Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-18-2021, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
I have mixed feelings about this interview. On the one hand, I’m glad that Lindsey is telling it like it is. But on the other hand, I think it has to be said that if he really wants closure and to end things on a good note with FM, talking about how Stevie was jealous of his spotlight in concert isn’t going to do it. (It feels salty in the same way his post-lawsuit press statements about how Stevie was jealous that he had a family and all she has is her career weren’t exactly mending fences).

I don’t think he and john were ever close. It seems like Mick is really the linchpin who kept everyone connected but they don’t have all that much genuine connection to each other than via Mick. As for Christine. She’s weak and we knew that. With Mick as the hub of the band, the McVies could either stay on the ride with Stevie, Neil and Mike or not be in FM. I think that Stevie could always tour solo, and they knew from the Eagles that a band without Lindsey would sell well anyway. So while it is gross and disappointing, honestly it’s not a surprise. They trashed Lindsey in the media during the BTM press too, so it’s not even the first time. Honestly, I doubt anyone in the band besides Mick actually *likes* Lindsey as a person, and over the years Lindsey hasn’t made it easy (though he deserved far better than he’s gotten).

I’m not saying Lindsey owes anyone in that band anything. I’d just as soon he tell all the tales and share what awful people they are. Then again, I don’t want the band to reunite and will never believe anything they do as a group is genuine except for their genuine desire to make money off of fans. But if his goal is reconciliation, sometimes he would he advised to hold his fire.
I disagree. Lindsey has been quiet and taped his mouth shut for decades. When he left in 1987, he could have thrown Mick and Stevie under the bus for the reasons he was leaving. But he was not petty and just moved on.
I am happy that finally he speaks his mind. Did he do things to purposely annoy Stevie. Yes of course. Did she counter? Probably. They have always had this kind of tit for tat relationship. What changed? IMHO it was the jealousy Stevie had between Chris and Lindsey. They went and recorded without her and even toured without her. This is one of the few times the boss did not get her way. She controlled the band at every level. She gets the highest percentage of tour proceeds and sets the band's recording schedule of when she is free. Christine coming back suddenly they had interest in making new music. Stevie's reaction: NOT ON MY WATCH. Her ultimate revenge was not to just leave Fleetwood Mac. She could have done that and walked away. She went for the ultimate kill. She used the power she has in the band to tell Mick, its me or Lindsey. A Sophie's choice. Stevie realized Mick would cater to her because of money. If she really did not want to make new music or tour with the band she could have said "I'm going to sit this one out." But she came for the jugular.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-18-2021 at 06:38 AM..
Old 07-18-2021, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with what MacFan4Life writes. Lindsey speaking real and raw about his view of the demise of the Rumours era band is his prerogative, and by most rationale, past due. I also don't find it particularly inflammatory. I actually think for Stevie the issue was that she did not have as much control as she wanted or believed she was entitled to. Increasingly since 1997 Lindsey was the on stage leader of the band and drove the energy of the show. He already had been the studio leader of the band. As she said in 2013, Fleetwood Mac is a democracy, we all get a vote, but Lindsey gets two. That was likely figurative and not literal, but it is insight into her perception of Lindsey's power within the band. Then he produced a good album with 4/5 of Fleetwood Mac and mounted a tour with Christine that didn't include her. Yes, Fleetwood Mac could be a viable entity without her. Of course clearly not the cash machine without her. That's when her essential nature to the value of the franchise likely became obvious to her, she saw it as her path to assume control, and stick a knife into Lindsey for all the slights, real and perceived, that he had foisted upon her over the past 45 years.

Lindsey has now chose to peal away the BS and let the public know what motivates the most recent version of the band, which is keeping the touring machine (aka the income stream) going. For one go around most ticket buyers could have cared less if Lindsey was there. I still think the 2022 angle to one more cash run will be the return of Lindsey and the Rumours 5 and Lindsey will be a good little compliant soldier.

I do believe it's fan myth, particularly since the return of Christine, that Stevie got a bigger percentage of the touring revenues. The lawsuit filed by Lindsey and his attorneys make it pretty clear the 5 were equal financial partners. His demand for $12-14 million in lost touring income damages from the agreed upon dates, as well as an on going equal percentage of ancillary revenue streams is further evidence he was entitled to an equal income share. Stevie has talked in prior years that Lindsey made way more than everyone else. Likely this is from producer income, but still she could not have been gaining vastly higher touring income from band shows for that belief to have any factual relevance to her. His public net worth has been reported to be higher than Stevie's, though that could easily be incorrect information. Also a divorce settlement will reduce Lindsey's personal asset value, but that's another story.

This was all about control, mixed with a little revenge. Stevie saw the opportunity and seized it.

But in my opinion they will return on stage again no matter what you read and hear them saying about each other. These five people are very adept at sleeping with one another, hating each other, lying about, shunning and ignoring each other for years, only to find their way back to holding hands on a soundstage in Southern California. It is who they are and history repeats itself with them over and over.

