User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-11-2004, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by golden braid
I don't understand why they didn't let four of the contestants sing on Tuesday. I agree that Lisa should have been able to. Leah kind of sucked and shouldn't have made it. John wasn't that great either but at least he did something different and was entertaining.
I thought Leah totally butchered the masterpiece that is "Let's Stay Together." No one can top the Tina Turner version (not even Al Green!). Never. Ever. It would be like Joni Mitchell trying to sing Mariah Carey: it can't be done.

Old 03-11-2004, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
I thought Leah totally butchered the masterpiece that is "Let's Stay Together." No one can top the Tina Turner version (not even Al Green!). Never. Ever. It would be like Joni Mitchell trying to sing Mariah Carey: it can't be done.
She made my ears bleed. Seriously. That and her wannabe in a broadway show kind of walk across the stage. I still say Lisa got shafted. In one breath you tell the girl she's possibly the best singer in the competition yet you don't pick her. Perhaps they thought her voice was too much like Kelly's? I'm not sure. But I think she deserves to be there over Leah and over..hell...all of them.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Or like Joni trying to dress like Mariah.

- Jake
Old 03-13-2004, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
She made my ears bleed. Seriously. That and her wannabe in a broadway show kind of walk across the stage. I still say Lisa got shafted. In one breath you tell the girl she's possibly the best singer in the competition yet you don't pick her. Perhaps they thought her voice was too much like Kelly's? I'm not sure. But I think she deserves to be there over Leah and over..hell...all of them.
I suspect it's her look, which IMO is a stupid reason. What else could it be? Her personality is fine & Randy said her voice is one of the best.

- Jake
Old 03-13-2004, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
I suspect it's her look, which IMO is a stupid reason. What else could it be? Her personality is fine & Randy said her voice is one of the best.

- Jake
See, and I think that's totally absurd. She could get her hair cut, colored and styled and they could put her in clothing that fits her proportions better if that's the issue. Most of Hollywood wouldn't be attractive at all if it weren't for the fact that people fuss over them all the time. And as far as weight is concerned? I didn't think she was fat. I thought she was a cute girl with an amazing voice. But now look at what we're left with in the competition. Convulsions boy
Old 03-13-2004, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
See, and I think that's totally absurd. She could get her hair cut, colored and styled and they could put her in clothing that fits her proportions better if that's the issue. Most of Hollywood wouldn't be attractive at all if it weren't for the fact that people fuss over them all the time. And as far as weight is concerned? I didn't think she was fat. I thought she was a cute girl with an amazing voice. But now look at what we're left with in the competition. Convulsions boy
Hey, you're preaching to the choir.
But I'd rather have Convulsoboy in there than LeahLaBlow any day.

- Jake
Old 03-16-2004, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah and how about the double standard of the "big boys" getting in the top groups? I mean, Ruben won the last competition and he's no waif.

Not trying to start a war here, the double standard is glaring!
Old 03-16-2004, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree Lisa should have gotten in, she was one of my faves from the very start.

I'm not sure what it was that left her excluded, maybe it was her image/weight/look - but let's not forget Kim Locke from last year -they HATED the way she looked at the beginning (well, Simon did anyway) then the stylists got ahold of her, changed her hair, makeup & wardrobe & she was in the top 3! (BTW - I thought she was beautiful BEFORE they "did her up", and her voice is amazing - she sang "Crazy" on CMT's 100 Greatest Country Songs Special and it was phenomenal!)

I have to diagree with you guys about Leah - I like her voice, it's strong & different. I do think I detect a bit of an accent occasionally & it sounds odd. It doesn't matter, I don't think she'll make it very far anyway - not with Latoya, Jennifer & Fantasia in there, anyway.

Paula
Old 03-17-2004, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Tuesday Night

I thought Jennifer,and George were all great. (That's right, Convulso-boy.)
LaToya, Camille, ConvulsoBoy, and Fantaysia were all very good. I thought Simon had nerve saying that Jennifer was over-singing. Fantaysia was more guilty of that, IMO, plus she ends all her songs the same way.
A good show, I thought.

And Leah, ba-bye.
(Though I thought the football guy was AWFUL as well.)

- Jake
Old 03-17-2004, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Tuesday Night

Quote:
I thought Jennifer,and George were all great. (That's right, Convulso-boy.)
LaToya, Camille, ConvulsoBoy, and Fantaysia were all very good. I thought Simon had nerve saying that Jennifer was over-singing. Fantaysia was more guilty of that, IMO, plus she ends all her songs the same way.
A good show, I thought.

And Leah, ba-bye.
(Though I thought the football guy was AWFUL as well.)

- Jake
I really like Diana. I have a feeling no matter WHAT song genre she's asked to sing, she'll be able to do it and do it well. Thus far she's been incredibly consistant, unlike the others. I thought Jennifer looked gorgeous last night...finally, a super cute outfit that fit her well and wasn't distracting. I still am not a fan of convulsoboy but the guys in this competition aren't that great so it's not like I have anything to compare him to.

Goodbye, Leah
I hope your stiletto heels not broken
You sucked, you see
Simon and the judges have spoken
Jake hated you allllll the time
No record deal for you one day
Old 03-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Tuesday Night

Quote:
Goodbye, Leah
I hope your stiletto heels not broken
You sucked, you see
Simon and the judges have spoken
Jake hated you allllll the time
No record deal for you one day

Old 03-17-2004, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK, OK, I'm ready to admit it: Leah was not good last night.

Actually, I didn't think anybody was BAD, but Leah & Football Guy were very blah.

I wasn't thrilled with Camille either - she was so nervous her voice was quivering & she didn't belt it out like we've heard her do - she can do A LOT better.

And John Stevens has a beautiful voice, but he better pick up the pace or he'll start putting everyone to sleep before they get a chance to vote for him!

Paula
Old 03-17-2004, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The results show sucked!
I cannot believe Matt was up there safe but Jennifer was in the bottom two! He doesn't deserve to share the stage with her. I realize her style might not be for everyone, but she was at least in the top four or five Tuesday night.
What Bullsh!!!!t.

- Jake
Old 03-17-2004, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The results show sucked!
I cannot believe Matt was up there safe but Jennifer was in the bottom two! He doesn't deserve to share the stage with her. I realize her style might not be for everyone, but she was at least in the top four or five Tuesday night.
What Bullsh!!!!t.

- Jake
Yes, I agree that was complete and total BS. Matt doesn't belong there, IMO. Jennifer's voice is not necessarily my style but I felt if anyone deserved to be in the bottom two it was Amy, the girl that wears the rainbow wristband, Leah and Matt.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is that ho Leah gone?!

I missed it, fill me in, darlings!