User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-30-2005, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
As for Michael's appearance, I remember him stating (or maybe it was from an interview he did) that Diana Ross was his Idol and he tried to get his features to match hers: the shape of his eyes/eyebrows cheekbones/chin...his nose was a work in progress, I think he wanted to take it slow but by the last few alterations, there was so little cartilage left it is basically disintegrating. As for his skin color, I seem to recall him saying he had some sort of patchy skin disorder where his skin color wasnt uniform. I dont know how true that is, but if so, maybe he tried bleaching his skin to match? just a thot...

I always thought he wanted resemble Peter Pan. But now that you say that, there may be a resemblence there.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default the infatuation began

When Michael starred with Diana in "The Wiz", he became enamored of her, her talent, her presence, her looks...She was an icon in the Black Music industry, and he was smitten...I think she thought his attention was flattering at first, (Im just guessing here) but Im sure when he went so far as to alter his appearance to look like her, she was repulsed. After all, that is pretty extreme fan worship wouldnt you say?

back to the real topic at hand: I will be interested to see the makeup of the Jury, it is my opinion that Michael is gambling on having the same kind of luck OJ had and I think the timing of his parents crying "racism" is no accident. It will be interesting to see how the Black community responds to THIS trial...
Old 01-30-2005, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When Michael starred with Diana in "The Wiz", he became enamored of her, her talent, her presence, her looks...She was an icon in the Black Music industry, and he was smitten...I think she thought his attention was flattering at first, (Im just guessing here) but Im sure when he went so far as to alter his appearance to look like her, she was repulsed. After all, that is pretty extreme fan worship wouldnt you say?

back to the real topic at hand: I will be interested to see the makeup of the Jury, it is my opinion that Michael is gambling on having the same kind of luck OJ had and I think the timing of his parents crying "racism" is no accident. It will be interesting to see how the Black community responds to THIS trial...
Well I honestly don't think the black community consider MJ part of their race anymore. I just don't see MJ as a representive of black people as a whole as OJ was.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 01-31-2005, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Well, as to OJ

One could make the argument that OJ was trying to leave his "blackness" behind him. He married a White woman, and lived in an upscale White neighborhood. He only remembered his roots when he needed the votes of black jurors.

I dont know whether the Black community considers Michael Black or not, but I think it was easier to embrace an ex football hero than it will be to embrace a pedophile.

there's a saying that you will only get as much justice as you can afford and in each instance (OJ and Michael) you see Black men with deep pockets. It helped OJ, I wonder what it will do for MJ.

Last edited by irishgrl; 01-31-2005 at 07:22 AM..
Old 01-31-2005, 07:26 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I dont know whether the Black community considers Michael Black or not, but I think it was easier to embrace an ex football hero than it will be to embrace a pedophile.
Well, what if we were to look at it as, "it was easier to embrace a murderer than it will be to embrace a pedophile." I think you pitted OJ's claim to fame against Michael's supposed crime. It seems to me that if one looked at what both had been charged of and believed the evidence presented by the prosecution, then OJ is a harder one to swallow, IMO.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
Instead of b!tching all these years, the Jackson family should have gotten Michael help years ago.
I agree. But also.. well.. she is his mother. Mothers sometimes are really blind. Because they love their sons and never accept they could be bad. (though I agree she could use a better defense thant the racism, when he sold 40 million records I don't think people were racist, and believe me lot of white people bought Thriller).

I'm so sad, disappointed and upset about of all this. MJ was a big star and he was talent, that guy doesn't exist anymore. Instead of fixing his image (and I don't mean his face ) he is spoling it more and more with silly, stupid and ridiculous statements like "I'm Peter Pan". Guilty or not he needs a psychiatrist right now, and if he is guilty, take him to jail immediately!

And people is making a circus about it, but MJ is adding more acts to the circus.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

you know what's the saddest of all that? it's that if he wasn't that superstar millionaire that he is, he'd be either forced to get help or being punished years and years ago. like so many times before, this man becomes a victim of his huge talent.