Last edited by John Run; 07-18-2021 at 08:02 AM..
Old 07-18-2021, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

But in my opinion they will return on stage again no matter what you read and hear them saying about each other. These five people are very adept at sleeping with one another, hating each other, lying about, shunning and ignoring each other for years, only to find their way back to holding hands on a soundstage in Southern California. It is who they are and history repeats itself with them over and over.[/QUOTE]

Yes all true but now all of them are in their mid and late 70’s with voices that don’t translate well live……Sad but done.
Old 07-18-2021, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

BLY - I agree with you. Lindsey is the youngest one at 71. But if they are all still alive in 2022 the known and continuing demise of their voices will be the last thing that stops these 5 people from hitting the stage.
Old 07-18-2021, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I won't be going to any more tours(although I'd still do a BuckVie).

Because THEY HAVE POISONED THEIR OWN BRAND. It's too late now. Game over.
Old 07-18-2021, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I won't be going to any more tours(although I'd still do a BuckVie).
Yuck. Let her do FinnVie and keep singing Hold Me, Don't Stop and World Turning with him.

As much as Mick was a dirtbag with all of this going down, if Lindsey were going to play with someone again, I'd rather it be Mick.

I don't recall Mick actually saying anything bad about Lindsey other than we weren't happy with him in the band, but he was speaking for Stevie.
Mick seemed to not want to burn any connection to Lindsey. Stevie had Mick by the b***s so he probably was given talking points by Karen.

Christine was saying it's better without Lindsey and she was bringing up Lindsey pulling the jacket over his head to impersonate Stevie... s**t that's 40 years old. To me, she'll go where the wind blows.

It's odd to me that Lindsey didn't think he and John were close considering John played on solo stuff. I never thought of Stevie being close with John other than their nose tap moment in GDW.
Old 07-18-2021, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Yuck. Let her do FinnVie and keep singing Hold Me, Don't Stop and World Turning with him.

As much as Mick was a dirtbag with all of this going down, if Lindsey were going to play with someone again, I'd rather it be Mick.

I don't recall Mick actually saying anything bad about Lindsey other than we weren't happy with him in the band, but he was speaking for Stevie.
Mick seemed to not want to burn any connection to Lindsey. Stevie had Mick by the b***s so he probably was given talking points by Karen.

Christine was saying it's better without Lindsey and she was bringing up Lindsey pulling the jacket over his head to impersonate Stevie... s**t that's 40 years old. To me, she'll go where the wind blows.

It's odd to me that Lindsey didn't think he and John were close considering John played on solo stuff. I never thought of Stevie being close with John other than their nose tap moment in GDW.
Like I said, they have poisoned their own brand.
Old 07-18-2021, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
BLY - I agree with you. Lindsey is the youngest one at 71. But if they are all still alive in 2022 the known and continuing demise of their voices will be the last thing that stops these 5 people from hitting the stage.
John Run- Sad but probably true. My live shows days are over. Great memories of many concerts band and solo tours.
Old 07-18-2021, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is brutal in places. Thank you so much for sharing.
Old 07-18-2021, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
….” Just bought a house”…
What does she mean, she s having to watch the pennies..???
Christine is worth 65 million, for goodness sake.
I know. She is hoarding a fortune and why? For her nieces and nephews? I just don’t get it.
Old 07-18-2021, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This is brutal in places. Thank you so much for sharing.
Brutal is perfect to describe his answers. Grateful this was shared!

Also makes me think that they really were cowards for not even telling Lindsey they wanted him out then ghosted his emails and calls.
Old 07-18-2021, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
Thank you for posting the interview so we didn't have to wait until September.
Old 07-18-2021, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The problem is, these freaks don’t understand how math works. When there are five of you, two people cannot be in the middle. Lindsey, Christine and John together could have defeated Mick and Stevie.

Yes, Stevie is the most powerful and she sells the most tickets, but they were not prepared to go on the road without Lindsey, John and Christine. Thus, the coup would have failed.

Yes, I realize that Stevie may have declared she would never tour at all then, if she could not tour without Lindsey. But she would only have stood her ground for one or two years at most. In the end, she likes the benefits of a Fleetwood Mac tour as much as anyone does and she would’ve given in. If only the McVies had stood with Lindsey.

Of course, maybe Steve Harvey needs to talk to me. I keep rationalizing but maybe the answer is, “He’s just not into you.” Are the McVies weak or do they just not care that much? Are they just not into the Lindsman?
Old 07-18-2021, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The McVies are SPINELESS.

So, that makes "Spineless - party of four".

Actually, party of five, because Lindsey wants to go back to this sh*t show, which is PATHETIC. So much for his artistic integrity.

Prove. Me. Wrong.
Old 07-18-2021, 09:17 PM

Wow, proper darts and honesty about who $TEVIE NICK$ is. (Most of us have always known this.).

He's thrown the same dart at Christine. Makes me realize how much he loves her and how much she's disappointed him over the years. Leaving the band and then being a ghost when he needed her and John.

What strikes me as odd, and maybe Homer is right, he'd go back to this mess. He's not throwing many darts at Mick this time. (Unless I missed them.) It was very hard for me to read some of this as it was so small.

Perhaps, they have some plans to make some music. BuckFleetwood.