Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Say You Will (the song) Question

Who sings the background "Say You Will" on the offbeat line after the guitar solo, and before the kids chime in?

Any thoughts?
Old 01-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Who sings the background "Say You Will" on the offbeat line after the guitar solo, and before the kids chime in?

Any thoughts?
Sheryl Crow

Michele
Old 01-28-2011, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought there was some debate over whether she sang on that tune. I surely could be mistaken though.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
I thought there was some debate over whether she sang on that tune. I surely could be mistaken though.
No, you're probably right there was debate. But if you're definitely hearing a voice besides Stevie and the kids, I think it would have to be her.

Michele
Old 01-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Agreed there has been a debate, but Sheryl did sing and play on two tracks: Say You Will and Silver Girl. She is credited as a additional performer in the liner notes. I know I definitely hear her voice in the mix.

Here she is playing keys on Say You Will:

Old 01-30-2011, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default seeing that

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Agreed there has been a debate, but Sheryl did sing and play on two tracks: Say You Will and Silver Girl. She is credited as a additional performer in the liner notes. I know I definitely hear her voice in the mix.

Here she is playing keys on Say You Will:

gets me even more annoyed at Lindsey. Sheryl clearly idolizes the band yet Lindsey was soo bitter towards her in interviews. why?? is it because TISL outsold SYW? just a strange thing to me.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
gets me even more annoyed at Lindsey. Sheryl clearly idolizes the band yet Lindsey was soo bitter towards her in interviews. why?? is it because TISL outsold SYW? just a strange thing to me.
He's just jealous of her relationship with Stevie.

Seriously, don't think that he was bitter towards her at all. Several possibilities were happening: they were trying Sheryl out, Stevie was working to get her in, Sheryl was pressuring Stevie to get her in, Lindsey agreed to try and after all was said and done they all (or management) decided it wasn't a great idea.

I'm sure Lindsey gave no thought to the sales figures of TISL vs. SYW.

Biz is biz.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
Lindsey expressed no bitterness towards Sheryl until her premature announcement about joining the band. After that, when asked about her, he went overboard in his biting comments, yes. However, before that, he never said anything unkind about her at all, nothing negative in 2003 or 2004 when SYW was being promoted.

Michele
Old 01-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Lindsey expressed no bitterness towards Sheryl until her premature announcement about joining the band. After that, when asked about her, he went overboard in his biting comments, yes. However, before that, he never said anything unkind about her at all, nothing negative in 2003 or 2004 when SYW was being promoted.

Michele
I can't think of anything truly biting that he said though. He just said she took it upon herself to announce to the world she was joining FM - which was true, unless of course it was all a publicity stunt...
Old 01-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I can't think of anything truly biting that he said though. He just said she took it upon herself to announce to the world she was joining FM - which was true, unless of course it was all a publicity stunt...
Well, he said that Stevie and Mick were upset with her (which means that he, Lindsey was really upset) and was just sarcastic about the whole thing. He could have just gone with the whole, "She couldn't rehearse on Mother's Day" cover story. Which was stupid and I'm glad he didn't. But I also wish he had just said what really happened once and then declined to talk about it further.

After her RRHOF introduction, I didn't get the feeling that Sheryl was really that much a fan of the whole band anyway.

Michele
Old 01-31-2011, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
After her RRHOF introduction, I didn't get the feeling that Sheryl was really that much a fan of the whole band anyway.
No more so than the average Joe, anyway.

Actually, it might have been Sheryl's inane & insulting RRHOF introduction that predisposed Lindsey against her to begin with. I always thought it was her bland music that Lindsey didn't want to bring into the band, but maybe it was the way she had nothing of any analytical or cultural value to say about Fleetwood Mac. She stood there & acted like a chiffonhead, reliving the joy of her Stevie Nicks-inspired shag haircut as a teenager.

moviekinks.blogspot.com