User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-23-2021, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Project with Greg Kurstin

https://retropopmagazine.com/stevie-...fleetwood-mac/

In a taped video from May, Stevie said she was working with Greg Kurstin.

What happened with Dave? Remember when she said I'll never work on a record without Dave. This is her second project with Greg rather than Dave.
Old 06-24-2021, 07:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A new album, some tracks for an FM project, or just a one-off for a soundtrack or something. Hmm.
Old 06-24-2021, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
A new album, some tracks for an FM project, or just a one-off for a soundtrack or something. Hmm.
Are you being real, mitzo? Cmon with that. If Mac was doing something, Campbell would produce and if needed, Neil would co-produce.

I'd say new Stevie album. She's got tour dates this summer fall so I'm guessing she'll want to play new stuff. I don't think Show Them the Way would work well in a festival setting unless it's significantly rocked up.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Are you being real, mitzo? Cmon with that. If Mac was doing something, Campbell would produce and if needed, Neil would co-produce.

I'd say new Stevie album. She's got tour dates this summer fall so I'm guessing she'll want to play new stuff. I don't think Show Them the Way would work well in a festival setting unless it's significantly rocked up.
Or rewritten entirely....
Old 06-24-2021, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, this guy is a really good producer. I didn't like the song Show Them The Way but I liked how it was produced. I hope he can reign her in and shorten her songs and make them more to the point. I don't want another Show Them The Way, but this producer did a good job. I also hope he puts a filter on her voice because of her age.
Old 06-24-2021, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I was imagining her co-writing with this guy and doing demos for an FM album. But yeah, the most unlikely scenario of all for sure.
Old 06-24-2021, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe she wants him to rearrange and possibly produce her Rhiannon material, to give it a contemporary rock and roll sound. That would be fascinating to hear, in my opinion, and I’d really look forward to it. (All those songs can be done differently from lugubrious piano ballads.) She ought to hop on that if she ever wants it to see the light of day.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-24-2021, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I was imagining her co-writing with this guy and doing demos for an FM album. But yeah, the most unlikely scenario of all for sure.
Co-writing...hmmm, I'd say co-producing with Karen

It be cool if she came out with an advocacy song for Pride Weekend!
Old 06-24-2021, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Maybe she wants him to rearrange and possibly produce her Rhiannon material, to give it a contemporary rock and roll sound. That would be fascinating to hear, in my opinion, and I’d really look forward to it. (All those songs can be done differently from lugubrious piano ballads.) She ought to hop on that if she ever wants it to see the light of day.
she has consistently griped about not having time for that project "so many things to do" and then the universe gives her a gift of a WHOLE FRIGGING YEAR where she couldn't tour if she wanted to, and if she wanted to record she'd have to do it at home... so why not use all that free time (remember the whole buying a trailer in Malibu and living alone by the sea??? Seems like her apartment overhanging the PCH with it's great sea views would work just as well). Instead she b*tched about being soooooooo bored during COVID and not being able to go out. Her writing days are DONE. She could have worked all sorts of sh^t for the Rhiannon project.. wasn't she talking like a Broadway show in recent years?? NADA. She even moaned in several interviews about being bored with her housemates... and snapping at them when they suggested it was a good time to record a bunch of stuff that to do that SHE was the one on the hook to write whatever material so they could record it and they just didn't realize how HARD it is to do..... Remember when she told us HERSELF what a "prolific" songwriter she was, songs just POURING out of her every night and day... Clearly that's dried up. COVID would have been a perfect time to work out a plan for Rhiannon. I'm betting if not now, never.
Old 06-24-2021, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
she has consistently griped about not having time for that project "so many things to do" and then the universe gives her a gift of a WHOLE FRIGGING YEAR where she couldn't tour if she wanted to, and if she wanted to record she'd have to do it at home... so why not use all that free time (remember the whole buying a trailer in Malibu and living alone by the sea??? Seems like her apartment overhanging the PCH with it's great sea views would work just as well). Instead she b*tched about being soooooooo bored during COVID and not being able to go out. Her writing days are DONE. She could have worked all sorts of sh^t for the Rhiannon project.. wasn't she talking like a Broadway show in recent years?? NADA. She even moaned in several interviews about being bored with her housemates... and snapping at them when they suggested it was a good time to record a bunch of stuff that to do that SHE was the one on the hook to write whatever material so they could record it and they just didn't realize how HARD it is to do..... Remember when she told us HERSELF what a "prolific" songwriter she was, songs just POURING out of her every night and day... Clearly that's dried up. COVID would have been a perfect time to work out a plan for Rhiannon. I'm betting if not now, never.
You may be wrong. Consider the fact that Show Them Way was a song she wrote a long time ago and she was really happy with the way he produced it. I think that she may want him to produce other songs from the past that she has written because she liked what he did with Show Them the Way.

Also, Kurstin has won Record and Album of the year before. He has also produced numerous hits and I think that this is the type of person Stevie would want for her Rhiannon project.
Old 06-25-2021, 06:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Chiffons would say to this that she spent the lockdown getting the 24 Karat Gold Tour video ready for theatrical and album release. And she even managed to release a new song!
Old 06-25-2021, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
https://retropopmagazine.com/stevie-...fleetwood-mac/

What happened with Dave? Remember when she said I'll never work on a record without Dave. This is her second project with Greg rather than Dave.
Name 3 solo albums where she had the same producer exclusively on each of the 3 albums. Show Them the Way is terrible. I think I would rather have another tonsillectomy than listen to an entire album of that .

Old 06-25-2021, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Name 3 solo albums where she had the same producer exclusively on each of the 3 albums. Show Them the Way is terrible. I think I would rather have another tonsillectomy than listen to an entire album of that .
I'm just taking what she said in her promo for IYD. Dave was responsible for the best year of her life.
Old 06-25-2021, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Doesn't $he sleep with all of the producers, and that's why they end their musical relationship with her?
Old 06-26-2021, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It’s not the production. The song was terrible. There has been no growth. She sucks.