User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-06-2021, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Yes I know Christine worked with Lindsey on the Buck/Vie album and they toured together. I don’t see how that how dismisses the idea that Stevie doesn’t want to work with Lindsey in the studio anymore. I thought it was pretty obvious that Stevie wasn’t really happy with Say You Will, either the recording of it or the end result, for whatever reason. It took forever to convince her to do the 4 song EP, and I think she’s only on 2 of those songs. I have no idea what her problem with Lindsey in the studio is, I mean the SYW documentary cast him in a very good light, in my opinion. But something clearly happened there that turned Stevie off with wanting to record with Lindsey again.
Because Old I'm Not The Boss does NOT want to be told what to do. ESPECIALLY BY HIM. His job as producer is to guide her and her songs towards a greater end. Old I'm Not The Boss ain't having it.
Old 12-06-2021, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes I know Christine worked with Lindsey on the Buck/Vie album and they toured together.
They worked together on a Fleetwood Mac album

Quote:
I don’t see how that how dismisses the idea that Stevie doesn’t want to work with Lindsey in the studio anymore.
That Fleetwood Mac album had to become Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie because one of the members of Fleetwood Mac did not participate. And when you're in a band, it's a team. In my home, I'm the boss, absolutely. But I'm not the boss in my band.

Quote:
I thought it was pretty obvious that Stevie wasn’t really happy with Say You Will, either the recording of it or the end result, for whatever reason. It took forever to convince her to do the 4 song EP, and I think she’s only on 2 of those songs. I have no idea what her problem with Lindsey in the studio is, I mean the SYW documentary cast him in a very good light, in my opinion. But something clearly happened there that turned Stevie off with wanting to record with Lindsey again.
If you watch interviews for the Unleashed Tour, Stevie said the next time we tour we're going to have a new album so this one time we'll do all the songs you want to hear. That was 5 years after Say You Will. If she didn't want to record with Lindsey again because making and touring SYW was so bad, would she have told people in 2008 FM will make new music again? Or is it just her history of being a lying DJT before candidate DJT actually was born circa 2015?

Stevie just doesn't like Lindsey having any decision making power. I agree with Homies offering about not being able to listen to Lindsey.
Old 12-06-2021, 07:45 PM
Ledgie

I love Stevie but I think what Lindsey said rings a lot of truth. Remember the days Stevie would say she went solo because she is a prolific song writer and had a back log of songs. Last time we heard new songs was in 2011 when she released In Your Dreams. What has she released since? 24 Karat Gold, Without You from the Fleetwood Mac EP, and Show Them the Way. All songs from the vault. I think Stevie is still a prolific writer; but of poems, not songs. In early interviews she often talked about being a song writer. Now it seems she refers to herself as a poet more often. Somewhere at sometime she stopped taking the poems to the piano it seems. Certainly this slump, for lack of a better word, does provide support what Lindsey says.
Old 12-06-2021, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Yes I know Christine worked with Lindsey on the Buck/Vie album and they toured together. I don’t see how that how dismisses the idea that Stevie doesn’t want to work with Lindsey in the studio anymore. I thought it was pretty obvious that Stevie wasn’t really happy with Say You Will, either the recording of it or the end result, for whatever reason. It took forever to convince her to do the 4 song EP, and I think she’s only on 2 of those songs. I have no idea what her problem with Lindsey in the studio is, I mean the SYW documentary cast him in a very good light, in my opinion. But something clearly happened there that turned Stevie off with wanting to record with Lindsey again.
If you really really want to know Bwboy. Getting KB pregnant turned out to be one of her buttons. (Who knew?) This happened at the end of The Dance.

She needed FMac for SYW. Eventually, having Christine back gave him an avenue to work without her. And that in my opinion was the straw that broke everything. He got to tour, make new music with HER band. When the rest of FM made fun of her, she cut him. It was the smart move for her business.

