User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-14-2022, 07:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Arrow Album rankings video

There is enough here to make you laugh or scream. But these 3 guys are like us. We are all different and like the Mac for different reasons. Anyway, I got a kick out of this.
Which one of these guys is closest to your beliefs? For me, it's the guy on the right. One consensus of these guys had that I was surprised and thankful to see was the appreciation of Mystery To Me. Each of them had the album ranked high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHcO--3iyOc

Then they rank all members of Fleetwood Mac
I again probably agree with the guy on the right the most

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5r8-UBTXrE

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-14-2022 at 07:31 AM..
Old 01-15-2022, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Watched both videos all the way through with my morning coffee. I really enjoyed it and felt all of the opinions and analysis were valid and well argued. Of course, some of the points were off the beaten track, ie that the White album somehow loses steam after Say You Love Me. Say What? Spot on with BTM and Say You Will. I also agree with the lower rankings of Tango in the Night. No surprise Rumours topped the list for all, it's impossible to beat when measured against the catalogue. Top members is tougher than the album analysis, but although Christine McVie is the most consistent, best vocals throughout and just as professional as they get, Lindsey Buckingham's musicianship, arranging and producing in collaboration with Keith Olsen and Richard Dashut is responsible for the sound that made them famous- he deserves to top the list. Danny Kirwan is number 3 in my view- if he could only have got his act together, another album or two of his amazing playing- they would've made it big, imagine Mystery to Me with Kirwan input it would've could've been a blockbuster album. They were absolutely right to rank Stevie lower, she never quite made the high bar she set for herself in the early days with the last great gasp in Mirage, that's 40 years ago (gulp). I enjoyed seeing the early 70's albums ranked high but surprised they didn't mention the remaster and recommend to the viewers to listen to those versions and not bother with the poor early vinyl/ CD runs- the remaster is magnificent and the way to listen to these albums, and you'll want to hear them start to finish, spectacular.

Last edited by On Ice; 01-15-2022 at 12:25 PM..
Old 01-15-2022, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

They're back with top 10 Mac songs from all eras. Some interesting stuff here. Interesting lists but no list can be without Why in my book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHMxlOhYnRI