Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1980 View Post
Hi! I´m Angelica from Sweden.
Welcome Angelica! I loved your introduction to FM story. You'll love this site and the knowledge to be learned from all our members is very exciting. What is your fave song by each band member so far?
Old 03-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Welcome Angelica! I loved your introduction to FM story. You'll love this site and the knowledge to be learned from all our members is very exciting. What is your fave song by each band member so far?
vivfox it feels like I am being asked the one million dollar question

I guess you could say that my crush on FM started for real about four weeks ago and since then the love affair with different songs have come and gone....

Day one I started out putting Silver springs on repeat for an entire day at work. I listened to it a great deal about ten years back but without even thinking about it a while lot back then. Now I love it mostly because of the memories it brings back from that time in my life.

I then moved on to creating a list on spotify with the entire Rumors album and day two I had Everywhere on repeat. I like the lyrics and I like the "flow" of the song. It has become my "let's have a great day at work" song that I listen to on my way to work.

Then I had...not a love affair but a crush on Go your own way and Hold me.

After that I found out about In your dreams....and I head over heals feel in love with Stevie. I stumbled upon the Cheaper than free video and had that on repeat for a day or two and mostly I fell in love with the video because of how beautiful and relaxed Stevie looks in it.

By now I found Seven wonders and even though it is a "teenage" kind of song (I think) Not the most brilliant lyrics but I love that it is "fun" and it is my "getting into a good mood" song.

Two weeks into my love affair with FM my six year old son joined me I was playing Say you will quite a lot during a couple of days and suddenly I hear that he has learned the lyrics of the chorus due to me playing it on the way to school. And you have to remember that he doesn't know english...since we are Swedish

My most recent love affairs that don't seem to want to let me go is Stevie's doing "Insider" with Tom Petty. Not the recording but the version from when she went on tour with Tom. LOVE IT!!! Almost made me cry the first times. The other one is Leather and lace....don't really know why but i think it's cute.

Became a LONG posting but to answer the question

Christine: Everywhere just because it was my first interaction with FM. I also really like "Songbird"

Lindsey: To be honest....I am not a big fan of Lindsey even though he has beautiful blue eyes. And even though it is boring I have to say GYOW so far......

And then we have Stevie.....There are several I love for all different reasons...GAAAH it is so hard to choose....Right now, this very moment I am going with.....Moonlight.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Angelica, that was such a beautiful post. You could have made it longer if you wanted to. We Ledgies love reading the mini novels we sometimes post. When you love a band and their songs that much, there is a lot to express. For a person who doesn't have english as a first language, I am amazed at how good your writing skills are.
You will discover many members who will share your taste in songs and you will read about people who love certain songs that other members deplore. We are a fun group of people from all walks of life and we come from places all around the world. I love the fact that we have a member from Peru, another from New Zealand, one from France, another from Italy, one from Holland, many, many from England and a gazillion of us from the United States of America and many more fabulous places I did not name and now we have you from Sweden. WELCOME!!!
Old 03-17-2013, 03:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thank you for making me feel so welcomed

My good English comes from spending a year in Denver, CO as a nanny, one semester at College in Minnesota and then I was briefly...very briefly....like Hollywood style briefly married to an American guy
Old 03-17-2013, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My good English comes from spending a year in Denver, CO as a nanny, one semester at College in Minnesota and then I was briefly...very briefly....like Hollywood style briefly married to an American guy
Sounds a little bit like Stevie's biography.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Sounds a little bit like Stevie's biography.
Right after I posted it I actually thought about the fact that both Stevie and I did the whole "married for the wrong reasons and divorced very quickly" thing but I think that is as much rock n' roll that I will ever get

So vivfox how long have you been a fan and why?
Old 03-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So vivfox how long have you been a fan and why?
I came on board during the Rumours fan craze in the Summer of 1978. After hearing GYOW, Dreams and Don't Stop on the radio from late 1976-1978 I said to myself,'if their next single is as great as these songs then I will buy the album.' YMLF was released as the next single and I couldn't get to the record store fast enough! That day is when I heard The Chain and GDW for the first time and I knew this was going to be my favorite band. And I loved all three singers' voices.