Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Accessible FM members

How cool is technology these days, that I've had ~real time~ online discussions with Rick Vito, Bekka Bramlett, and Bob Welch? Just been trading comments with Rick, on his new signature guitar line, that Reverent Guitars put out.
http://www.reverendguitars.com/rever...signature.html
Of course the technology isn't what makes those members accessible. It's just the natural, humble nature of the artists. I can't imagine Stevie, Lindsey, or my beloved Christine, ever bothering to do that!
FWIW, I'm also FB friends with John and Billy Brunette, but they don't post much, and I'd hate to feel like I might be bothering them.

I love it when heroes turn out to be real people!
Old 06-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
How cool is technology these days, that I've had ~real time~ online discussions with Rick Vito, Bekka Bramlett, and Bob Welch? Just been trading comments with Rick, on his new signature guitar line, that Reverent Guitars put out.
http://www.reverendguitars.com/rever...signature.html
Of course the technology isn't what makes those members accessible. It's just the natural, humble nature of the artists. I can't imagine Stevie, Lindsey, or my beloved Christine, ever bothering to do that!
FWIW, I'm also FB friends with John and Billy Brunette, but they don't post much, and I'd hate to feel like I might be bothering them.

I love it when heroes turn out to be real people!
well, Ken Caillat always engages in conversations with people on both FB and especially twitter. just had a long back-forth with him this morning.

i guess others may be either older / less technology or social networking prone, or just don't want to be openly out there (think Prince's twitter acct under pseudonym). but i have to say if you meet Lindsey in person he is every bit as nice, accessible, generous, open, and engaging as one might wish him to be.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tom Petty (or whoever it is that runs his social media stuff, if it's not himself I guess?) always responds to people, and so does Dave Stewart.

It's always nice when people are open and friendly and approachable, be it online or in person!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, and I understand that Stevie can't do that. She wouldn't have a moments peace! Lindsey could, but his personality isn't suited for it, and Christine just wants to be left alone. Fwiw, Bekka is the absolute sweetest soul in the world! She's always on facebook, either trying to find a lost dog, or trying to organize people to purchase window fans, for the poor and elderly. The whole world could learn a huge lesson from her. Shes as down to Earth as they come.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I really don't understand this automatic correlation between being accessible on social media and being "down to earth" and "humble." If Stevie, Lindsey and Christine choose not to be active on social media, more power to them! Maybe it's because they have each attained a level of professional and personal fulfillment such that they do not feel the need to go fishing for adoration on the interwebs. Sure, I think it would be cool if they were more "accessible," but I think it's also cool that they pretty much want to be left the f*** alone. And let's face it... Ricky, Billy, Bekka and the other Fleetwood Mac castoffs have a "manageable" fan base, i.e., they have small followings, so they are able to allot personal time for their fans. It would be an utter sh**show if Stevie, Lindsey or Christine attempted to do something in real time since their followings are orders of magnitude greater.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
It would be an utter sh**show if Stevie, Lindsey or Christine attempted to do something in real time since their followings are orders of magnitude greater.
It might be more manageable if they did something like that on a regular basis, maybe once every six months. That way it wouldn't seem so 'once in a lifetime' and that every fan better try to log in Now and talk to them.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I really don't understand this automatic correlation between being accessible on social media and being "down to earth" and "humble." If Stevie, Lindsey and Christine choose not to be active on social media, more power to them! Maybe it's because they have each attained a level of professional and personal fulfillment such that they do not feel the need to go fishing for adoration on the interwebs. Sure, I think it would be cool if they were more "accessible," but I think it's also cool that they pretty much want to be left the f*** alone. And let's face it... Ricky, Billy, Bekka and the other Fleetwood Mac castoffs have a "manageable" fan base, i.e., they have small followings, so they are able to allot personal time for their fans. It would be an utter sh**show if Stevie, Lindsey or Christine attempted to do something in real time since their followings are orders of magnitude greater.
No offense intended, but you're not a very happy person, are you?
My intent wasn't to point out that SN, LB, and CM don't have to "mingle", but to point out how positive some of the other members can be. I was pointing out that Bekka is an absolute ray of sunshine, to the human species. And that Rick and Bob are open and accessible...
My glass is always half full...
Old 07-01-2012, 03:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Two or three years ago I ordered CD's from Rick Vito's website and he offered to autograph them for me, no charge.

I obviously jumped at that chance, and he not only signed them all, he individualized each one and offered to sign any other CD's of his (FM material included), all I had to do was send it to him.

We exchanged emails a few times, general type stuff and found him to be a really down to earth, accessible, friendly guy who definitely/genuinely cares about his fans.

Great guy in my opinion.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
....Of course the technology isn't what makes those members accessible. It's just the natural, humble nature of the artists. I can't imagine Stevie, Lindsey, or my beloved Christine, ever bothering to do that!
I do agree about humble nature, specially after reading all those short laconic and succinct.. almost reluctant answers at the Ask Stevie section of the nicksfix.com (after all, I think nobody forced her to open that section, so what did she agree? I never understood, it was like she didn't enjoy answering, then why??), I think your comment applies specially on Stevie.

But on the other hand, can you imagine going to every place and everybody wants to tell you Hello!!, ask for a picture (or just take them without asking you), an autograph, touch you, hug you, etc.? Almost impossible to run some errands alone, stop at a gas station, hang around in Disney World, walk in your street with your dog, enter the Louvre museum, walk in Sunset Blvd., enjoy the sand in Venice beach etc..

Bekka, Rick and the others weren't that famous (maybe Bob was), and their fame momentum were shorter than the Rumours lineup singers. I guess Lindsey, Stevie, Chris, got reeeeally tired of fame during the 70s and 80s. Oversaturated actually. So I'm not surprised they are not accesible at all.

I like to go Broadway theatres every time I go to NYC. Once I saw Tom Hanks with Rita and their sons. He was very serious and entered and left the theatre thru a backstage door (even at intermission) so there was llitle chance to contact him. I just saw him few seconds. Of cours he didn't want to be annoyed. Of course I didn't try to reach him for an autograph or something. I considered it completely inaapropiate.

The 2nd time I saw a movie star was again at a Broadway theatre. It was Whoopi Goldberg. She remained seated during the intermissions (2 friends at her sides) but she was very smiling and friendly so I dared to ask her for an autograph and she signed it for me, very kind.

Yes you are right, there are people and people. But I wouldn't blame on Tom, Stevie, Christine, Prince Charles, etc. I can't imagine how difficult their life must be, in many aspects.

Privacy is something I would never give up (as freedom). In fact privacy is a kind of freedom.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But on the other hand, can you imagine going to every place and everybody wants to tell you Hello!!, ask for a picture (or just take them without asking you), an autograph, touch you, hug you, etc.? Almost impossible to run some errands alone, stop at a gas station, hang around in Disney World, walk in your street with your dog, enter the Louvre museum, walk in Sunset Blvd., enjoy the sand in Venice beach etc..

Privacy is something I would never give up (as freedom). In fact privacy is a kind of freedom.
I totally agree with you, Villavic! Great post and you did the right thing choosing not to follow Tom Hanks for an autograph. Whoopi as always was so sweet
When you love an artist you must respect his/her privacy and think about what you'd do if you were famous too and you couldn't even go in your backyard or at the bathroom without fans or paparazzi following you everywhere, trying to enter in your house, trying to kiss and touch you, always asking for autographs or photos...I'd go crazy! O_o