User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-25-2022, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyGloff View Post
I think it's weird "Paper Doll" was recorded for Greatest Hits because her vocals sound very "Street Angel" on it to me which wouldn't be until a few years later.
Yes! I always thought the same. I bet she went back and recorded a new vocal in preparation for The Chain box set, along with perhaps the band recording some additional overdubs. She could have done it in the same sessions where she recorded backing vocals for Christine’s “Heart of Stone.”

Last edited by blinker12; 12-26-2022 at 09:40 AM..
Old 12-25-2022, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I also think that being on the GH CD has given it and As Long As a you Follow a lot of listens, so that even the casual fan of FM have heard the songs. For that reason, I think they would have been great for FM to play live… especially more so with Rick and Billy but also with Mike and Neil.
I think Sweet Girl is more known by casual fans than NQA. NQA could have easily been played on the BTM Tour, especially since Stevie didn't do Love Is Dangerous many times. NQA could have been her new song representation in the set when Love Is Dangerous was dropped. Then you have Sweet Girl which was done every show in 1997.

It seems Stevie just doesn't care much about NQA
Old 12-25-2022, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
It seems Stevie just doesn't care much about NQA
I think she was so tranqued at the time that she doesn’t remember it that much or associates it with a hard time in her life.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-26-2022, 07:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think she was so tranqued at the time that she doesn’t remember it that much or associates it with a hard time in her life.
I think the latter too. Hence why I think she hasn't sung Rooms On Fire, Whole Lotta Trouble, Talk To Me,I Can't Wait, Blue Denim, or Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind (all pop songs) in decades.
And why she didn't sing Paper Doll or Freedom on the FM 2018 Tour. Paper Doll was on the 50 Year anthology too.
Old 12-26-2022, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
I think the latter too. Hence why I think she hasn't sung Rooms On Fire, Whole Lotta Trouble, Talk To Me,I Can't Wait, Blue Denim, or Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind (all pop songs) in decades.
And why she didn't sing Paper Doll or Freedom on the FM 2018 Tour. Paper Doll was on the 50 Year anthology too.
I dont see her singing songs like Paper Doll or Freedom in concert no matter what band or where. Most people dont know those songs and it represents a bad period in her life. They also did not sell well.
Old 12-26-2022, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I dont see her singing songs like Paper Doll or Freedom in concert no matter what band or where. Most people dont know those songs and it represents a bad period in her life. They also did not sell well.
On the other hand, I don't get why she or Lindsey didn't throw Fireflies into rehearsals for SYW, Unleashed, or Live 2013. Maybe they figure people don't know or want to hear bonus tracks or odd songs on compilations. She didn't sing Sometimes It's A, Desert Angel, or Love's A Hard Game To Play on the TimeSpace Tour.

In buying my tickets for the 2018 Tour, I was excited thinking that Stevie was really going to do her rare songs since every tour beginning with The Dance she stage debuted or resurrected a gem but I got nothing good from her for the $150 - $300 tickets I paid for my couple of shows, instead I got her singing songs that weren't hers.
Old 12-26-2022, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
On the other hand, I don't get why she or Lindsey didn't throw Fireflies into rehearsals for SYW, Unleashed, or Live 2013. Maybe they figure people don't know or want to hear bonus tracks or odd songs on compilations.
Because Christine wasn’t there. Stevie wasn’t going to sing her love letter to the five fireflies with one firefly not there.

Quote:
In buying my tickets for the 2018 Tour, I was excited thinking that Stevie was really going to do her rare songs since every tour beginning with The Dance she stage debuted or resurrected a gem but I got nothing good from her for the $150 - $300 tickets I paid for my couple of shows, instead I got her singing songs that weren't hers.
It was the 50th Anniversary tour and they had a career retrospective released during the tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-26-2022, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was the 50th Anniversary tour and they had a career retrospective released during the tour.
I get that but Stevie could have done Crystal, Angel, or Straight Back without a problem as part of her 4/5 of her own songs she did.
Even when they played their last tour date in Las Vegas, they played the 3 covers instead of FM songs. So drop four Mac songs but keep 3 covers. Give me my money back!
Old 12-26-2022, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Because Christine wasn’t there. Stevie wasn’t going to sing her love letter to the five fireflies with one firefly not there.
My thought exactly. She should have brought it back in 2014 to commemorate the 5 fireflies being together again.
Old 12-27-2022, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
On the other hand, I don't get why she or Lindsey didn't throw Fireflies into rehearsals for SYW, Unleashed, or Live 2013. Maybe they figure people don't know or want to hear bonus tracks or odd songs on compilations. She didn't sing Sometimes It's A, Desert Angel, or Love's A Hard Game To Play on the TimeSpace Tour.

Silver Springs was a cult classic and even played on the radio far before the Dance. The Dance was the anniversary of Rumours so introducing a B side cult classic just fit perfectly.
My point is that its possible to get deep cuts from popular Mac albums but we will probably never get deep cuts from albums that were considered flops for their time. Stevie never even did all her deep cuts from Rumours and Mirage let alone digging up BTM and its outtakes.
Sadly the sets are always picked for the casual fan (not us). The 2018 tour just reminded the band dont dig too deep as many of their "surprise" deep cuts went over like a lead balloon and dropped. Fleetwood Mac fans are really against the grain. The band was always bitten by their audience for performing new songs even on the Rumours tour (believe it or not). We laugh at the stale setlists but I think the Mac got really shy about setlists. It seems their "fans" had expectations what to hear and did not care about anything else. This does not even take into account that most of the live show "fans" are exclusively Stevie fans. One of the saddest and maddest moments in my life was the 1987 show was when Stevie left the stage after Seven Wonders and the band started Over My Head masses of people were heading to the exits as if a fire drill happened. Over My Head was a known song but they were only there for "Stevie."
As frustrating it is being a fan its just as frustrating being a member of Fleetwood Mac because you have all these elements to consider when performing. Bruce or Paul or the Stones could perform deep tracks and no hits their entire show and the fans would eat it up.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-27-2022 at 07:02 AM..
Old 01-04-2023, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

NQA contains one of my Stevie misheard lyrics. For YEARS I sang along "it's real hard to be blind" instead of "it's real hard to be nice." Either works, in my opinion.
Old 01-04-2023, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
NQA contains one of my Stevie misheard lyrics. For YEARS I sang along "it's real hard to be blind" instead of "it's real hard to be nice." Either works, in my opinion.
Interesting how everyone's ears are different. I could never hear anything else but nice. For many years after Bella Donna, I used to think she said "the lady is feeling like the room that she loved" Instead of moon.
Old 01-04-2023, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Interesting how everyone's ears are different. I could never hear anything else but nice. For many years after Bella Donna, I used to think she said "the lady is feeling like the room that she loved" Instead of moon.
I've always heard moon.
Old 01-05-2023, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

This is the lamest justification, even by your standards. Is Mick feeding you talking points or what?!

Newsflash: Every tour since 2009 has been a greatest hits tour.