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2005, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommer
you know what's the saddest of all that? it's that if he wasn't that superstar millionaire that he is, he'd be either forced to get help or being punished years and years ago. like so many times before, this man becomes a victim of his huge talent.
Yes, his money and power have enabled him to remain sick/abusive much longer than someone of average means would. That BBC documentary was the final nail for him with the public, he might as well have just admitted outright to being a pedophile. It is no surprise that the boy he was "cuddling" with in that piece is the one who's involved in the case. Everything about their body language in that piece was so wrong. I just can't see MJs name without shuddering anymore and it is so very sad.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default the reason I stated it the way I did

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Well, what if we were to look at it as, "it was easier to embrace a murderer than it will be to embrace a pedophile." I think you pitted OJ's claim to fame against Michael's supposed crime. It seems to me that if one looked at what both had been charged of and believed the evidence presented by the prosecution, then OJ is a harder one to swallow, IMO
I thot long and hard about how I phrased that, and the reason I stated it the way I did was because I could see that at the time of his trial, many people still considered OJ a hero (including btw the law enforcement communities that dealt with his case) and not everyone was convinced of his guilt (obviously since he got away with murder *IMO*) In Michael's case, most people acknowledge his talent, but also have to admit his public behavior has been increasingly WEIRD for some time now. Granted, he hasnt been found guilty YET, but with the prior allegations and his buy off of the last family to bring up such allegations, I think that more people tend to think he DID engage in inappropriate behavior rather than otherwise, thus, its plausible to think of him as a pedophile going into this SECOND instance. Thus, my phrasing in my prior post. Still, I suppose he is entitled to the benefit of the doubt, so, I will rephrase it to say "it was easier to embrace an ex-football hero than it is to embrace a NUTCASE".
Quote:
It seems to me that if one looked at what both had been charged of and believed the evidence presented by the prosecution, then OJ is a harder one to swallow, IMO
murder is more permanent than sexual abuse in terms of the victim's lifespan but if you look at the quality of life for the sexual abuse victim, who has to live with the memories and subsequent psychological harm, I wonder which is really the more harmful in the long run.

Last edited by irishgrl; 01-31-2005 at 02:10 PM..
Old 01-31-2005, 02:06 PM
tommer
This message has been deleted by tommer.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
murder is more permanent than sexual abuse in terms of the victim's lifespan but if you look at the quality of life for the sexual abuse victim, who has to live with the memories and subsequent psychological harm, I wonder which is really the more harmful in the long run.
You have a point there. Both are crimes that are unfathomable to me. My thought processes strike me as strange because I think ending a life is more severe and should be punished more harshly, yet I feel that the psychological damage caused by sexual abuse can be equally as harmful, as you said. I suppose it might just come down to individuals and individual cases. I feel that my life would be worth living to me even if I had been horribly sexually abused (I say that not really know what that is like, though) because life is especially precious to me, but I imagine some would prefer death to that type of abuse. I don't know. Sorry that I'm starting to venture off topic to some degree there.

And I see your point about how Michael's behavior has been strange for some time now, and so his case is different from OJ's in that way. I hadn't thought of that before.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:38 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
http://www.ntlworld.com/partners/itn...ent/895542.php

He would never hurt a child. He loved children too much."
I think that's part of the problem.

(Sorry, the joke was too good to pass up)

Last edited by Total_Agreement; 01-31-2005 at 10:40 PM.. Reason: deleted a little too much. I quoted the first post
Old 02-01-2005, 05:20 AM
Lux
Old 02-01-2005, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I see the point, BUT

Murder is a violent crime, sexual abuse is perceived as not violent (although one could make the case that RAPE is violent) and apparently Michael didnt engage in violence...he DID however, get a young boy (Cancer patient mind you) drunk (he called it Jesus Juice) and engage in as yet unspecified behavior. The last time around the victim was able to describe Michael's penis. If anyone cares to see the case AGAINST MJ, they need to visit another thread I started called THE CASE AGAINST MICHAEL JACKSON and give it time to load, its got lots of pix and text and it details BOTH incidents, the one where he paid off the family and much of this case as well. I think you'll get a different picture of Michael as more than a basically harmless weirdo...
Old 02-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Lux