Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-02-2021, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Ok I think I stumbled across the most bizarre Unexpected Nick/Mac segment ever. This is a prank video of a guy pretending to choke on mashed potatoes. If you dont want to watch the full video, skip ahead to 9:00 for the Edge of 17 part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnQzAvVOoMM
Old 10-10-2021, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heard As Long As You Follow in its entirety at the grocery story yesterday. Then it hit me, I am probably the only one that knows all the lyrics to this song in the store.
Old 10-10-2021, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Heard As Long As You Follow in its entirety at the grocery story yesterday. Then it hit me, I am probably the only one that knows all the lyrics to this song in the store.
Please notice that they weren't playing Oh Daddy.

Old 10-10-2021, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I will admit when I bought Rumours and listened to it the first few times it was my least favorite song on the album. But over the years the music track has grown on me and it is pure magic. It makes me want to put on a cape and dance around a foggy sunrise somewhere in England. It has that impact on me. Oddly enough, Only Over You was my least favorite on Mirage the first year and Storms was my least favorite on Tusk. It took me years to appreciate those songs and realize how brilliant they are. The trouble is they are not what I would call "surface songs." They are deeper than just your typical album song. I can listen to Chris's keyboard playing forever on Oh Daddy. I really wish there was an extended 15 minute version. Mick's percussion is so cool and Lindsey's guitar meshed with Chris's playing can raise the hair on my neck.
I agree with you that Oh Daddy is hard to get that magic on stage. I also agree the Tusk tour versions are best. The Buck/Vie tour in small venues would have been such an opportunity for the song.
My sister bought Rumours in 1977. She was 13. I was six. We played that album on a daily basis. My mother was obsessed with “Don’t Stop”; my siblings and I thought “The Chain was so cool”; but the three songs that got the most play were “Songbird,” “Oh Daddy,” and “Gold Dust Woman.” The one song my sisters often skipped over (but that I secretly loved more than most) was “Dreams” and, when alone,I played side one over and over again.

In my teens, the reverse was true. Side two was everything and those last two songs the pinnacle performances on the record.
Old 10-10-2021, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
My sister bought Rumours in 1977. She was 13. I was six. We played that album on a daily basis. My mother was obsessed with “Don’t Stop”; my siblings and I thought “The Chain was so cool”; but the three songs that got the most play were “Songbird,” “Oh Daddy,” and “Gold Dust Woman.” The one song my sisters often skipped over (but that I secretly loved more than most) was “Dreams” and, when alone,I played side one over and over again.

In my teens, the reverse was true. Side two was everything and those last two songs the pinnacle performances on the record.
My older cousin moved in with us when I was in 6th? grade, bringing along her Rumours 8 track. I became absolutely OBSESSED with it. With every note. I taught myself, through that Rumours obsession, to play guitar and keyboards, and even drums.

I don't really remember obsessing on specific songs(to this day, I usually listen to albums as a whole - and love albums that work perfectly from start to finish). I do remember skipping things that turned your friends off - NTF on Mirage, and probably Oh Daddy. But I listen to those when I'm alone.
It's been a LONG time since 1977, but I'd say Don't Stop was a favorite, and IDWTK was the first guitar solo I ever learned.

Macfan4life is obsessed with forcing the Oh Daddy issue with me...
Old 10-10-2021, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
My older cousin moved in with us when I was in 6th? grade, bringing along her Rumours 8 track. I became absolutely OBSESSED with it. With every note. I taught myself, through that Rumours obsession, to play guitar and keyboards, and even drums.

I don't really remember obsessing on specific songs(to this day, I usually listen to albums as a whole - and love albums that work perfectly from start to finish). I do remember skipping things that turned your friends off - NTF on Mirage, and probably Oh Daddy. But I listen to those when I'm alone.
It's been a LONG time since 1977, but I'd say Don't Stop was a favorite, and IDWTK was the first guitar solo I ever learned.

Macfan4life is obsessed with forcing the Oh Daddy issue with me...
You have serious daddy issues
Old 10-10-2021, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You have serious daddy issues
Yeah, I generally don't care for them.
Old 10-10-2021, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You were probably the only one who knew all the lyrics in at least a 5 mile radius. Stan proud. I meant to say stand proud, but “Stan” works as well.
Old 10-10-2021, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Please tell me you were searching to buy a pot of some description.
Old 10-11-2021, 06:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You were probably the only one who knew all the lyrics in at least a 5 mile radius. Stan proud. I meant to say stand proud, but “Stan” works as well.
True but even more true is I bet I was the only one in the store that not only knew the song but knew who the band was.
Old 10-11-2021, 06:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Please tell me you were searching to buy a pot of some description.
I don't buy my pot there but I get a better deal and better grade somewhere at the end of the rainbow.
Old 10-12-2021, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Watching “The great British bake off”…no it’s not historical it’s about making a cake..
And I’m falling asleep, the programme’s that good. The adverts come on.
A really funny one for John Lewis insurance, a rampant child creating havoc around his home..(hence insurance)…But the music is …..Edge of seventeen.

And it’s loud and fabulous. It’s a really funny advert with whacky music.
And it woke me up, for sure !!
(Sorry if this is in wrong thread)
Old 10-17-2021, 02:19 PM
Junior Ledgie

I was in the kitchen making the evening meal last night, when I heard a familiar tune coming from the living room. My wife loves Strictly Come Dancing, and I ran into the room to see a couple dancing the Argentine Tango to..Tango in the Night! I nearly dropped the plates!

The resident band did a really good job actually, especially replicating Lindsey's face-melting solo at the end. It's so great to hear it so unexpectedly, as it's always been my favourite from the album and one of my favourite FM songs ever. That solo fades way too soon. As far as I know Fleetwood Mac never played it live, and I expect the same is true of Lindsey solo, which is a crying shame. Wonderful track.
Old 10-17-2021, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Then I remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherliar View Post
My wife loves Strictly Come Dancing, and I ran into the room to see a couple dancing the Argentine Tango to..Tango in the Night! I nearly dropped the plates!
Nice!
Lindsey has never played it live.

Old 10-18-2021, 08:22 AM

Wow, that was pretty kewl!