User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-05-2021, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
She try to scrap the Glyn Johns sessions too and she said in an interview that he was rude to her during production and used very coarse language toward her. I'd love to know exactly what he said .
If you've never seen History of the Eagles, they didn't really have kind things to say about him either. It was his way or the highway.
Old 07-05-2021, 06:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
She try to scrap the Glyn Johns sessions too and she said in an interview that he was rude to her during production and used very coarse language toward her. I'd love to know exactly what he said .
Remember that Street Angel recording sessions with him began in 1992 at her peak klonopin addiction. I cant even imagine working with someone so aloof and drugged. For what he had to work with, IMHO Street Angel turned out fine. I love the country rock feel of the album (yet Homer claims to like country rock but hates this album is beyond me). I dont like how Stevie blames everyone but herself for the flop album. She says she wanted to redo the vocals on the album. The vocals are fine. She was in a major decline in her life from 1992-1994. Its a miracle an album was even put out.

Maybe he said: Can you bloody show up on time? Who do you think you are? I've been here waiting for 2 hours. And Yes, I've told Bob Dylan that several times so stick a cork in it.

Also remember Street Angel had other songs on it that Glyn insisted Stevie put on the album. In revenge, she removed them and put Docklands, Jane on Listen To The Rain. Some of the songs removed were written by Glyn's son which is probably why Stevie removed them. Unconditional Love was supposed to be the lead single and supposedly a video was shot. Stevie went on a rage and never even bothered to do a video for her first single in many years which hurt the single and album. The songs removed were God's Garden, Inspiration, and I Call You Missing. 2 songs that people make fun of are Docklands because of "laundromat" and Jane because of "chimpanzee." Both those songs were added after Glyn walked away. But this was not the first time a producer walked away in the middle of an album with Stevie.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-05-2021 at 06:42 AM..
Old 07-05-2021, 08:00 AM
Senior Ledgie

re:The songs removed were God's Garden, Inspiration, and I Call You Missing.

"Inspiration" would have been a welcome addition! It was in my playlist for "Street Angel" for a few years.

With respect to the current work with Kurstin, I'm looking forward to see how that turns out.
Old 07-05-2021, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Remember that Street Angel recording sessions with him began in 1992 at her peak klonopin addiction. I cant even imagine working with someone so aloof and drugged. For what he had to work with, IMHO Street Angel turned out fine. I love the country rock feel of the album (yet Homer claims to like country rock but hates this album is beyond me). I dont like how Stevie blames everyone but herself for the flop album. She says she wanted to redo the vocals on the album. The vocals are fine. She was in a major decline in her life from 1992-1994. Its a miracle an album was even put out.

Maybe he said: Can you bloody show up on time? Who do you think you are? I've been here waiting for 2 hours. And Yes, I've told Bob Dylan that several times so stick a cork in it.

Also remember Street Angel had other songs on it that Glyn insisted Stevie put on the album. In revenge, she removed them and put Docklands, Jane on Listen To The Rain. Some of the songs removed were written by Glyn's son which is probably why Stevie removed them. Unconditional Love was supposed to be the lead single and supposedly a video was shot. Stevie went on a rage and never even bothered to do a video for her first single in many years which hurt the single and album. The songs removed were God's Garden, Inspiration, and I Call You Missing. 2 songs that people make fun of are Docklands because of "laundromat" and Jane because of "chimpanzee." Both those songs were added after Glyn walked away. But this was not the first time a producer walked away in the middle of an album with Stevie.
With the Eagles, Glyn insisted on no drinking or drugs in the studio. Henley had no problem with it. Glenn had a problem with it, and he and Johns were "like oil and water".
Old 07-05-2021, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
With the Eagles, Glyn insisted on no drinking or drugs in the studio. Henley had no problem with it. Glenn had a problem with it, and he and Johns were "like oil and water".
Stevie had not one but 2 ace producers walk away in the middle of an album because of drugs.
When she fired Frontline and blamed them for making her go to rehab, things got worse. She had 2 albums in a row in chaos. Timespace was not properly promoted where she toured months before the album was released and never did any of the new songs on stage. The tour ended and finally the album was released and no one cared. MTV really did not even play Sometimes Its A Bitch. Then when she was off the short tour, she was interviewed by Rhonda UP ALL NIGHT where she stated she already missed the road. Then she did finally perform a new song on Arsenio (too late girl). The promotion was all screwed up. The album and single/video released and then you do your TV spots and hit the road to promote it. Then klonopin also made Street Angel an train wreck to get through. Lord help you what people had to go through during the first year.
Missed opportunities big time. During the summer of 1991, the country was celebrating the end of the Persian Gulf war. She could have dedicated Desert Angel to the troops from the stage and even released it as on official song and dedicated proceeds to the troops. Ooops, I forgot. It was not released till months later.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-05-2021 at 01:31 PM..
Old 07-05-2021, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
During the summer of 1991, the country was celebrating the end of the Persian Gulf war. She could have dedicated Dessert Angel to the troops from the stage and even released it as on official song and dedicated proceeds to the troops. Ooops, I forgot. It was not released till months later.
What happened with her Soldier's Angel charity?
Didn't she have a launch in 2007 where Cameron Crowe and Nancy Wilson came?