She absolutely doesn't want to be in the studio with him. She ALSO doesn't want to write new material. Look at the disaster her new song was, not to mention, beyond inappropriate. 24K was terrible worn out versions of some fantastic demos.

She wants to be the boss, make big money on tour 'STEVIE NICKS', stay relevant by playing the witch role and having youth around her. She does NOT want to spend the rest of her life with her ex lover, who HAD Christine, FM, a family, and lives of their own.

She took control of Fleetwood Mac for that reason. It's no accident that she brought in a guitarist that she could control. I know a lot of people want to bless her as the talented legend that wrote Dreams. But as someone said to me that had little clue about FMac. She said to me, "Stevie Nicks reminds me of like the Rosanne of rock and roll. She tries so hard to be a diva, when she's just a clueless entitled white person."
Old 12-06-2021, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She sacked LB and brought in 2 songwriters (and guitarists) to replace him,who wanted to go into the studio and they still couldn't produce new material. The one new piece of new material she did spit out in lock down is downright awful and will make your ears bleed.. Yet, she happily covered anywhere anything anyone asked her too. Her dislike (I don't buy it completely though) of LB aside, it's not far fetched to say, creatively, the well has run dry. He's always been a PIA to her (and everyone else) in the studio, yet, he's the only one who can sort out her crazy style (Soldiers Angel--another one, even with LBs touch--can make your ears bleed). I'd actually be curious to see what he could do with "Show them the Way".
Tom Petty said LB was her best producer, and he's not wrong. And I think that is what pisses her off endlessly.
Old 12-06-2021, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
"Stevie Nicks reminds me of like the Rosanne of rock and roll. She tries so hard to be a diva, when she's just a clueless entitled white person."
Ooh, no you didn't!
Old 12-06-2021, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

“Christine had a bunch of song ideas and I helped her with those...”

It’s not incorrect but his wording, as usual, underplays Christine’s abilities. He always makes sure to let the world know he “helped her” or that “she wanted me to do that for her.” We get it Lindsey, you’re the genius.

I sound annoyed, sure, but I also have a great deal of respect for Lindsey as a songwriter, player, and arranger. I love the new album, even with all the breathy vocals. But man, his constant need to prop himself by underplaying Christine’s musical capabilities is really annoying. He never admits that her “musical ideas” are of interest in themselves.
Old 12-07-2021, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

It’s not incorrect but his wording, as usual, underplays Christine’s abilities. He always makes sure to let the world know he “helped her” or that “she wanted me to do that for her.” We get it Lindsey, you’re the genius.

I sound annoyed, sure, but I also have a great deal of respect for Lindsey as a songwriter, player, and arranger. I love the new album, even with all the breathy vocals. But man, his constant need to prop himself by underplaying Christine’s musical capabilities is really annoying. He never admits that her “musical ideas” are of interest in themselves.
Old I'm Not The Boss may be the standout star, but Christine is what balanced them all out, and made it work. She made them sound cohesive. That's why she had the most hits. She was the glue of FM.
Old 12-07-2021, 03:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I think in his own way he is as much a diva as Stevie.
He is annoying and imagine working in a studio with him when your already a power crazed paranoid yourself.
Enough to turn you into the weird and unrecognisable person you are today.

That said, the main reason she doesn’t get into a studio…..she has no new material, and is in love with the legend that is …”Stevie Nicks”
Old 12-07-2021, 05:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I see things a little bit different than some of you. IMHO she hid behind STEVIE NICKS for her excuse to stay away from the band. She purposely scheduled recordings and tours when she was aware Fleetwood Mac wanted to record and then tour. Yes ego was part of it but IMHO she purposely kept herself busy and used her fame to indirectly say "I dont need you, I dare you to do something without me>"
Old 12-07-2021, 07:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I know a lot of people want to bless her as the talented legend that wrote Dreams. But as someone said to me that had little clue about FMac. She said to me, "Stevie Nicks reminds me of like the Rosanne of rock and roll. She tries so hard to be a diva, when she's (just) a clueless entitled white person."
Truly. Who could say they're writing a song about Dr. MLK Jr and Rep. John Lewis and make it about herself without entertainment media critiquing it? Stevie Nicks. Also, does she not need to be shown the way? Only we need to be shown?

