The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-12-2022, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

“To break up with somebody and see them the next morning in the hotel breakfast room … possibly with another person was about as difficult a situation as you could possibly imagine,” she said. “And for me to walk into a … to the breakfast room and see Lindsey sitting with a girl … I mean it was an instant U-turn in the first place, and uh, I mean it was — it was enough to make me absolutely ill.”
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...tely-ill.html/

And:

"Well, when Lindsey and I broke up during Rumours , I started going out with Don Henley. And you know, I was like the biggest Eagles fan of life. And we went out, on and off, for about two years. He was really cute, and he was elegant. ...He is sexy. He's such an interesting guy. Don HenleyHere's one thing that Don did that freaked my band out so much. We're all in Miami, Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles. They're recording at this gorgeous house they'd rented on the water. It's totally romantic. It's pink. It's like Mar-a-Lago. Anyway, he sends a limousine driver over to our hotel with a box of presents for me, and they're delivered right into the breakfast room where everyone's eating. There's a stereo, a bunch of fabulous records. There's incredible flowers and fruits, beautiful.. The limousine driver is taking all this out onto the table and I'm going, Oh, please, please, this is not going to go down well. And they want to know who it's from. And Lindsey is not happy. So I started going out with him. And this is not popular. Sure, Lindsey and I are totally broken up, I have every right in the world to go out with people, but...I spend most of my time with the band, and it's not real conducive to having a relationship. So, I went out with Don for awhile. I went out with [Eagles songwriter] J.D. Souther for awhile. We had an incredible time."

I never really understood what she meant by "breakfast room".. The hotel restaurant? The club lounge? I mean in Europe I've stayed in hotels that only served breakfast and so where you ate meals could be called a "breakfast room" but in the US......

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 07-12-2022 at 09:23 AM..
Old 07-12-2022, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
“To break up with somebody and see them the next morning in the hotel breakfast room … possibly with another person was about as difficult a situation as you could possibly imagine,” she said. “And for me to walk into a … to the breakfast room and see Lindsey sitting with a girl … I mean it was an instant U-turn in the first place, and uh, I mean it was — it was enough to make me absolutely ill.”
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...tely-ill.html/

And:

"Well, when Lindsey and I broke up during Rumours , I started going out with Don Henley. And you know, I was like the biggest Eagles fan of life. And we went out, on and off, for about two years. He was really cute, and he was elegant. ...He is sexy. He's such an interesting guy. Don HenleyHere's one thing that Don did that freaked my band out so much. We're all in Miami, Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles. They're recording at this gorgeous house they'd rented on the water. It's totally romantic. It's pink. It's like Mar-a-Lago. Anyway, he sends a limousine driver over to our hotel with a box of presents for me, and they're delivered right into the breakfast room where everyone's eating. There's a stereo, a bunch of fabulous records. There's incredible flowers and fruits, beautiful.. The limousine driver is taking all this out onto the table and I'm going, Oh, please, please, this is not going to go down well. And they want to know who it's from. And Lindsey is not happy. So I started going out with him. And this is not popular. Sure, Lindsey and I are totally broken up, I have every right in the world to go out with people, but...I spend most of my time with the band, and it's not real conducive to having a relationship. So, I went out with Don for awhile. I went out with [Eagles songwriter] J.D. Souther for awhile. We had an incredible time."

I never really understood what she meant by "breakfast room".. The hotel restaurant? The club lounge? I mean in Europe I've stayed in hotels that only served breakfast and so where you ate meals could be called a "breakfast room" but in the US......
I didn't know about JD Souther.
Old 07-12-2022, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I didn't know about JD Souther.
I did. The list of "nots" is smaller than the list of "dids".