The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Stevie's voice sounded better on ...
The Say You Will Tour 17 45.95%
The Unleashed Tour 20 54.05%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Ledgie

Default Stevie's voice on last 2 Mac tours...

There's been some debate recently on the Stevie forum about the quality of Stevie's voice after her performance on Ellen singing Stand Back.

I also recall on this forum previously there being a poll about whether you thought Stevie sounded better singing Beautiful Child on the Say You Will Tour or Storms on the Unleashed Tour...

So what i was wondering, for the people who went to both, do you think Stevie's voice sounded better during the Say You Will tour or on the more recent Unleashed tour?

Personally I only got to see the band at the Unleashed Tour in Dublin as i wasn't old enough when they toured Belfast for Say You Will, so i can't really comment objectively. However at Dublin (I went on the first night) I thought Stevie sounded pretty good...

Just interested to see what other people's thoughts are...
Old 01-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^Yes, first night in Dublin was great, second night, not so much. First night at Wembley was phenomenal.

I think Stevie's performances on Unleashed were a mixed bag- definitely not as consistent as SYW. But some songs improved on Unleashed, e.g., "Sara," while others suffered, e.g., "Gypsy." I would have to say that they are pretty much equal, but I will give the edge to SYW for consistency.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I quitre liked Rhiannon more on the unleashed tour... so I'm gojnna go for that. To me, Storms and BC livr, just sdounfrf... dull. The stuido versions weare the best!

Old 01-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That performance on Ellen was not good. What I recall from Unleashed and Say You Will was 2 amazing performances - Beautiful Child and Storms.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My 2 cents, I thought they were about equal.

For SYW, Stevie seemed uninspired singing (& in general) about the new material (that we would find out later she was less than enthusiastic about) But she did "Beautiful Child" justice. I thought she was more stoic on this tour. Remember all the rumblings on the Ledge, that perhaps she was having hip/joint problems.

For Unleashed, Stevie seemed much happier to not have to perform/sell new material and it showed in her demeanor & singing. She did "Storms" justice, but needs to put SS to bed.

So add up the plus's and subtract the negatives and I end up with just about equal. But I gave the nod to Unleashed, Probably because it's fresher on my mind & I remember being in the arena, thinking that she was singing technically better than ever. Her pitch was great, she sings cautiously while still hitting some great notes but her harmony was flawless & spot on. Like I said the only cringe moment for me was when she did Silver Springs, But the general crowd eats up the drama of that song to much to even notice.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:08 AM
Senior Ledgie

I thought i was the only one who didn't like the Ellen performance I watched it on You Tube (dvred it but haven't watched it), and was like uuhhhh don't like this performance other then the long note at the end.

Never saw any of these tours, but saw a video of Beautiful Child and though the original was better cause i love the high notes she hits it soo beautiful! I like Storms too but i haven't heard a live version.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Her singing was about equal on the last two tours--solid, shrunken range, but very powerful within that range. She's one of those singers who will sing until she has literally one note left--but it'll be a great note.

She sounded a bit tired on Unleashed, but I blame some of this on the same old song formula. Ditch Dreams, Gypsy, Rhiannon and Landslide.

She performed an incredible Stand Back when I saw her in Rochester.

Her performance of Stand Back on Ellen was a disappointment but it had more to do with not finding the right pitch. I think she started off and stayed that way through the whole thing. (This occasionally happened to Christine, too.) She's got about 15,000 more amazing performances left in her.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLee770 View Post
There's been some debate recently on the Stevie forum about the quality of Stevie's voice after her performance on Ellen singing Stand Back.

I also recall on this forum previously there being a poll about whether you thought Stevie sounded better singing Beautiful Child on the Say You Will Tour or Storms on the Unleashed Tour...

So what i was wondering, for the people who went to both, do you think Stevie's voice sounded better during the Say You Will tour or on the more recent Unleashed tour?

Personally I only got to see the band at the Unleashed Tour in Dublin as i wasn't old enough when they toured Belfast for Say You Will, so i can't really comment objectively. However at Dublin (I went on the first night) I thought Stevie sounded pretty good...

Just interested to see what other people's thoughts are...
Good or bad feedback?
Old 01-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Ledgie

Mostly bad Meowi.
Quite a lot think she started out off pitch and it continued that way through-out. Most would agree that the best part of it was her sustained note for "why don't you take me home...."
Personally I thought she wasn't awful but by no means was it a "good" Stevie performance...

Here's the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyp3iIiI9S8
Old 01-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Ditch Dreams, Gypsy, Rhiannon and Landslide.
That's never going to happen, and rightly so. It might be fun for us diehards to see different songs, but if you were going to your first Fleetwood Mac concert after waiting for decades to see then, you would want to hear all the radio staples from your youth.

x
Old 01-26-2011, 02:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default saw them both

and Say You Willl was much more impressive , vocally. i saw her in New Orleans for Unleashed and i think she might have been sick. there was an aged lesbian couple in front of me screaming "get it togewther Stevie!" . That was more disturbing than anything else.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
and Say You Willl was much more impressive , vocally. i saw her in New Orleans for Unleashed and i think she might have been sick. there was an aged lesbian couple in front of me screaming "get it togewther Stevie!" . That was more disturbing than anything else.
You were one of the lucky ones to hear a snippet of the New Orleans song Live.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
You were one of the lucky ones to hear a snippet of the New Orleans song Live.
and there was a line about vampires in it. i wonder if that was split into the Twilight song she mentioned?
Old 01-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Heart

Overall, I think her Unleashed tour voice was better, except for a few songs. Gypsy was far better on the Say You Will tour. Beautiful Child was breath-taking on the SYW tour. Her Unleashed tour voice quality held up better overall though, Gold Dust Women-fantastic.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:35 AM
Senior Ledgie

I went to Both Brisbane tour dates for both Unleashed and Say you will, Stevie was amazing both nights of say you will and even better on her solo tour a year later.

her voice was lacking a bit and she didnt seem interested during the unleashed tour, but to be fair we were the second last venue for a world tour. - I could never keep up intensity that long.

Lindsey blew me away both tours, whatever she lacked he made up for.

The one thing I did miss from the unleashed tour was her incredible wailing/screaming during gold dust woman, that can send chills down my spine, oh and the big twirl in stand back.