Inducted as a solo artist when there were other women with more contributions to music and culture who hadn't been even nominated. Stevie Nicks

Cozy up to Azoff and he'll buy you want you want and ride your coattails.
Old 12-07-2021, 08:46 AM

Exclamation

Quote:

There are so many amazing songs she has without him. And, on the BuckVie record, she put lyrics to one of his songs and Too Far Gone came out of it. Furthermore, I attended his show and as happy as I am to see him, I honestly can barely tell what he plays on guitar anymore. No bass player..... so f*** right off with the same old, "I had to help Christine."

How the mighty have fallen! (And yes, I know he's been doing that for years) It's just really irritated me this time. Especially, down a bass player.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh boy, a lot to unpack here. None of our idols are perfect by any means but if you look back, all that fame and fortune during the 76-78 period I think shifted this band permanently and lead to the periods that followed. Stevie in particular let the fame go to her head and she was annoying with her constantly commenting on record sales despite night after night of inconsistent performances, even during the heyday. Remember that the early 90's just about destroyed her career until the Dance comeback. Since then, it's been all about the legend (she did some spectacular music, but a legend, she is not). The sad fact is that her well of creativity dried up decades ago, she just can't write a great song anymore. Lindsey can be a bit much at times, but he's spot on with this and I'm glad he's finally put it out there.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
I totally agree. But I wonder, if he's really serious about this: "Buckingham suggests that he’s open to the idea of another reunion with the band," doesn't he consider he might be shooting himself in the foot?
I thought the same thing. It's like, "Oh yeah, Stevie's disoriented and creatively tapped out and it's all her fault we didn't make new music." Beat. "But I'd sure like it if they/she invited me back!" Whaaaaat??

Quote:
Lindsey leaves out another possible explanation for why Stevie wouldn’t record a new album with FM- she doesn’t want to work with him again in the studio. But I can see why he wouldn’t want to mention that possibility.
Also spot on. In fact, she's gone on the record saying as much. She's in her 70s and doesn't want or need to make herself unhappy anymore.

On the other hand, I do agree with the substance of what he's saying even though the WAY he's saying it is tone deaf and arrogant. She's been experiencing a very long and very linear erosion of confidence in her writing since the early 1980s. It seems unlikely anyone could turn that around now.

But sometimes I also look at it like this: She had her ultra-prolific period in the late 70s/early 80s; his has been much more recent. In the end, the two of them will probably come out about even in the amount of material they created. It's just that their timing was way different.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
I thought the same thing. It's like, "Oh yeah, Stevie's disoriented and creatively tapped out and it's all her fault we didn't make new music." Beat. "But I'd sure like it if they/she invited me back!" Whaaaaat??

Also spot on. In fact, she's gone on the record saying as much. She's in her 70s and doesn't want or need to make herself unhappy anymore.

On the other hand, I do agree with the substance of what he's saying even though the WAY he's saying it is tone deaf and arrogant. She's been experiencing a very long and very linear erosion of confidence in her writing since the early 1980s. It seems unlikely anyone could turn that around now.

But sometimes I also look at it like this: She had her ultra-prolific period in the late 70s/early 80s; his has been much more recent. In the end, the two of them will probably come out about even in the amount of material they created. It's just that their timing was way different.
I seriously think she's just tired. And doing anything new at this point is indeed a lot of work. And then doing it with someone that's constantly banging on you in the press, that happens to be your ex lover... Not something most 70+ year olds want to do.

But yea, she has said as much as, "I don't see working with him ever.. and don't know if that will change... " paraphrasing