The last charity I heard of her doing was giving proceeds from Show The the Way to MusiCares.
Old 07-05-2021, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Despite her 2014 turn on "American Horror Story," Nicks has no plans to play a major role in the miniseries, though she's not opposed to the idea of "riding by on a white horse or something." She won't dish on her dream cast but says that Harry Styles "is definitely in the running."

Who's holding their breath?
Oh, yes, oh my! Harry Styles as the prince and Vanessa Carlton as the princess — a TV dream team. The Rabe actress, too. And Chris Nicks, surely there is a part for him? Seriously, though, I’d like to see Vince Gilligan write and produce it, rather than the American Horror dude, who strikes me as second rate.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-06-2021, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Message from Stevie

Old 07-06-2021, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie had not one but 2 ace producers walk away in the middle of an album because of drugs.
When she fired Frontline and blamed them for making her go to rehab, things got worse. She had 2 albums in a row in chaos. Timespace was not properly promoted where she toured months before the album was released and never did any of the new songs on stage. The tour ended and finally the album was released and no one cared. MTV really did not even play Sometimes Its A Bitch. Then when she was off the short tour, she was interviewed by Rhonda UP ALL NIGHT where she stated she already missed the road. Then she did finally perform a new song on Arsenio (too late girl). The promotion was all screwed up. The album and single/video released and then you do your TV spots and hit the road to promote it. Then klonopin also made Street Angel an train wreck to get through. Lord help you what people had to go through during the first year.
Missed opportunities big time. During the summer of 1991, the country was celebrating the end of the Persian Gulf war. She could have dedicated Desert Angel to the troops from the stage and even released it as on official song and dedicated proceeds to the troops. Ooops, I forgot. It was not released till months later.
Desert Angel was an embarrassment. It was God awful and didn't belong on any album. Nobody bought the album for that song.
Old 07-06-2021, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Desert Angel was an embarrassment. It was God awful and didn't belong on any album. Nobody bought the album for that song.
Come on now. She was born in the desert in a manger so she knows how it feels there. You may not care for the song. However, it was big news back in 1991 when Stevie wrote to the troops. Troops signed flags and sent them back to her. It was reported that she wrote a song. I surely was curious to hear it yet it was never released even as a tribute to the troops. Whether you like it or not is not the point. I was making the point how screwed up she was and her management was. By the time the album was released, the welcome home parades were over. Also how do you go on tour to promote and album and new songs and not perform at least one of the new songs.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-06-2021 at 04:56 PM..
Old 07-06-2021, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Somehow this just doesn't say album to me, it seems more like a one-song thing.
Old 07-06-2021, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
One horrible song already from that particular team is more than enough.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is it the gray video that gives that feel?
Old 07-06-2021, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I have been imagining what he said and thinking that maybe he called her an expletive. But I like your suggestion that maybe all he did was scold her work or work ethic and she could not take it.
Old 07-06-2021, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It would be like saying, “Gee, I wish there was a whole album of Mabel Normands.”