Shake

Stop Messin’ Around

Man Of The World

Oh Well, Part 1

Oh Well, Part 2

The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown)

Albatross

Shake Your Moneymaker Captured by Darren Guitar

Setlist
Mick Fleetwood at London Palladium
Feb 25, 2020 London, ENG

Rollin' Man
Homework
Doctor Brown
All Your Love (I Miss Loving)
Rattlesnake Shake
Stop Messin' Around
Looking for Somebody
Sandy Mary
Love That Burns
The World Keep on Turning
Like Crying
No Place to Go
Station Man
Man of the World
Oh Well, Part 1
Oh Well, Part 2
Need Your Love So Bad
Black Magic Woman
The Sky Is Crying
I Can't Hold Out
The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown)
Albatross
Shake Your Moneymaker

Setlist info via setlist.fm.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-26-2020, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

WATCH KIRK HAMMETT, STEVEN TYLER + BILLY GIBBONS PERFORM AT PETER GREEN TRIBUTE

PHILIP TRAPPF ebruary 26, 2020
Kevin Winter / Emma McIntyre / Phillip Faraone, Getty Images

Metallica's Kirk Hammett, Aerosmith's Steven Tyler and ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons performed in the all-star band that paid tribute to the music of Fleetwood Mac co-founder Peter Green on Tuesday (Feb. 25). Spearheaded by Fleetwood Mac's Mick Fleetwood, the celebration took place at the London Palladium.

Billed as Mick Fleetwood & Friends, the night's rotation also featured Pink Floyd's David Gilmour and Fleetwood Mac's Christine McVie. Oasis' Noel Gallagher, Jonny Lang, Andy Fairweather Low, John Mayall, Bill Wyman and Ringo Starr's son Zak Starkey took part as well. Watch some fan-captured footage of the concert below.

The whole thing will be documented in an extensive live album. To be released Oct. 19 as a "Super Deluxe" box set containing four vinyl records, two CDs, a Blu-ray disc and a photo book, Mick Fleetwood & Friends Celebrate the Music of Peter Green and the Early Years of Fleetwood Mac is available for pre-order now.

"The concert is a celebration of those early blues days where we all began," Fleetwood explained before the show, as Ultimate Classic Rock reported. "And it's important to recognize the profound impact Peter and the early Fleetwood Mac had on the world of music. Peter was my greatest mentor and it gives me such joy to pay tribute to his incredible talent. I am honored to be sharing the stage with some of the many artists Peter has inspired over the years and who share my great respect for this remarkable musician."

Green formed Fleetwood Mac with the group's namesake drummer in 1967. The act was more of a blues-rock combo before its heady days as a pop-rock radio behemoth. Green helped compose much of the group's early material before leaving the outfit in the early '70s. He went on to perform with the Peter Green Splinter Group and under the guise of Peter Green & Friends before seemingly retiring from the music spotlight in 2010.

But Green isn't completely inactive these days. Just last month, it was reported that Hammett — who now owns Green's "Green" 1959 Les Paul guitar — was working in the recording studio with the early Fleetwood Mac icon. It later emerged that the Metallica member sings on a tribute tune to the musician.

Read More: Kirk Hammett, Steven Tyler + Billy Gibbons Honor Peter Green Live | https://loudwire.com/kirk-hammett-st...edium=referral

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/pe...ibute-concert/
Watch Mick Fleetwood, Steven Tyler, Billy Gibbons, David Gilmour, More Honor Peter Green At Tribute Concert [Videos]
Michael Broerman | Wednesday, February 26th, 2020
Peter Green, Peter Green tribute, Peter Green tribute concert, Fleetwood Mac, Mick Fleetwood, Mick Fleetwood, Christine McVie, Jeremy Spencer, Steven Tyler, David Gilmour, Billy Gibbons, Pete Townshend, Kirk Hammett, Noel Gallagher
Screengrab via Mike Baess "Oh Well (Part 1)"

Mick Fleetwood brought together an all-star cast of classic rock musicians on Tuesday night for a special tribute to former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Peter Green.

The concert, held at The London Palladium, brought together former Fleetwood Mac members including Fleetwood, Christine McVie, and Jeremy Spencer, as well as Steven Tyler, David Gilmour, Billy Gibbons, Pete Townshend, Kirk Hammett, Noel Gallagher, and many more. Notably absent from the concert were Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, and Green himself. The event also served as a benefit for the Teenage Cancer Trust in London.
Related: Mick Fleetwood Says Lindsey Buckingham Will Never Return To Fleetwood Mac

“The concert is a celebration of those early blues days where we all began, and it’s important to recognize the profound impact Peter and the early Fleetwood Mac had on the world of music,” Fleetwood said. “Peter was my greatest mentor and it gives me such joy to pay tribute to his incredible talent. I am honored to be sharing the stage with some of the many artists Peter has inspired over the years and who share my great respect for this remarkable musician.”

The evening featued a dive through the early years of Fleetwood Mac, highlighting the band’s first few albums before Green left in 1970. Stand-out moments from the show included Gilmour taking up the pedal steel guitar on “Albatross”, Tyler doing his frontman thing on “Oh Well (Part 1)”, and the show-closing “Shake Your Money Maker” that saw the entire evening’s cast reconvene onstage. Fan-shot video is available of the guitar greats rubbing shoulders throughout the evening.

Peter Green Tribute Concert – “Green Manalishi” – 2/25

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-26-2020, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick has earned the reputation that he has but as far as this concert goes and whether Peter was there in person or not, I don't think it's fair to criticize him. I could see Peter feeling uncomfortable and not wanting to get on stage. Regardless of whether or not he was there, Peter most certainly deserved a tribute show and is worthy of any and all praise he received. Without knowing it he changed the world and although he wasn't part of Fleetwood Mac when they achieved their greatest commercial success, none of it would have ever happened had it not been for him. The caliber of talent that participated would be spectacular for more popular or better known artists and it's awesome they showed up to honor Peter.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Mick has earned the reputation that he has but as far as this concert goes and whether Peter was there in person or not, I don't think it's fair to criticize him. I could see Peter feeling uncomfortable and not wanting to get on stage. Regardless of whether or not he was there, Peter most certainly deserved a tribute show and is worthy of any and all praise he received. Without knowing it he changed the world and although he wasn't part of Fleetwood Mac when they achieved their greatest commercial success, none of it would have ever happened had it not been for him. The caliber of talent that participated would be spectacular for more popular or better known artists and it's awesome they showed up to honor Peter.
agree with this - and not sure where in this thread you are seeing criticism of Mick for Peter [not] being there.

apparently, Peter was there according to this post on facebook, and wanted to stay incognito on the guest balcony side-stage -
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

someone said that at one point Mick looked like he was directly addressing Peter and then stopped himself - apparently getting a reminder from someone that Peter doesn't want his presence be known.

Old 02-26-2020, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s def a novelty to hear Christine take the lead vocal on “Stop Messin’ Round.” She soldiered through it pretty well. But it’s a shame that the piano we heard wasn’t the piano she played — the tasty licks were coming from the guy in back of her.

Now off to hear some of the other performances.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-26-2020, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It’s def a novelty to hear Christine take the lead vocal on “Stop Messin’ Round.” She soldiered through it pretty well. But it’s a shame that the piano we heard wasn’t the piano she played — the tasty licks were coming from the guy in back of her.

Now off to hear some of the other performances.
Yeah--I noticed this only when I saw a video on a bigger screen. She played chords and did some more animated comping towards the end, but the sparkling playing came from the pianist in back of her. Why?
Old 02-26-2020, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was there too. tight seats in this old theatre ... but what a great night it was. Core-band on fire and the guest musicians were absolutely fab !!! Such a surprise to see Jeremy Spencer playing.

Too many highlights .... the Steven Tyler/Billy Gibbons combo ... David Gilmour on Oh Well part 2, the acoustic part with Noel Gallagher ... Kirk Hammett on Green Manalishi ...

I made a few clips and shared the on Twitter and Instagram, you might have seen them.

Cannot wait for the box-set to relive this show.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This was so beautiful I can almost forget the way Mick made a fool of himself with the Lindsey situation a couple of years ago.

The fact that Mac guitarists from three eras were on the stage was a beautiful thing.
I wish Mick would just say definitively that the group does not exist anymore. Then we can edit Wikipedia and get rid of all this crap about the surviving members of the 2018-19 lineup comprising a current configuration.

Thanks to Mick and all erstwhile members for the good times.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
This was so beautiful I can almost forget the way Mick made a fool of himself with the Lindsey situation a couple of years ago.

The fact that Mac guitarists from three eras were on the stage was a beautiful thing.
wait, Jeremy Spencer, Rick Vito - i can only count 2, which era am i missing?

Peter Green was not on stage.

Old 02-26-2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yeah--I noticed this only when I saw a video on a bigger screen. She played chords and did some more animated comping towards the end, but the sparkling playing came from the pianist in back of her. Why?
It's really infuriating. You came to play and sing blues so do it!!

I'm wondering if her fingers just can't twinkle anymore.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's really infuriating. You came to play and sing blues so do it!!

I'm wondering if her fingers just can't twinkle anymore.
I’m thinking the same thing. Or she was content to play chords because she only sat in on a song or two, right? Whatever the case, we know she can still play, and play very well. Both the BBC documentary and the LB/CM documentary demonstrate her considerable skills on the piano.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Btw: here is another video of Christine’s performance. Some fun banter at the beginning and better visuals throughout:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TpOgam0hAmM
Old 02-26-2020, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wait, Jeremy Spencer, Rick Vito - i can only count 2, which era am i missing?

Peter Green was not on stage.
Jeremy, Rick, and Neil would be the third.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Jeremy, Rick, and Neil would be the third.
Neil Finn? which Fleetwood Mac album is he on?

touring musicians are not considered band members in any band - regardless of how much Mick tries to pretend otherwise.

Old 02-26-2020, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Could Jeremy Spencer save Fleetwood Mac?

Let me dream!

This is beautiful.

https://youtu.be/F16Ufp884cM

ETA: and Rick Vito saves Black Magic Woman from Stevie.

Why didn’t they bring back Jeremy and Rick to “replace” Lindsey?

At least to give this new thing some integrity — and could Mick say “no” to recording with Jeremy??!!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 02-26-2020 at 09:16 PM..